• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kagifa Samoa v Western Force - HBF Park, Perth - 7:45 PM (WST), Friday, 31 May 2019

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Fantastic attendance of over 12,000. Need to up the competitive quality of the opposition to take it to the next level. World Series cricket wasn't built in a day and GRR is a slow burn and more than a thorn in the side or RA and Super Rugby.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I watched the second half on the Viceland station on Fox.
I really enjoyed my first look at Global Rapid Rugby.
Full marks to the Force for staying the course of sacking, uncertainty and then innovation.
I'll be watching a lot more GRR in future.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Good crowd tonight and the atmosphere was great at the ground. The Force played some enterprising footy against an admittedly tiring opposition.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fitness of the Western Force was the telling difference btwn the teams.

One of the highlights for me was a fantastic try-saving tackle from FB Jack McGregor.

61342206_2292662457439157_5913306055395246080_n.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Best game I have seen the force play - Samoa were good early on but yes lost the breakdown and superior fitness of the force in the second half was telling.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not a bad crowd for late (7:40 PM start) on the Friday night of a long week-end in Perth.
Plenty of kids in attendance as no junior rugby next morning.

Sea of Blue was in fine form including the support for Samoa to get their try in the last play of the game.

61541913_2293565324015537_1693403711008669696_o.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fantastic attendance of over 12,000. Need to up the competitive quality of the opposition to take it to the next level. World Series cricket wasn't built in a day and GRR is a slow burn and more than a thorn in the side or RA and Super Rugby.
Maybe a few marquee players allocated to Samoa - I understand Israel Folau is available. Would it be great to see him play for Samoa (once he agrees to some social media clauses in a contract).

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Surely at this point RA is pro GRR - as castle been seen as a supporter and praised by Grr and twiggy
I would describe it as ''tolerance" rather than support. RA are happy to quarantine Rapid Rugby west of the rabbit-proof fence. Castle is friendly enough about it. But does she make any decisions (or is she even in a position to make any decision) to translate into actual support?

The litmus test for this is whether any Aus team (other than the Force) will be permitted to join.

For instance, are the powers-that-be in Australian rugby interested in Western Sydney getting a team - or do they actively oppose it? Time will tell, but a year has gone by and a second year is clocking up.

I suspect the answer from the cold dead hands of Sydney rugby is still 'No' … no way, ge'f'd, f-off.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I

For instance, are the powers-that-be in Australian rugby interested in Western Sydney getting a team - or do they actively oppose it?' … no way, ge'f'd, f-off.
My hazy reccolection is that earlier this year NSW and RA stopped GRR from building a Western Sydney team .