• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

LOTE Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Scarfman said:
Hmmmmm.

So, if this is true, then no-one here seems to have guessed right.

And just as well that people didn't make unfounded accusations. My informant who works at FoxSports said it was in relation to a 16 year old girl, but I was reluctant to give details and am glad that I didn't.

R

rugbywhisperer

Scarfman said:
Hmmmmm.

I had the impression quite few intimted to that cause.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Why am I the last to know? Seems like some of you knew all along which particular female was the key to the mystery.

You know, blowing this case wide open would be terrific publicity for the site.

Thommo, we need to talk.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lee Grant said:
Scarfman said:
Hmmmmm.

And just as well that people didn't make unfounded accusations. My informant who works at FoxSports said it was in relation to a 16 year old girl, but I was reluctant to give details and am glad that I didn't.

I heard she was under 18, no specific age but also that she was part of a very very old profession and earnt her money from a Wallaby credit card.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Indeed OZGOD.

Liquor Box - I can't say I know much about this, but it's possible that there are two separate incidents. One in Melbourne and one in Canberra. Your tipoff might relate to Melbourne, or else, be entirely ficticious.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scarfman said:
Indeed OZGOD.

Liquor Box - I can't say I know much about this, but it's possible that there are two separate incidents. One in Melbourne and one in Canberra. Your tipoff might relate to Melbourne, or else, be entirely ficticious.

Possibly fake, but I do think it was referred to as happening in Melbourne

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
this is hillariass!!!!!!!!!!!!
first of all, the paper does a good job of saying things without saying it, but my understanding is, there is no sex involved at all. the only breach is bringing someone back to his room. Now the night out, same as Mortlocks trip to japan was fine as he had been informed he wasnt needed for the weekends game previous to the incident so him and his room where free from regulations, problem was, he was sharing with Brown who was required making the room regulation city and meaning he was fired. he could have had a orgy in his own room wihtout question, the girl is known as her family are high up and well known canberra identities.

if you dont buy this, then simply ask, why was he offered a new contract at a cheaper rate first, then when he refused, he was sacked altogether?

R

rugbywhisperer

As someone said - I think there were actually 2 separate incidents and the second one broke the camels back as it were.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Lindommer said:
fatprop said:
Lote Tuqiri banned from returning to NRL unless he comes clean
By Paul Kent
August 26, 2009
The NRL...

And therein lies the crux of this statement from another of Channel Nine's/The Daily Telegraph's mungo apologists. Kent's not quite as rank as Danny Weidler but we should keep in mind their target audience. They rarely miss a chance to put the boot into rugby.

It looks to me like the NRL want the ARU to air its dirty laundry. They don't care about LT's offence, they just want the ARU to look bad. They really are a lot of dribblers, aren't they?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That's putting it mildly.

It's one of the negatives about living in this part of the world, the rubbish that's spewed out about rugby league. The hero-worship of people I wouldn't give the time of day to is quite sickening. My in-laws are dyed-in-the-wool league fans (converted my spare rib to rugby shortly after we met!) and to see the drivel the press publish and the crap broadcast by Channel Nine, especially on The Footy Show, is sickening.

It's one thing AFL do much better: as their code isn't quarantined among the great unwashed there's a level of wit in their commentary which I find amusing together with some intelligent discussion. And a relative lack of boofheads.

R

rugbywhisperer

Lindommer said:
That's putting it mildly.
It's one of the negatives about living in this part of the world, the rubbish that's spewed out about rugby league. The hero-worship of people I wouldn't give the time of day to is quite sickening. My in-laws are dyed-in-the-wool league fans (converted my spare rib to rugby shortly after we met!) and to see the drivel the press publish and the crap broadcast by Channel Nine, especially on The Footy Show, is sickening.
It's one thing AFL do much better: as their code isn't quarantined among the great unwashed there's a level of wit in their commentary which I find amusing together with some intelligent discussion. And a relative lack of boofheads.

If it wasn't for those off putting things we would be in a right royal mess. We have to have somewhere to put those that don't suit our cause - imagine having them all in the rugby camp - I shudder to think :fishing :fishing

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
NRL are so worried about AFL and Rugby it makes them all a joke.
Their a horrible part of Australian culture. They act as if they have this great and proud history. bunch of bullshit really. nothing worth worrying about.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
From AFP

French first division club Bayonne have pulled out of talks with dumped Wallabies winger Lote Tuqiri because of his "latest financial demands".

"Following the latest financial demands of Lote Tuqiri, Bayonne have decided to bring talks with the Australian player to an end," the Top 14 club said in a statement.

The 29-year-old Tuqiri was last month cut by the Australian Rugby Union halfway through a five-year contract reportedly worth $US588,000 ($A681,937) a year for undisclosed reasons.

The 67-Test veteran winger came to France at the end of August to discuss a possible contract with Bayonne and also the Paris-based Stade Francais.

Running out of options?

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Gagger said:
French first division club Bayonne have pulled out of talks with dumped Wallabies winger Lote Tuqiri because of his "latest financial demands".

"Following the latest financial demands of Lote Tuqiri, Bayonne have decided to bring talks with the Australian player to an end," the Top 14 club said in a statement.

Running out of options?

You would think that Lote would be offering himself at a reasonable deal.. but no.

If I was lote I'd have taken any half decent offer just to get on the park in a different country and get a year or two under the belt.. but no.

Pretty disappointed to see this kind of press after everything he says about trying to make the best of his future.
Can't imagine Stade Francais will take him since they sacked Link.

Can lote go on the dole?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
eddo said:
Gagger said:

Running out of options?

You would think that Lote would be offering himself at a reasonable deal.. but no.

Awww...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy !!

This is what is known as karma. Lote is an epic fuckwit, a shithouse rugby player, and a fluffybunny of a human being. I am shocked he's actually getting offers.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
naza said:
eddo said:
Gagger said:

Running out of options?

he is a marketers wet dream, decent rugby player, world class defender and a pretty alright guy actually, but hey, resent those that have hey?

Awww...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy !!

This is what is known as karma. Lote is an epic fuckwit, a shithouse rugby player, and a fluffybunny of a human being. I am shocked he's actually getting offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.