• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Grand Final 2015: Brisbane City vs Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Nick Frisby makes a break

22644354881_603088af5a_b_d.jpg

and scores a few minutes later

22607236486_8350455242_b_d.jpg

The 'Prince of Ballymore' caused problems, but did not get on the scoreboard (for once)

22620013082_1b1451ce77_b_d.jpg

Try scorer Alex Gibbon, cleans up in his own in-goal

22635180945_479aaf5f2f_b_d.jpg

Liam Gill with the NRC trophy

22012610604_67d16e8700_b_d.jpg

No Vikings tries down my end, sorry.

T

TOCC

When people make similar comments on multiple occasions it serves little purpose to continually dispute them, the results speak for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, we were sitting on the hill so behind the Vikings in the 1st half and they had 2 penalties in a row that CLL kicked for touch from around his 22 and we were amazed at how little ground he made on both - for someone of his experience and skills it was quite surprising - didn't give his team any advantage at all. His general play was certainly good but the kicking less so. McIntyre continues to look good, which hopefully bodes well for the Reds next year.
Apart from missing touch once I think McIntyre's big strength is his kicking for touch after a penalty, over the season Brisbane have been in great position to win lineouts and rolling maul a try due to his kicks. This will be a real benefit to the Reds.

He also seems to be playing a bit flatter which is great as well

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Have they moved the TV cameras to the "other" side of Ballymore to get better crowd shots?

The ground markings are almost invisible, and the grass looks very "flouro".

CSn_optVAAAGtFw.jpg

No change to the score: 64 minutes gone. Last points were 32 minutes ago.

Brisbane City 13 (C. Neville (5), N. Frisby (32) tries; J McIntyre (5) con) lead
UC Vikings 10 (F. Fainifo (2), I Thompson (13) Tries)

Yellow Card: R. Abel (Vikings (38))

Yep was one of my big gripes about positioning of camera's on empty stands made it much better look (especially for a lot of newcomers watching the final) to see stands with decent crowd watching the game..

Well done Foxtel

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Apart from missing touch once I think McIntyre's big strength is his kicking for touch after a penalty, over the season Brisbane have been in great position to win lineouts and rolling maul a try due to his kicks. This will be a real benefit to the Reds.

He also seems to be playing a bit flatter which is great as well

There was an article on the ABC website the other day about how McIntyre has been working with an AFL kicking coach to improve his distance on kicks - it seems to have been a smart move and has paid off. There's probably a few other teams that could benefit from the same idea.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yep was one of my big gripes about positioning of camera's on empty stands made it much better look (especially for a lot of newcomers watching the final) to see stands with decent crowd watching the game..

Well done Foxtel

Is it Foxtel or the clubs? It would be just as easy for the Clubs to only open the side viewed by the cameras

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know with Ballymore, the QRU pretty much insisted that they would only shoot into the McLean Stand (the crowded stand).

I think they had to pay the costs of ensuring all the media stuff was accecible for them in the eastern stand, but it was a good choice regardless.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^ I'm not all that familiar with Ballymore layout, but I think you are saying that the broadcast was from the "camera unfriendly" side. That would explain why the colour was a bit washed out, and the field markings didn't really stand out like we are used to seeing.

Seems to be damned if we do (shoot into empty stands but have awesome quality images for broadcast) or damned if we don't (shoot into "crowded stands" but have sub-optimal broadcast image quality).

That was a healthy crowd (for NRC) especially in a RWC year and hopefully next year crowds will be up. A grudge logal derby in Shute Shield (Rats vs Marlins) will geta circa 6k crowd if the weather is fine, and the combatents are near the top of the Shute Shield ladder. It will take time to get the tribal loyalties established like Rats and Marlins have, but NRC needs to be striving to attract crowds of this magnitude.

Onward and upward. I'm getting excited about NRC version 3.0.

Thanks to the Pulveriser for having faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.