• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Semi Final: Brisbane City vs Sydney Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Full credit to the stars and their coaching staff
As they came to play and play they did. As no body expected
them to be a real chance of being competitive let alone be positioned to win the game. Came with a great well thought out and executed game plan that made Brisbane fight for the win.

Unlucky in some ways to lose as 2 of last three tries were against the run of play

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
My thoughts were that the Stars game plan had them kicking the ball much too often. Their defense and City's poor handling kept them close for a large part of the game, but they were really not going to be in the hunt by continually giving possession back to a side like Brisbane City.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am probably just glad it was not a 50+ thrashing - as I am sure like many thought this was likely...

Brc ran ramshod in forwards - think first 40m rolling maul seen scored off

Whilst quality of brc backs eventually shown through but was some committed defence shown by stars and equally at times some good ball playing in attack at
Times recognising not same star quality of plAyers in brc side

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
How bad was he! Just unbelievable. Dropped it at least 6 times.
I would be guessing 10+ dropped balls.

Maybe he is scared of plovers???

A player of his calibre is unlikely to do that two weeks in a row so I think the Vikings are unlucky they did not play this week.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Plovers are fucking lunatic birds. To say I was swooped by one once would be a massive understatement. It was an all out attack.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Plovers are fucking lunatic birds. To say I was swooped by one once would be a massive understatement. It was an all out attack.

Truth. They're nutters for golf courses too. Plenty of nice grassy areas to nest. I had to abandon my ball once as they tried to remove my head repeatedly. Like magpies with a personality disorder.

T

TOCC

Trying to ride your bike whilst defending yourself from from a Magpie/Plover attack is a right of passage for Australian youth

T

TOCC

Waita Setu has been doing some behind the scenes videos on Brisbane City, they give a good insight into the team

Status
Not open for further replies.