• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
What's eating Ardie here?
Screenshot-20240623-021109-Instagram.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ardie's having a sausage in a bit bread following having a run for Oriental-Rongatai , his life long club. That was his match payment. ;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Doesn't look like a sausage in that bread. If I had to guess I'd say a halved burger pattie. And with mustard! Flash kai out Oriental Bay/ Rongotai ways.

Edit: or he's gone double sausage.

Last edited:

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is the rumoured squad

Find out tomorrow if it's true

If it's true it's such a pussy selection - basically refused to make one tough decision.

de Groot
Williams
Tu'ungafasi
Lomax
Newell
Bower
Taylor
Aumua
Samisoni / Bell (fitness depending)
Barrett S Co Captain
Tuipulotu
Vaa'i
Papalii
Savea Co Captain
Blackadder
Sititi
Finau
Cane

Christie
Perenara
Ratima
McKenzie
Plummer
Barrett J
Havili
Ioane
Lienert-Brown
Tele'a
Clarke
Reece
Narawa
Barrett B

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

If it's true it's such a pussy selection - basically refused to make one tough decision.

de Groot
Williams
Tu'ungafasi
Lomax
Newell
Bower
Taylor
Aumua
Barrett S Co Captain
Tuipulotu
Vaa'i
Papalii
Savea Co Captain
Blackadder
Sititi
Finau
Cane

Christie
Perenara
Ratima
McKenzie
Plummer
Barrett J
Havili
Ioane
Lienert-Brown
Tele'a
Clarke
Reece
Narawa
Barrett B
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That would be Fozzie's team.

What happened to this bold new young innovative coach we were supposed be getting?

Sititi
Finau
Cane
Fuck me why dont you just pick the entire loser Chiefs team and be done with it

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
TBH I can see why they wouldnt go with Sotutu. If you injected Razor with some truth serum he might say "yeah your big tuff Blues loosies went into their shells vs my Cantabs last season, I crossed Sotutu off then. Then I crossed him off again when they shit the bed a few weeks ago in losing to the phantom limbs of my Cantabs empire."

I dunno, you have to find a place for a talent like that. For his lineout skills alone he should be selected. Far more handy there than Work Experience Boy Vaai. FFS he's probably taller too, biff him in at lock and see if he can push in a scrum. Revolutionise the game.

4 Scrote
5 Hoskins
6 Akira
7 Dalton
8 Ardie

Lock issues solved, it's official, I'm a genius, NZRFU that'll be 50k in consultancy fees. PAY NOW.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I hope Hoskins scores the last minute winning try for England in the World Cup Final versus NZ and then turns around and gives the King Carlos salute to an ashen-faced Razor up in the coaches box.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)

de Groot
Williams
Tu'ungafasi
Lomax
Newell
Bower
Taylor
Aumua
Barrett S Co Captain
Tuipulotu
Vaa'i
Papalii
Savea Co Captain
Blackadder
Sititi
Finau
Cane

Christie
Perenara
Ratima
McKenzie
Plummer
Barrett J
Havili
Ioane
Lienert-Brown
Tele'a
Clarke
Reece
Narawa
Barrett B
where has this come from?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would be a little doubtful if the rumoured team is spot on. I can't see Cane making it even if they wanted him because isn't he out until August, when the next squad is named anyway? And I think the Breakdown said one sensible thing last night when the reminded us what Leon MacDonald said last week. The coaches apparently before xmas had a series of mettings and worked out how they wanted team to play . I doubt whether they will want the Blues style of play as our forwards aren't big enough to do that in test rugby? Well I doubt it, and that may just count against Plummer at 10, (why I don't think he will make it) though to be fair it will only really mean BB as 2nd 10? Maybe Perofeta, but I think it hurts him that he hasn't had a lot of time there this season.
Other thing I know for all the rumours (and I heard Bell in also) and all my thought's and everyone else's, we will know in about 10 hours.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Doesn't look like a sausage in that bread. If I had to guess I'd say a halved burger pattie. And with mustard! Flash kai out Oriental Bay/ Rongotai ways.

Edit: or he's gone double sausage.
Yep actually double sauasge might be the one WOB, usual club players would get one, but he's World player of the year, so may get a bonus?
Hell I not sure they would go to as flash as a pattie even for Ardie! He is after all just a local lad.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Liam Napier has this in the Hurld, which is closer to what I'd expect.

Predicted All Blacks squad:​

Props: Tyrel Lomax, Ethan de Groot, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Fletcher Newell, Tamaiti Williams, George Bower

Hookers: Codie Taylor, Asafo Aumua, Ricky Riccitelli (uncapped)

Locks: Scott Barrett, Tupou Vaa’i, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sam Darry (uncapped)

Loose forwards: Ardie Savea, Dalton Papali’i, Hoskins Sotutu, Luke Jacobson, Ethan Blackadder/Samipeni Finau

Halfback: T.J. Perenara, Cortez Ratima (uncapped), Finlay Christie

First five-eighths: Damian McKenzie, Beauden Barrett

Midfielders: Jordie Barrett, Anton Lienert-Brown, Rieko Ioane, Billy Proctor (uncapped)

Outside backs: Ruben Love (uncapped), Caleb Clarke, Emoni Narawa, Sevu Reece, Mark Tele’a

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Gonna throw out some last minute hot takes.

Blackadder does a lot but not always that effectively. Case in point, that stat from 2022, or whenever it was, when he was amongst the most tackles attempted (or maybe even completed) but near the bottom for dominant tackles. There's also the fact he's 29 and made of brittle glass.

Finau went missing twice against the Blues when the big boys came to play test rugby. Suppose he might get a reprieve on account of it was he and his entire pack getting flattened. Still. Not so easy to bully the opposition first-five when you're getting bullied/molested yourself. And that attempted bullying play comes at an elevated risk of cards.

Barrett isn't a 10.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Asafo Aumua
Beauden Barrett
Jordie Barrett
Scott Barrett
George Bell
Ethan Blackadder
Finlay Christie
Caleb Clarke
Ethan de Groot