• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2016 SF1: Eagles v Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Played at Newcastle on Saturday from 3pm

NSW Country Eagles

Starting 1-15: Paddy Ryan (c), Tolu Latu, Tom Robertson, Rohan O’Reegan, Tim Buchanan, Sam Figg, Rowan Perry, Sam Ward, Jake Gordon, Andrew Deegan, Alex Newsome, Kyle Godwin, David Horwitz, Reece Robinson, Andrew Kellaway.
Reserves: Folau Fainga’a, Jed Gillespie, Sam Needs, Ryan McCauley, Tom Cusack, Mark Baldwin, Tayler Adams, Angus Roberts.
Melbourne Rising

Starting 1-15: Toby Smith, Pat Leafa, Tyrel Lomax, Sam Jeffries, Alex Toolis, Ikapote Tupai, Jordy Reid, Colby Fainga’a, Mick Snowden, Jack Debreczeni, Jonah Placid, Sione Tuipulotu, Tom English (c), Sefa Naivalu, Dom Shipperley.
Reserves: James Hanson, Tom Moloney, Tim Metcher, Rob Valetini, Jordan Uelese, Keisuke Yamada, Taiso Silafai-Leaana, Ah-mu Tuimalealiifano.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jordan Uelese named as reserve backrow, Veletini named as reserve lock.

Good XV, pray for no injuries because whilst those young men are very talented those are simply not their positions.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
So, Naivalu and Hanson back from Wallaby duties, but no Phipps. I thought he was released to the Eagles?

Actually, glad to see Gordon retained at No 9.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The modern hooker needs to be able to play back row.

The modern hooker needs to have traits of a back rower but doesn't need to be a back rower of NRC standard, nor do they have a great understanding of the running lines and the like of a back rower.

Plus, did anyone see the Rebels 20s scrum with Billy V at lock? T'was ugly.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
The modern hooker needs to have traits of a back rower but doesn't need to be a back rower of NRC standard, nor do they have a great understanding of the running lines and the like of a back rower.

Mostly joking.

Little bit serious. Quite a few are switching from back row to hooker, both at Juniors and Seniors.

Stuart McInally and Fraser Brown are best 23 hookers at Edinburgh & Glasgow respectively, but also play Blindside and Openside, once again respectively, as part of Squad rotation, and not just against the easybeats.

Fortune cookie says next revolution IMO, and will eventually result in expanded benches with limited substitutions.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW Country Eagles vs Melbourne Rising at Newcastle, Sports Ground No. 2
Referee: Graham Cooper
Assistant referees: Edward Martin, Andrew Cox
Television match official: Ian Smith

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Jordan Uelese also played 6/7 through out his high school days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Disappointed that this game isnt being streamed on the 'NRC on Demand' thing like the regular season. I'm away from my foxtel box and cant watch.

T

Train Without a Station

On the bright side you don't have to see Tolu Latu's blatant, cynical ruck infringements and the ref do zero about it.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Couple ref mistakes have gotten the Eagles back in and tied up the game against the run of play.

Rising need to monopolise on the territory, they Eagles are showing that they don't need many opportunities to score.

And as I say that, Robinson goes in for a double on the back of their own hard work for the first time out of 3.

T

TOCC

Disappointed that this game isnt being streamed on the 'NRC on Demand' thing like the regular season. I'm away from my foxtel box and cant watch.

If you have a Foxtel subscription then you can watch online via the FoxtelGo app

T

TOCC

Shame to see Dom Shipperly leave the field with a knee injury, hope it's nothing serious

T

Train Without a Station

Highlander also the ref somehow missing Tolu lazily impede the halfback as he goes to pass, before then passing an intercept that resulted in a try kinda let Country back in too.

T

TOCC

Agree and disagree..

Ideally a hooker would have the mobility of a back tower, but that's rare given differning physical requirements between the positions.. however there is no reason that a hooker can't have the same understanding and knowledge of running lines as a back rower

Status
Not open for further replies.