• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 6: NSW Country v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd be surprised if Tupou doesn't make his Super Rugby debut next year.

He was excellent last night and continues to improve.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see him pop up at the back end of many Reds games next season. He's handled the transition from schoolboys to club and now the NRC very well.

One issue though, is at least in my opinion is his work rate in defence. Could probably do with some work in that are. But aside from that he's been very good so far in the time he has had.

There had been mention prior to the NRC that his scrummaging may have been somewhat suspect. Whoever put that forward clearly has no idea what they are talking about. He's been dominant in that aspect of his play as well. He's actually sort of a scary prospect. The kid is only 19. He has so much more development both game wise and physically left in him its amazing. In a competition that has unearthed some really quality young talent, he would be my No.1. I am biased as a former THP but I still think I'm right.

Finally, on a somewhat related note, I had my grandfather over last night and we watched the 'Battle of the Countrys''. He's a big League fan. First of all, he enjoyed it. Really enjoyed. I've been telling him about the NRC for a while so he was interested in watching. He said he'd happily watch again. Soit does have appeal outside we diehards.

Second, he actually brought up Topou in comparison to Hayne going to the NFL. He suggested it might be wise to keep things quiet about this kid as he'd likely be very attractive to scouts looking for the next Hayne. I didn't tell him about YouTube but he has a point.

T

TOCC

There had been mention prior to the NRC that his scrummaging may have been somewhat suspect. Whoever put that forward clearly has no idea what they are talking about. He's been dominant in that aspect of his play as well. He's actually sort of a scary prospect. The kid is only 19. He has so much more development both game wise and physically left in him its amazing. In a competition that has unearthed some really quality young talent, he would be my No.1. I am biased as a former THP but I still think I'm right.

Well it wasn't just people on this forum who said it, Nic Stiles also commented that his scrummaging wasn't quite there yet prior to the NRC, although he caveated the comment by stating that TT was better then anyone else in his age group. I watched a few QPR games where he was starting THP and he had his moments of dominance and moments where he was clearly beaten by the opposition scrum.

Taniela has been on one massive learning curve and has stood up to the challenge physically and now appears to be picking up the technical side of scrummaging as well. Thats what the NRC is about, its about providing both a higher level of competition and a higher level of coaching.

But I digress, i agree that he has enormous potential and if he continues his trajectory he will be pulling on a Reds jersey in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.