• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Where are Zach and finnlay? Also I believe Hunter Elliot from Scots certainly should have made the A team.
Zach is starting centre for 1s. bartlet is on the 2s wing which I belive is a fair call. I don’t understand the hype on him. He was exposed against his counter part centres at school in lua at watts. I belive he could make a great second rowerthough.

once again I’ll say, being in the ‘A’ team dosent mean your better, with the Bs starting lineup being the 2nd best players according to coaches….

Hey buddy
How is this comment at all relevant in a schoolboy rugby forum? Quite frankly this information is boring and offers absolutely nothing to the conversation, but if it makes you feel better then go for your life. Also if you are a Newington old boy (sounds like you are) there is nothing about GPS schools that is middle class, the school fees are the only example I need.

Kind regards IS
I wholeheartedly agree, we are here to discuss the sport God played as a boy...... Footy, not to discuss the political circumstances surrounding the GPS. In the wise words of Gandhi himself- "First shall come footy, second shall come life"

Hi All

Thanks for posting the 16's Presidents teams Joker

Interesting read. Selected by, I assume, people that have watched, coached and played rugby ( they don't get it right all the time however better creds than the people on this forum ) the team spreads are :

16'A team : S 7, N 5, E 5, J 3, K 2, I 1
16'B team : N 6, K 6, J 5, S 3 E 1, I 1

Please corect me if these figures are wrong.

Now, not to get too stupid with stuff, I will assume being selected in the A team is twice as good as in the B team. Adding the figures

S 17, N 16, E 11, J 11, K 10, I 3

New have 11 players selected, S 10, J 8, K 8, E 6, I 2

As Stephenmoorebeers stated, he'll put his house on the Scots v New 16's game next time around. After these selections suggest, he must have a few to give away.

Let the excuses/debate begin

Wyvernboy
Wrong person, never said anything about my house, however I shall put a fair handshake with some well deserved respect on the line.

GPS GREMLIN

Banned
Some of the comments are harsh on Bartlett as he is only a youngin I couldn't imagine any of yous in the bright lights @16.

Fairdinkum

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Please explain the Presidents team in regards to GPS teams. Never been sure of its role.
Pres teams will play at the school championships against association like isa cas aices ccc and chs, gps is ussaly the most dominant by far in this (last year the final was meant to be Gps 1 vs Gps 2) from this competition a nsw 1 and 2 team are picked to play against Sydney, country and a presidents team, from this a gen blue squad is picked and then teams are assembled to play against qld ect

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
NSW schools team plays Sydney country and pres my mistake.
Pres teams will play at the school championships against association like isa cas aices ccc and chs, gps is ussaly the most dominant by far in this (last year the final was meant to be Gps 1 vs Gps 2) from this competition a nsw 1 and 2 team are picked to play against Sydney, country and a presidents team, from this a gen blue squad is picked and then teams are assembled to play against qld ect

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Rubbish Rb, typically the GPS 1s play the CAS 1s in the final NOT the gps 2S, that happened last year after a last minute win by the GPS 2s over the CAS 1s, and the final is nearly always tight. Expect the same this year.

Hardyardmenrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on round 2 16As
Joyes V New
Kings V Shore
View V Scots

would love to hear thoughts.
Joeys 10 - new 27
Kings 22 - shore 27
View 12 - Scots 22

I am a 16B father so not the most credible insight however would love too see how these games play out. It’s difficult to be spot on with the outcomes as this age group is filled with abundant young talent who have the potential to turn a game around completely. But in all honesty I have new and Scots as likely favourites, kings vs shore could go either way.

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Rubbish Rb, typically the GPS 1s play the CAS 1s in the final NOT the gps 2S, that happened last year after a last minute win by the GPS 2s over the CAS 1s, and the final is nearly always tight. Expect the same this year.
Possibly true, the luck of the draw isn’t that great for gps2s playing most school 1s teams anyways. But the years I have watched this comp I’ve seen gps play gps… this year I actually see isa to be great competition for gps and cas.

people make mistakes on this forum, just because someone had hurt your beloved cas comp dosent mean you need to lose your shit…

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Thoughts on round 2 16As
Joyes V New
Kings V Shore
View V Scots

would love to hear thoughts.
New and Scots easily by a lot.
Kings vs shore will be a great match these two schools have commonly placed third in this age group challenging Scot’s and newo. would love to see this game. Both teams have key players in opens but I could possibly see kings winning through their large Foward back and receiving will Rodgers from Henley regatta duty’s if the school allows him back into 16As straight away.

from my understanding shore have two players in opens who are aged 16 while kings have 3.

GPS GREMLIN

Banned
New and Scots easily by a lot.
Kings vs shore will be a great match these two schools have commonly placed third in this age group challenging Scot’s and newo. would love to see this game. Both teams have key players in opens but I could possibly see kings winning through their large Foward back and receiving will Rodgers from Henley regatta duty’s if the school allows him back into 16As straight away.

from my understanding shore have two players in opens who are aged 16 while kings have 3.
Lots of different opinions on this draw. Unfourtunately if we fast foward to the end of the season I can see Kings and Joyes finishing in the bottom 2 spots of the 16s ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.