• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Grand Final 2015: Brisbane City vs Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Strange how at NRC level, the scrum dominance seedms to go with the feed but at Super level it is usually against the side feeding. Any suggestions why?

Having said that, an early scrum to the City side near their 22 came after their LHP put his hand on the ground and then collapsed. But no intervention by the Ref or Touchie.

Game fairly even so far, as expected. Attack a little better than defense generally. Think the Vikings' subs will swing the game their way at the end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Dare you to try and take this from me.
CSlwwM9UYAABLXH.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Have they moved the TV cameras to the "other" side of Ballymore to get better crowd shots?

The ground markings are almost invisible, and the grass looks very "flouro".

CSn_optVAAAGtFw.jpg

No change to the score: 64 minutes gone. Last points were 32 minutes ago.

Brisbane City 13 (C. Neville (5), N. Frisby (32) tries; J McIntyre (5) con) lead
UC Vikings 10 (F. Fainifo (2), I Thompson (13) Tries)

Yellow Card: R. Abel (Vikings (38))

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Alex Gibbon dots down under the sticks. Converted.

That's probably the ball game.
After 74 minutes:
Brisbane City 21 (C. Neville (5), N. Frisby (32), A. Gibbon (72) tries; J McIntyre (5), (73) cons) lead
UC Vikings 10 (F. Fainifo (2), I Thompson (13) Tries)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
That's the ball game.
As the Fat Shiela sings, the final score is:

Brisbane City 21 (C. Neville (5), N. Frisby (32), A. Gibbon (72) tries; J McIntyre (5), (73) cons) defeated UC Vikings 10 (F. Fainifo (2), I Thompson (13) Tries)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
City the better side on the day. Thought the Vikings' lineout was very poor and Christian's line kicking cost a lot of metres. Most penalties should have gone at least 10m more, maybe more. McIntyre's kicking a lot better today, in general play as well as for goal.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Good win Brisbane. Both sides made some errors - but Brisbane City won a few of the key moments. I thought Frisby was very good.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
There were plenty of points left on the park, but nice to see a lower scoring tight NRC game. That game was more like a Super Rugby game than an NRC game in a lot of ways.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
City the better side on the day. Thought the Vikings' lineout was very poor and Christian's line kicking cost a lot of metres. Most penalties should have gone at least 10m more, maybe more. McIntyre's kicking a lot better today, in general play as well as for goal.

Yes, we were sitting on the hill so behind the Vikings in the 1st half and they had 2 penalties in a row that CLL kicked for touch from around his 22 and we were amazed at how little ground he made on both - for someone of his experience and skills it was quite surprising - didn't give his team any advantage at all. His general play was certainly good but the kicking less so. McIntyre continues to look good, which hopefully bodes well for the Reds next year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Brisbane played pretty poorly and can't believe Canberra didn't get over us. Our handling in the backs was poor and we left many tries out there.

Still. A wins a win. Except when it is a grand final win so congrats to all of the Brisbane City team.

Though Pickle got MOM I thought it should have gone to Andrew Reddy who was excellent.

T

TOCC

Brisbane have completed the perfect season; 10 wins and 0 losses. They still have their doubters, but any team going a whole season undefeated are worthy champions. Well done Brisbane City.

14 wins in a row is a new record at the semi-professional/professional level of rugby union in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought Brisbane played pretty poorly and can't believe Canberra didn't get over us. Our handling in the backs was poor and we left many tries out there.

Still. A wins a win. Except when it is a grand final win so congrats to all of the Brisbane City team.

Though Pickle got MOM I thought it should have gone to Andrew Reddy who was excellent.

I was impressed by our Number 1 - really hard to stop with ball in hand. Agree there were a lot of loose passes by Brisbane. Neville was really good, but Frisby does a sweeper role really well, cleaning up and pouncing on mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.