• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 5: Brisbane City v NSW Country Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
_bhjPASP_bigger.jpeg
vs
UpogCUwR_normal.jpeg

Where: Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane
When: Sunday 20 September, kick off 3:30pm AEST
Match Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant Referees: Damien Mitchelmore, Brett Cronan

Broadcast Information: foxsports.com.au and FOX SPORTS NOW

Brisbane City 2015 Form Guide: WWWW
NSW Country Eagles 2015 Form Guide: WLBW
Last Time They Met: 14/09/14; NSW Country Eagles 26-34 Brisbane City; Oakes Oval, Lismore.

At Stake: Horan-Little Shield Challenge

Match Notes: 2015 top try scorer Junior Laloifi faces off against all-time competition top try scorer Andrew Kellaway as Brisbane City battle the Country Eagles with the Horan-Little Shield on the line.

_bhjPASP_bigger.jpeg
Brisbane City
1. Pettowa PARAKA
2. Andrew READY
3. Sam TALAKAI
4. Ben HYNE
5. Cadeyrn NEVILLE
6. Luke BEAUCHAMP
7. Liam GILL (c)
8. Scott HIGGINBOTHAM
9. Nick FRISBY
10. Jake McINTYRE
11. Junior LALOIFI
12. Henry TAEFU
13. Samu KEREVI
14. Chris KURIDRANI
15. Karmichael HUNT

16. Markus VANZATI
17. Matt MAFI
18. Feao FOTUAIKA
19. Corey THOMAS
20. Michael RICHARDS
21. Tim SMITH
22. Alex GIBBON
23. Patrick JAMES

UpogCUwR_normal.jpeg
CSU NSW Country Eagles
1. Dane MARAKI
2. Ryan DALZIEL
3. Dave FAEO
4. Nick PALMER
5. Sam LOUISI
6. Sam CROKE
7. Pauli TUALA
8. Sam FIGG
9. Mitch SHORT
10. Jono LANCE
11. Tom MERRITT
12. David HORWITZ
13. Will FAY
14. Jack PENNINGTON
15. Jarome MACKENZIE

16. Tom SEXTON
17. Clay BRODIE
18. Andrew COLLINS
19. BJ EDWARDS
20. Mark BALDWIN
21. Dave HARVEY
22. Brogan ROODS
23. Charlie CLIFTON

@RugbyReg says (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nrc-2015-round-5-preview/)
There are at least two reasons for Brisbane City fans to get down to Ballymore for this Sunday’s NRC match between Brisbane City and NSW Country. The first is that the QRU is out to set a record for the world’s largest scrum, which is currently held by about 1,200 New South Welshmen. The scrum is set to be packed at around 2:15pm, so make sure you get there about 30 minutes earlier to ensure you don’t miss out on being a part of this unique experience.
So being a World Record Holder aint a bad reason, but what about the quality of the game on show? These teams have an epic history in the NRC with two classic encounters last year, both won by Brisbane City despite both being played in regional NSW. The Eagles remain a force to be reckoned with having, last week, been the first team to defeat the Sydney Stars. Brisbane City did a number on the North Harbour Rays, but will need to be a great deal tighter this Sunday to take the chocolates over the Eagles, and retain the Horan-Little Shield.
Key Match ups:
Eagles flyhalf Jono Lance, who went to school in South East Queensland, and City flyhalf Jake McIntyre, who went to school in regional NSW, face off in a key battle in this the last match of Round 5. Lance was superb last weekend in scoring, setting up and converting tries. McIntyre played a more understated role for City v the Rays, but stayed composed as all around him threatened to collapse. This will be a tactical game as much as anything with both players key to the game plan execution and then, of course, it’s outcome.
There’s nothing like a player with pure speed and a competition such as the NRC, with his rule variations, can really allow such a player to stand out. Last year it was Jarome McKenzie, playing fullback for the Eagles this week, and this year it has been Junior Laloifi who is playing on the wing for Brisbane. There is nothing quite like a player who just has that innate ability to find the try line and both of these players have it in spades. Of course having a pair of jet shoes on your feet doesn’t half help either, and is just another reason to not take your eyes off this match for a second.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
We have to have at least one Gaggerland luminary present to present the Horan-Little Shield to the NSW Country Eagles at the end of the fixture.:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
As much as I'd like to see the H-L Shield come to it's rightful home in NSW, it would be a huge upset for the Eagles to win.

The City Engine Room should chew up and spit out the Eagles piggies. It is baffling why Baldwin is starting on the bench. Where is Dashville Kuarte? Is he cooling his heels on the sideline after the swinging arm tackle on O'Regan at Tamworth?

There are some talented folk in the Eagles Hairdressing Saloon, but not enough of them to match the calibre of the City Princesses. 9-10-12 will be a great battle, but outside that, the City look to have the measure of the Eagles. Where is Andrew "The Fire" Kellaway?

This could get as ugly as the Vikings v Stars game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kuate and staniforth are both suspended.

Hanigan is tested and I'd suggest Kellaway is the same indicating that the Eagles have basically thrown this game as they have a quick turnaround to next Thursday night v Qld country.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There seems to be a bit of "secret men's business" going on with post game citings.

Are there independent video match reviews going on, or are the suspensions resulting from the teams citing opponents?

So far there has been Kuarte, Staniforth, Tummy Carter who have had suspensions that seem to have been not made public by their franchise, although there was a reference to Carter being suspended for one game in the team announcement by Stars for the Eagles game.

Do the NRC boffins publish a list of their judicial findings? I'd be interested to see how long Kuarte got. He absolutely poleaxed the Stars 7.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
There seems to be a bit of "secret men's business" going on with post game citings.

Are there independent video match reviews going on, or are the suspensions resulting from the teams citing opponents?

So far there has been Kuarte, Staniforth, Tummy Carter who have had suspensions that seem to have been not made public by their franchise, although there was a reference to Carter being suspended for one game in the team announcement by Stars for the Eagles game.

Do the NRC boffins publish a list of their judicial findings? I'd be interested to see how long Kuarte got. He absolutely poleaxed the Stars 7.

Every game has a citing officer (as they do in Super Rugby).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Seems that they are coming down hard on any contact with the melon, but the memo may not have been issued to the Referees and AR's.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
I know Brisbane City has a strong lineup, but I'm amazed that Andy Muirhead hasn't (to my knowledge) been able to even crack a bench spot so far this NRC season. Does anyone know if he's injured?

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Thanks Reg, although I didn't see his name in the 7s squad that went to New Zealand earlier this week.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Still can't see Andy's name there but did notice that Stephan Van Der Walt has earned a 6 months contract with the National 7s squad.

pagey

Frank Row (1)
Hi, I'm going to my first Rugby Union game tomorrow at Ballymore with my youngest son, really looking forward to it but can someone tell me about parking? Are there restrictions on street parking? Are there shuttle buses or are these only for Red games? Thanks, Phil

B

Bobby Sands

I know Brisbane City has a strong lineup, but I'm amazed that Andy Muirhead hasn't (to my knowledge) been able to even crack a bench spot so far this NRC season. Does anyone know if he's injured?

I don't know if he is injured. But can you give any more info in Muirhead?
I watched his highlights a few weeks ago, and he looks like a genuinley good footballer.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
I don't know if he is injured. But can you give any more info in Muirhead?
I watched his highlights a few weeks ago, and he looks like a genuinley good footballer.
He's been a really consistent performer at fullback for Souths for a few years now. Solid in defence and very elusive and incisive in attack. He also had a stint with Counties Manukau in last year's ITM in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.