• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2016 SF1: Eagles v Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
well my observation of the Rising in the albeit, limited amount of what i saw on TV and streaming, was the Super players who should have dominated didn't, the same errors that we saw in Sup18 this year are still prevalent but under less pressure. the Rebels have a very tough draw, and i don't think the second tier Rebels players (Jeffries and Fox aside) have improved all that much. personally i hope i am wrong.

I don't disagree with a number of contracted players not stepping up as much as you'd like, but the reality is you probably only need 1 or 2 to step up and like you said Jeffries was excellent. I also think Fainga'a, English and Reid looked like players playing down a grade.
Things could be worse, add Koribete and probably 1 or 2 more signings to the above post and we're looking fine.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
as i said, i hope my pessimism is misplaced. you are right about players going down a grade, that often happens as the more talented, better players think and and act quicker than those around them, see spaces and opportunities that others don't and so try things that in a better all around side come off but at the lower level don't because the "lesser" players cant react fast enough. hence a lot of unforced errors.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
"At least JD has been playing well from a Rebels perspective,"

Did you watch the same game that I watched??

Status
Not open for further replies.