• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand v Wales, 3rd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
AB selector Grant Fox has told NZ's RadioSport that there will be tweaks but no wholesale changes for Dunners.

Clearly Cruden won't play so do they start Barrett & bring McKenzie into the 23, or start Sopoaga & keep Barrett as their super-sub? I doubt Fekitoa will be risked but has Tamanivalu done enough to earn a start? Looked the business at Auckland but had a severe case of second test syndrome in Welly.

Savea has had huge impact from the bench but does Cane deserve another start? Plenty are arguing that Savea is able to do what he does partly because Cane has laid the platform. Similarly the finishing props have often looked better, esp around the park, than the starters but how much of that is due to the starters taking the sting out of the Welsh fatties?

And what of the match officials:

Ref: Garces
AR's: Lees & Peyper
TMO: Ayoub

Look like the four horsemen of the random decision to me.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
From an outsider's view, I think BB added a lot of spark to the AB's attack in the second test, and probably is on the cusp of starting regardless of Cruden's fitness. BB is just about the best all round player in NZ, and the world, atm imo.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I doubt Fekitoa will be risked but has Tamanivalu done enough to earn a start? Looked the business at Auckland but had a severe case of second test syndrome in Welly.
After the way Nonu kicked arse after such a dodgy start theyll be reticent to hiff anyone too early but man, these new guys just look like caretakers til SBW gets back, and ihomo, paired with Ngatai, who's looking better every game he doesnt play.

I see Hansen mentioned looking at "other guys from the 7"s" too, you know what that means, THE IOANE BROTHERS.

THE IOANE BROTHERS DEPART EDEN PARK BOUND FOR RIO OLYMPICS....

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

...... AND SOMEHOW ARRIVE IN RIO LIKE THIS:

mccawship_zpsd4frp0wq.gif

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Be surprised if Cane doesn't start, he has been huge in first 2 tests, he looks bloody good live at the park, I not sure I would want Arrive getting smacked around like he does just yet. Think BB will start, as AC will be rested, would go with Dollars on bench

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Given the earlier comments about McKenzie having some work ons, I would be very surprised if he is elevated ahead of Sopoaga if one of Cruden or Barrett are unavailable.

In fact I'm thinking it could be a 6-2 bench split.

I think Dixon will be in the squad somewhere.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
AB selector Grant Fox has told NZ's RadioSport that there will be tweaks but no wholesale changes for Dunners.

Clearly Cruden won't play so do they start Barrett & bring McKenzie into the 23, or start Sopoaga & keep Barrett as their super-sub? I doubt Fekitoa will be risked but has Tamanivalu done enough to earn a start? Looked the business at Auckland but had a severe case of second test syndrome in Welly.

Savea has had huge impact from the bench but does Cane deserve another start? Plenty are arguing that Savea is able to do what he does partly because Cane has laid the platform. Similarly the finishing props have often looked better, esp around the park, than the starters but how much of that is due to the starters taking the sting out of the Welsh fatties?

And what of the match officials:

Ref: Garces
AR's: Lees & Peyper
TMO: Ayoub

Look like the four horsemen of the random decision to me.

Optimism gnome wants to know how's Barrett's goal kicking recently?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Assuming Sopoaga was picked at 10 for his better kicking success rate (though he is also a bloody good No 10 at most other things as well), would it be workable to have BB at 12? I really don't think Crotty has offered much so far, and Barrett is just too good to leave out imo.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
All the talk of tweaks but no wholesale changes appears to have been smoke and mirrors.
Moala, Dixon, Whitelock, Taylor, Tu'ungafasi, Kerr Barlow, Sopoaga, Savea all in for saturday.

ALL BLACKS: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, George Moala, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (captain), Sam Cane, Elliot Dixon, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Charlie Faumuina, Dane Coles, Joe Moody. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Luke Romano, Liam Squire, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Lima Sopoaga, Waisake Naholo.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...s-as-all-blacks-seeks-series-sweep-over-wales

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales: Rhys Patchell, Liam Williams, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb, Taulupe Faletau, Sam Warburton (captain), Ross Moriarty, Alun Wyn Jones, Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis, Ken Owens, Rob Evans. Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Ellis Jenkins, Gareth Davies, Rhys Priestland, Scott Williams

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ntrow-changes-to-wales-team-for-final-nz-test

both teams pretty much as per first two games injuries aside. Cant wait.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Interesting selections, real pleased for Dixon, he obviously also covering 7. Not to bad an idea to give Addie the game off, he going well, but got plenty of time. Squire will get a reasonable amount of time I think, as these Welsh looked certainly are not scared of getting stuck in!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

G

galumay

Should be another comfortable training run for the AB's. Wales further weakened by injuries and have already shown they cant compete at this level for much more than about 50 minutes.

Looks to me like the gap has widened between number 1 and the rest of the pack, England at number 2 have been flattered by a very passive Wobblies side, who look to have slipped since the RWC, the boks appear to be in total disarray. Maybe it is the Pumas who will test the AB's this year?

Anyway looking for an entertaining and flowing game from the AB's tonite, the rustiness should be gone and they should be on song!

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Ayoub is on the wind up. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the panache of our Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.