• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand v Wales, 3rd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
Three big Cheers for Wales, came and played, threw it around pushed us close in the first halves
and kept trying till the end, its been three very good games of rugby

G

galumay

If Carisbrook was the House of Pain, is F-BS the Dome of Doom?

Although I love the suggested name, "House of Pane", its no where near the intimidating venue that Carisbrook was, with the wild Dunedin weather taken out of the equation!

Its a superb venue now, very comfortable and great vision of the game, have you been to any games there WOB?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The first two were definitely good games. But only one team played well today. A lot of the Welsh boys were already on the beech today.

Hopefully they look at how NZ attack space rather than looking for contact.

G

galumay

Rather than comment about all the players who have had blinders for the AB's tonite, let me just say Cane was shit tonite!

Wales soldiered on, missing quite a few key players from the start and more by the end of the tour, they never stopped trying and showed some glimpses that will please the Welsh fans.

A good tour and a perfect warm up and preperation for the AB's to build into the Bledisloe and the RC.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
9 a smith, 10 sopanga, 11 ben smith, 12 fekitoa, 13 moala, 14 dagg, 15 barret, our best backline of the three games

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Its a superb venue now, very comfortable and great vision of the game, have you been to any games there WOB?

No, but it's very much on the "to do" list when Mrs WOB & I return to live in NZ.

Rather than comment about all the players who have had blinders for the AB's tonite, let me just say Cane was shit tonite!

Clearly got himself offside, literally & figuratively, with M. Garces. I reckon he'll get the start in Bled 1 but, yeah, really needs to ask GOAT for a lend of the fabled Cloak of Invisibility or make way for Ardie.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
9 a smith, 10 sopanga, 11 ben smith, 12 fekitoa, 13 moala, 14 dagg, 15 barret, our best backline of the three games

Haha, Sopoaga played what 15-20 minutes and he was the best 1st 5??

And how is Fekitoa the best 12 when he didn't even play there?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, backs are going to be a real problem to select, apart from halfback:
9 - Smith, Kerr-Barlow
10 - Barrett, Sopoaga, Cruden (just don't think he is the answer)
11- Savea (I think he will come right) but Naholo can cover.
12 - Crotty (I know he is supposed to be keeping SBWs seat warm but solid defence and a cool head ), Ngatai maybe later this year. Fekitoa showed with the Highlanders he can cover this.
13 - Fekitoa must making a voodoo doll of Moala after his debut
14 - sad to say but Dagg might have pushed Smith out of fullback.
15 - Dagg

Naholo showing some versatility at 13. Skudder still to return. Savea might return to form. He did have some good runs.
I thought Squire had some great runs. Dixon did his work nicely. I think Cane is adequate rather than good. Plenty of depth at lock and front row.

Looking forward to seeing them in action against Aus. Got my tickets for the springboks game in CHCH.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Weird one there, last 2 tests Wales petered out from 50 min mark, this time NZ did. Mustve been the subs. That last 30 whole minutes was a bit of a bonkers dawdle

Cane great positional play, at the forefront of everything, which lead to him looking a bit clumsy.

Barrett really nailed it. If he's gonna offer that threat from 10, could be real dilemna bewteen him and Cruden now

Dagg MOTM for me. It's 2010 again. Ian Smith sideline probably had to change his strides 8 times due to all the gushing spunk he was emitting dickwise.

GGGEEEROOORGE MOOOAAAALLLLA oh baby, his 3 runs had me barking at the moon here, I even popped in next door to remind the neighbours he can bench 180 kgs. They just looked at me for a second and slowly closed the door.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
GGGEEEROOORGE MOOOAAAALLLLA oh baby, his 3 runs had me barking at the moon here, I even popped in next door to remind the neighbours he can bench 180 kgs. They just looked at me for a second and slowly closed the door.

Pity he is likely out for the rest of super rugby. That might hurt his chances for a starting berth.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Dagg MOTM for me. It's 2010 again. Ian Smith sideline probably had to change his strides 8 times due to all the gushing spunk he was emitting dickwise.

You on the other hand are the very epitome of impartiality.......

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I not sure how game looked on TV, but anyone who thinks Sam Cane was rubbish certainly appear to not know what makes an international 7, I thought at all 3 tests his work was great. I don't know if you noticed the absolute hammering he was getting from Warburton and Co at or around most breakdowns, it was good old fashioned hold him hit him loose forward play, it is no secret as to why he is looking as scarred as Richie.
One All Black that hasn't impressed me is Naholo , who in 3 tests hasn't made a pass that I can recall, has lost the ball generally.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
Haha, Sopoaga played what 15-20 minutes and he was the best 1st 5??

And how is Fekitoa the best 12 when he didn't even play there?
dont like crotty and fekitoas played at 12 before,
as barrets at 15 means someones got to play 10 and i like sopoanga over cruden.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I was at the game and was sucked into the whole "Cane is shit" vibe. But it is mainly because Cane is not Richie that everyone is into him. Watching the replay today, I thought he did a lot of work.
If Naholo can improve his ball retention, he will be a menace, but agreed, he does seem to turn it over a lot. When SBW and Skudder return, he or Savea or both may well be gone.

With Dagg on fire, and Smith a danger where ever he plays, those two are almost certainly safe.

Moala may have given Fekitoa a bit of a fright.

Crotty got hit hard about 15 minutes in and spent a while getting treatment. I thought he had done his hip, and it may have kept him quiet. I have been quite impressed by his play and his organisation.

Although trying to predict Shag's teams is a little pointless, we could yet see:
9 Smith
10 Barrett/Cruden
12 Crotty
13 SBW
11 Naholo/Savea
14 Smith
15 Dagg

with Fekitoa, Moala, Cruden, eventually Skudder,
Now that would be a backline worth watching. Imagine SBW popping the ball to Smith or Dagg or Naholo.
No matter what the combo, the succession planning to give us this group of players, post RWC, has been pretty awesome.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Pity he is likely out for the rest of super rugby. That might hurt his chances for a starting berth.
No matter.

Moala is an All Black now.

So, like Carter and Mccaw, he can simply use Super Rugby as his paid recuperation time until it is time for his next test match for the New Zealand Rugby Football All Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.