• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 1: QLD Country v Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Queensland Country vs Canberra Vikings at Bond University

Referee: Nicholas Berry
Assistant referees: Rohan Hoffmann, Damon Murphy
Television match official: Gregory Milne
Assessor: Gregory Hinton

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Wasn't impressed with his half game at the trials this year Brumbies v Reds. Hope he has improved since then.

Think Houston had the other half, and imo showed then and during the Soup he is the No 1 ref in this country.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
normally QLD Country and Brisbane City teams are announced at the same time.

No QLD Country team as yet, which leads me to believe it is being delayed until after the Wallaby team is announced.

Which leads me to further to believe that Simmons may have some game time at Bond Uni this weekend.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
normally QLD Country and Brisbane City teams are announced at the same time.

No QLD Country team as yet, which leads me to believe it is being delayed until after the Wallaby team is announced.

Which leads me to further to believe that Simmons may have some game time at Bond Uni this weekend.

BOOM!

Bond University Queensland Country side to face University of Canberra Vikings:
1. Sef Fa’agase – Reds/University of Queensland/Beaudesert
2. Feleti Kaitu’u – GPS*
3. Taniela Tupou – Reds/Brothers
4. Rob Simmons – Reds/Sunnybank/Theodore*
5. Izack Rodda – Queensland U20s/Easts*
6. Tyrell Barker - Easts
7. Conor Mitchell – University of Queensland/Sunshine Coast
8. Apisai Naiyabo – Norths*
9. James Tuttle – Reds/GPS
10. Mack Mason – Queensland U20s/Easts/Mitchell
11. Eto Nabuli – Reds/GPS*
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Reds/Norths/Rockhampton
13. Tyrone Lefau - Wests
14. Tom Pincus – University of Queensland/Gold Coast
15. Tom Banks – Reds/University of Queensland Reserves

16. Alex Casey – Souths**
17. Ben Daley – Reds/Bond University/Gold Coast*
18. Kirwan Sanday – Easts**
19. Phil Potgieter – University of Queensland/Toowoomba
20. Lolo Fakaosilea – Reds/Sunnybank/Emerald***
21. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa – Sunnybank/Port Douglas****
22. Mitch Third – Bond University/Gold Coast**
23. Izaia Perese – Reds/Easts

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lolo Fakaosilea gets a great wrap, but I've never seen him play.

Finally, he's fully fit for the NRC and he's ON THE BENCH! Why keep him in your won't use him Qld? Sent him to the Brumbies via 1 of the NSW teams.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Finally, he's fully fit for the NRC and he's ON THE BENCH! Why keep him in your won't use him Qld? Sent him to the Brumbies via 1 of the NSW teams.

perhaps he wanted to stay for QLD Country? He's a proud Emerald lad.

Plus, don't believe the wraps.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
perhaps he wanted to stay for QLD Country? He's a proud Emerald lad.

Plus, don't believe the wraps.

My understanding is Qld Country are run as part of the Reds, and as such all selection decisions are made with the Reds in mind (with the exception of the 'favourite son' selection of Higgers last year). An example that comes to mind is the fact Hansen left last year in similar circumstances.

Yes, he is a true Country signing though and yes, I agree wraps are BS. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My understanding is Qld Country are run as part of the Reds, and as such all selection decisions are made with the Reds in mind (with the exception of the 'favourite son' selection of Higgers last year). An example that comes to mind is the fact Hansen left last year in similar circumstances.

Yes, he is a true Country signing though and yes, I agree wraps are BS. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY!

well that's clearly not true when you have a number of players who aren't eligible for Australia, or are 43 year old retirees or are going to teams that aren't the Brumbies (Daley).

I get the impression QLD Rugby just want to make a BIG statement about QLD Country this year. It's their turn, so to speak.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
well that's clearly not true when you have a number of players who aren't eligible for Australia, or are 43 year old retirees or are going to teams that aren't the Brumbies (Daley).

I get the impression QLD Rugby just want to make a BIG statement about QLD Country this year. It's their turn, so to speak.

I disagree mate.

Thorn - you could easily make an argument that this is in their best interests (and they have, many times). He's already on the pay roll after all.
International players - the Reds don't sign these? Since when?
Daley - fair call here.

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
UC Vikings for this weekend
1. Sione Taula
2. Robbie Abel
3. Les Makin
4. Rory Arnold
5. Blake Enever
6. Tom Staniforth
7. Jarrad Butler (c)
8. Jordan Smiler
9. Joe Powell
10. Nick Jooste
11. Lausii Taliauli
12. Jordan Jackson-Hope
13. Andrew Smith
14. James Dargaville
15. Robbie Coleman

RESERVES
16. Connal McInerney
17. Faalelei Sione
18. Nick Dobson
19. OJ Noa
20. Dean Oakman-Hunt
21. Brent Hamlin
22. Isaac Thompson
23. Henry Speight

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is going to be a brilliant game. Early call - GRAND FINAL PREVIEW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Mann-Rea injured?

Regardless, it's good to see Abel and McInerney as the hookers with an eye on the future..........

And Staniforth at 6 is interesting - I think he's athletic enough to have a future in the position........ Kimlin Mk II.

T

TOCC

Players were given the option to move on or remain, some like Scot Gale who is off contract decided to move on to press his chances for contract elsewhere.

T

TOCC

Is Mann-Rea injured?

Regardless, it's good to see Abel and McInerney as the hookers with an eye on the future....

And Staniforth at 6 is interesting - I think he's athletic enough to have a future in the position.... Kimlin Mk II.

Staniforth at 6 was predictable, I think I mentioned it elsewhere.. Vikings had an abundance of quality locks and a shortage on on the backrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.