• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017 Brisbane City Fiji Drua Saturday @ 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fiji forwards looking a little puffed, might struggle in the 2nd half
Yes all locals so fitness may well be an issue. Would rather not see a blowout as longer term got to be good having Fijians in nrc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Maranta looks like he's been enjoying some off season burgers.

Can anyone anywhere explain why he has a Super rugby contract?

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
20mins in the 2nd half, no score, Fiji (any team) is a 62 minute team, expect fireworks from brisbane soon

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tui is a monster!!!!

Maranta's positioning has been pretty good, but there's not a lot of trust from his team mates. He seems to be shadowed by Hewat a lot (which seems odd) and he's seeking instructions during most breaks.

He's actually run some nice lines quite a bit, but the ball just didn't go to him.

T

TOCC

Well playing time/ball in play time is still significantly more the Super Rugby

T

TOCC

Fiji proving they're no slouches, and have brought the attacking flair that you would expect of a Fijian team, good addition to the NRC

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fiji proving they're no slouches, and have brought the attacking flair that you would expect of a Fijian team, good addition to the NRC
So who from Fiji could be possible worthy of Super Rugby contract. No 7 for Fiji been busy...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Watching Drua to work out who to poach is a little sad.

Comfortable win to City in the end, but Drua played to the end and scored some nice late tries after it looked like they'd fade. Replacements made a difference.

Douglas, Tui were handy, and Cooper, Fidow were good in the backs. Kerevi was OK but struggled to have more of an impact I thought, looks not completely fit and confident.

Some of those finishes from Fidow were great. Very impressive.

Maranta wasn't bad as well, made a couple of breaks but struggled to link up. I thought he actually has some potential. City's back three looks nice for this level.

Not sold on City's backrow, though. Korczyk being in the Wallaby squad is just plain wrong.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I was a bit disappointed with City not really putting the Drua away, I feel like they should have won by 30+. Especially in the Druas' first game. The Fijian tries were mostly against the run of play for most of the match, and City should have converted a lot more chances (of which they had plenty). Then in the last 10-15 minutes it looked like City just gave up defensively. Not sure how it looked on TV but at the ground I could see those late Drua tries coming a mile away - missing tackles, poor spacing, big overlaps. Not sure if City were gassed or just mentally on the post-match beers already.

The Drua played well for their first game and I think they will beat a few teams this season. City will need to step up a few gears though if they are going to get into the finals.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
So who from Fiji could be possible worthy of Super Rugby contract. No 7 for Fiji been busy.

Really don't think this comment is fit for this space. We have a franchise of players awaiting a decision to be cut, a long line of youngsters coming through or going overseas for a lack of a chance here, we don't need to be poaching from anyone. This is why we as a country don't have an Australia Rugby Identity and Fiji & Samoa can't build a good national team.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really don't think this comment is fit for this space. We have a franchise of players awaiting a decision to be cut, a long line of youngsters coming through or going overseas for a lack of a chance here, we don't need to be poaching from anyone. This is why we as a country don't have an Australia Rugby Identity and Fiji & Samoa can't build a good national team.

Depends on your viewpoint...if we kept five teams and allowed recruitment of Fiji players who still can represent Fiji and not far away from home compared to playing in France and lost to national side - win win for all. Your comment is laden with assumptions and for me I would like 5 sides but that would require ability to recruit outside to be competitive. So no I have no problem with my comments as I understand thinking and assumptions behind my comment which you don't.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
the Fijian fullback in this game who is more of a playmaker could be more useful to the rebels at 10 than Stephen Garden-Bachop next season. He actually scored one of the best local tries this year in Fiji's version of NRC, The Skipper Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.