• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 5: Brisbane City v Sydney Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Chris Allcock replies with a meat pie for the Rays under the Chopsticks. Sinclair converts to take their lead out to 12.

Rays 38 City 26 after 67 minutes.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Brisbane need to be scoring their tries near the posts. Goals, goals, goals.

But a nice one for Alcock.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Cheese for Damian Fitzpatrick for repeated team infringements.

He'll only get 2 more minutes of game time after the time in the naughty boys chair is over.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Brother of Taniela grabs a meat pie off the back of a rolling maul.

Jake Mack misses from the sideline again.

Rays 38 City 32 with 9 min to go.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Clutch win to the Rays!

Queensland sides are now 1 from 10 in the NRC.

Bring back Richard Graham to the Reds!

;)

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
McIntyre is actually a pretty decent player at this level. I wondered if his good performances last year were just a part of being in a team with so much quality front-foot ball, but even in this current iteration of City he's playing a much more positive style of rugby than he did with the Reds.

Really makes me think the Reds' coaching is the culprit, as it has been in so many other aspects of their game.

He's not playing any materially different to Super Rugby or last year's NRC. His defence was better today and had a couple of runs which created some go forward but still no breaks. He looked marginally better at NRC level today but nothing to suggest he will leap forward at Super Rugby. Only time he will take the line on is 5m out when he sniffs a try, most of the time it's catch & shovel, does not engage any defenders, does not create any space or linebreaks for his team mates. Nothing different this season to last. NRC is a slower game so he has a better handle on things and less errors.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from the game here:

Flickr or Facebook

29801498002_56375d9f59_c_d.jpg

29289337373_538de5c47f_c_d.jpg

29880413066_65e7a64235_c_d.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Photos from the game here:

Flickr or Facebook

29801498002_56375d9f59_c_d.jpg

29289337373_538de5c47f_c_d.jpg

29880413066_65e7a64235_c_d.jpg
Another good TV game - both games televised on fox sports over weekend good advert for nrc. Just need more people to actually see /watch the games as quality of football this season very good.

Particularly impressed with the Rays given lack of Super Rugby players in squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Irate Simone shows his class to open the account for the Rays. Matt Lucas converts.

Rays 8 City 6. - 23 minutes gone.

Simone is looking good but City defence seems to be a little disorganised.

Simone looks a talent hopefully the tahs can then him in to Beale type 12 playmaker as good footwork and think he is leading the nrc Comp in try assists. Looks made for super rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I really like Matt Lucas. One of the few characters in our game now.

I agree that Simone looks the goods. And how good was Chris Allcock when he came on?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Controversial, but with Alcock around I think the Rays give Wellsy a crack at lock.

Could do worse than getting the best players on the park.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Controversial, but with Alcock around I think the Rays give Wellsy a crack at lock.

Could do worse than getting the best players on the park.

Have to say I have problems with this approach. Wells is hardly a giraffe and would struggle being a front line jumper in the lineout. Shades of the Pooper.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
TBF, I think this needs to happen.

NSW getting more on board the NRC train. And it's starting to build a little.

While the traditional he avy weights like BRC dwindle - I mean Brisvegas teams use to get best NRC crowds consistently by a country mile. Whilst last Sunday's game I think I could hear the crickets

Gees can't believe how much of a crisis QLD rugby is in. Had discussion with work colleague about this and sporting teams in general where if board/mgt/administration in shambles usually reflects on teams results. Parramatta, Manly were case in point for league, Brisbane Lions for AFL and QLD Reds the union example.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gees can't believe how much of a crisis QLD rugby is in. Had discussion with work colleague about this and sporting teams in general where if board/mgt/administration in shambles usually reflects on teams results.

I don't think it's as bad as you make out.

Qld Country has never been a force in the NRC so it is only one team whose results have taken a plunge this year.

If you look at the Brisbane City NRC team, their best players in the first two seasons were Samu Kerevi, Nick Frisby and Liam Gill. The first two are with the Wallabies (which is good fro Qld rugby) and the last one has gone overseas (certainly bad for Qld rugby but a big reason Brisbane City aren't doing well).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't think it's as bad as you make out.

Qld Country has never been a force in the NRC so it is only one team whose results have taken a plunge this year.

If you look at the Brisbane City NRC team, their best players in the first two seasons were Samu Kerevi, Nick Frisby and Liam Gill. The first two are with the Wallabies (which is good fro Qld rugby) and the last one has gone overseas (certainly bad for Qld rugby but a big reason Brisbane City aren't doing well).
More than that - crowds down for nrc, Reds games and wallaby games played in qld

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.