• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 4: Brisbane City v North Harbour Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Kerevi seemed a bit disinterested in the first half but then really blew them apart near the end of the game.

Couldn't agree more BigDog, was quite surprised how disinterested he looked through most of game, certainly didn't enchance his reputation.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Hodge made a few mistakes and his decision making wasn't always great. I really don't think he stood out at all last night.

He's certainly got the attributes to be a pro rugby player but I wouldn't expect him to make the grade in Super Rugby any time soon. I expect his opportunities will be limited for some time to come.

Hunt definitely had a far bigger impact on the game.

You never know. With Jack D in Melbourne I assume he will be behind him but with a full pre - season players can develop very quickly has all the basic attributes and is at a reasonable physical size already with a monster boot.

T

TOCC

Every televised game should be played either at Ballymore or at an equivalently excellent venue.

Yeah it suits the NRC perfectly provides a intimate feel about it, the field is always in fantastic condition. The grandstands provide good vantage points for the cameras as well.

Crowd figure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Hodge made a few mistakes and his decision making wasn't always great. I really don't think he stood out at all last night.

He's certainly got the attributes to be a pro rugby player but I wouldn't expect him to make the grade in Super Rugby any time soon. I expect his opportunities will be limited for some time to come.

Hunt definitely had a far bigger impact on the game.

Really think Hodge is being played out of position. Has not been impressive in two games I've seen him play 15, but he was very good, almost outstanding at times at 12 for Manly.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
IMO only a handful of players really stood up for Brisbane City and a number of the others are passengers waiting for those key players to do something.

Standouts for me were Gill, Neville, Talakai, Higginbotham (besides ridiculous YC) and Hunt.
I thought Frisby and McIntyre had good individual games but as a halves pairing didn't keep pressure on the Rays and at times allowing the game to loosen up.

Kerevi and Kuridrani although having some great moments in games, this season have not lit the NRC alight in any way shape or form. Far too many indecisive moments where they are caught hesitating is really hurting them this season.

Paraka and Mafi although provided a very solid and dominant set piece platform didn't contribute around the field. Average defending, poor ball carries and defensive folding often hurt there team mates at times during the match.

Club players I thought were quite good and contributed positively in many cases e.g Hyne, Taefu and Tela. For BC to take that next step of being a dominant force in this seasons NRC they must learn to be being clinical for long periods of the game.

The UC Vikings will be a match which will test them all over the park and a good performance against NSW Country before the bye will be needed if they are to compete with their host of Super 15 players.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hunt solid - talented footballer - I certainly hope he gets better and goes on to play for the wallabies as would like to see other talented big name league players who could be a hit follow the steps of other converts like Folau....as we always have room for talented players....who can only improve our depth and quality....and grow our game...Folau coming to union been huge....more of the same please...

Hunt still work in progress after disruption in first season due to drugs issue/suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.