• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017 Melbourne Rising v Fiji Drua Saturday @ 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Drua turned it on in the 2ND half. As much as I hate the axing of the Force if the savings they have suggested are legitimate then the ARU would be mad if they don't redirect some of that to promoting this and getting the streamed games on FTA.

Super entertaining.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fiji starting to turn it on, 40-19, i thought their fitness may have been an issue, but in the last two weeks they've come home stronger then their Aussie opposition

Their squad has been prepping for this for a couple of months. They've come to compete. Which is awesome.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Good show from the Drua, very much hitting their stride at this stage of the comp.

I'd complain about the handling and defensive errors, but given it "looks like" maybe 6, at best, of today's side will be in the Rebels best 23 next season, I'm pretty happy with that performance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's a fucking great development program you have down there HL.;)

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
That's a fucking great development program you have down there HL.;)
As the broadcast said: average age of that backline was 20, and that forward pack pretty young too.

More along the lines of:

2. Jordan Uelese
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Jeffries
5. Geoff Parling
6. Lopeti Timani
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Will Genia
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Dave Horwitz
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Reece Hodge

Plus Laurie Weeks, Tyrell Lomax, Rob Leota and Alex Toolis all to come back in before we even consider potential signings such as Sammy Talakai and Force players who have been mentioned elsewhere.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
As the broadcast said: average age of that backline was 20, and that forward pack pretty young too.

More along the lines of:

2. Jordan Uelese
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Jeffries
5. Geoff Parling
6. Lopeti Timani
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Will Genia
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Dave Horwitz
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Reece Hodge

Plus Laurie Weeks, Tyrell Lomax, Rob Leota and Alex Toolis all to come back in before we even consider potential signings such as Sammy Talakai and Force players who have been mentioned elsewhere.

Lomax has signed with the Highlanders.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
For 2019/2020. Still technically signed with us for 2018, although he may see an early release depending on who else we pick up methinks.

Didn't realise that. To be honest, I'd release him early. No point keeping a squad place open for someone who is off at the end of the season.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Didn't realise that. To be fair, I'd release him early. No point keeping a squad place open for someone who is off at the end of the season.

I read somewhere he's asked for one. Think the ARU have to clear it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

For 2019/2020. Still technically signed with us for 2018, although he may see an early release depending on who else we pick up methinks.

heard he asked for an early release.. if its true he has declined a wallaby jersey, then let him go, don't bother wasting any more resources on a bloke that won't return on the investment. There are 6 props in Perth without a team for 2018, give one of them a contract.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
heard he asked for an early release.. if its true he has declined a wallaby jersey, then let him go, don't bother wasting any more resources on a bloke that won't return on the investment. There are 6 props in Perth without a team for 2018, give one of them a contract.

We did, and we'd like more. I'd be happy with Vui.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)

I think that's exactly what we and/or the ARU are waiting for.

If the Force announce there's no more appealing, negotiations as to accomplishing that begin in earnest and when the Rebels have 6 or 7 other props on the books, then he can be released.

T

TOCC

regardless of what happens in Perth... if he doesn't want to wear the Wallabies jersey and has already signed to go overseas, let him go.. besides foreign marquee players(which he isn't one) or development players, every player signed to Australian rugby should be wallaby eligible, especially in the THP position. Im sure it's actually a clause within the contracts anyway.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Highlights for us poor people who did not see the game, if ARU doesn't do anything soon, NRL will definitely pick Nacebe, he plays a bit like Radradra.

D

daz

Good show from the Drua, very much hitting their stride at this stage of the comp.

I'd complain about the handling and defensive errors, but given it "looks like" maybe 6, at best, of today's side will be in the Rebels best 23 next season, I'm pretty happy with that performance.

Lots of young 'uns in the Rising team. The Fijians were excellent in capitalising on Rising errors, but both teams really had a crack. Physicality was sensational.

Quins is ordinary, agreed, but gee there was a good crowd. Bigger than I have seen for any Rising game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lots of young 'uns in the Rising team. The Fijians were excellent in capitalising on Rising errors, but both teams really had a crack. Physicality was sensational.

Quins is ordinary, agreed, but gee there was a good crowd. Bigger than I have seen for any Rising game.
Just finished watching the game as recorded it as was out. Gees that was one entertaining game. Rising played some really good and entertaining football at times. Whilst some of the offloads and running rugby from drua was sublime and entertaining rugby. Wow has the decision to put Fiji in the nrc been a good one as I am sure they will continue to bring the crowds with this sort of entertaining rugby.

Reactions: daz

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Highlights for us poor people who did not see the game, if ARU doesn't do anything soon, NRL will definitely pick Nacebe, he plays a bit like Radradra.

Yeh he has got to be a better choice at 10 than bachop!!!!!

Reactions: daz
Status
Not open for further replies.