• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Semi Final: Brisbane City vs Sydney Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
City have only played about 15 minutes of rugby, but it has been good enough. Their backs have some defensive issues that will give the Vikings a bit of confidence, and they appear to be easily niggled.

Gotta say, Gill lost his composure a little tonight with Hoffman. Should have been concentrating on the team huddle rather than bitching at the ref at halftime.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Go Brisbane City!
Their winning streak must be closing in on some records for rugby union in this country

Moree Rugby once got through about 2 or 3 seasons undefeated back in the 90s. Maybe close to 4.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone one know where the Plovers came from, given the age of the chicks they must have been nesting on the field all along?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Seems they were photographed there in last week's game:

ZIfH87V.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Despite his indiscretions (see @Pfitzy above) Gill my MOTM. Hope the Vikings took notice of the many mistackles by the City No 10.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
I was at the match and I'm amazed Neville wasn't shown a red card for that trip. It was a real dick move. Also, my god Carter can screech.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Despite his indiscretions (see @Pfitzy above) Gill my MOTM. Hope the Vikings took notice of the many mistackles by the City No 10.

Gill's play was superb. But that altercation with Hoffman at halftime was coming through loud and clear on the mic. And Hoffman also had a word to the Stars captain about his language too.

MungoMan

Ward Prentice (10)
I was at the match and I'm amazed Neville wasn't shown a red card for that trip. It was a real dick move. Also, my god Carter can screech.

I was there too, yet utterly missed the reason for the card - as did my wife.

My son said: trip.

Even so, after watching the replay on the screen at the far end of the ground I was no wiser. I may have been distracted by the melodrama of Mr and Mrs Plover and their wayward children.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I am little surprised by the vibe of this thread. This was one of my favourite NRC games from the last 2 years.

The Stars came with a well thought out game plan to contain Brisbane's back 4 and executed with tremendous energy and physicality. Every player just worked hard for each other. Tom Carter and Tolu Latu had their best games of the year and Jones and Kingston proved a constant threat. Hunt had absolutely destroyed the Stars a month ago but the Stars targeted him and were able to contain him (not that he had a bad game)

City then found a way to rise to their best in the 2nd half. Gill and Frisby led the way and one moment from Hunt, Kerevi and the Prince showed how dangerous they can be with quality ball.

I thought there were some tough calls for the referee to make and there will be probably be some debate about them but overall the right team was leading at half time and the right team won the game.

In terms of the 'Advantage Over' call, Hoff will regret calling it a moment early but I thought this was an example where getting the right outcome was more important than the process of getting to it. A try to Brisbane would have been a much worse outcome and GAGR folk would have been even more critical of this.

If the citing commissioner agrees with many on this forum that Neville deserved a Red Card, he may miss the final. This will put Brisbane under pressure against the Vikings tall timber as the difference in the lineout was very noticeable when Neville was off the field.

I am looking forward to the final and I wish I could be in Brisbane for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.