• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kagifa Samoa v Western Force - HBF Park, Perth - 7:45 PM (WST), Friday, 31 May 2019

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Quarantine? You had two RA contracted players play in this game. The force are playing at Ballymore this weekend. Stop playing victim.
:) Fair enuff, I'm sure you'll be there!

Am I wrong though, about no Aus teams east of Perth?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I believe both NSW prospects to date have fallen on deaf ears at Rugby Australia and NSW Rugby in terms of approval for entering teams. If the reverse was the case and that turns around then, yes, it would be 'support'.

The Ballymore game is the weekend after next, Reg. June 15th for your diary.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You believe? What happened to the Hawaii team? Was that RA’s fault? Could it be the model just didn’t work?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
What happened to the Hawaii team? Was that RA’s fault? Could it be the model just didn’t work?
Despite the union jack in the top left corner of the Hawaiian flag, it's not yet a state of Australia. So no, not RA's fault. :)

Yes, it could be the model didn't work. Mind you, it may also still happen there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Despite the union jack in the top left corner of the Hawaiian flag, it's not yet a state of Australia. So no, not RA's fault. :)

Yes, it could be the model didn't work. Mind you, it may also still happen there.

then could it be possible that the modle in Western Sydney just didn't work?

Being in Brisbane, I haven't heard boo of a potential QLD based team over here either.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It's not my understanding. More the case of existing rugby not wanting a new presence there now, and that being reflected in the NSW (and, thence, RA) position. Should that be the case, then I can understand such motivation - even while slamming it.

Whether they've overseen a retraction of rugby teams based in Western Sydney is by the by. But if RA/NSW aren't approving a bid for RR, it seems a stretch to now claim they're supportive of it there. Well, not much in a material way.

Wait, … RA backed it to the hilt, but unfortunately the independent patrons were shy on the wherewithal. It just couldn't work! … seems to be what you're hinting at.

OK, my information is not first hand; I may have been told wrong (or the situation has since changed). Let's see.
Being in Brisbane, I haven't heard boo of a potential QLD based team over here either.
Could be there's no moves happening. Or no point airing any that might be.

To be fair and frank, not much new can be announced while RA are on the hop for what's happening at Sanzaar and WR (World Rugby) level.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's not my understanding. More the case of existing rugby not wanting a new presence there now, and that being reflected in the NSW (and, thence, RA) position. Should that be the case, then I can understand such motivation - even while slamming it.

Whether they've overseen a retraction of rugby teams based in Western Sydney is by the by. But if RA/NSW aren't approving a bid for RR, it seems a stretch to now claim they're supportive of it there. Well, not much in a material way.

Wait, … RA backed it to the hilt, but unfortunately the independent patrons were shy on the wherewithal. It just couldn't work! … seems to be what you're hinting at.

OK, my information is not first hand; I may have been told wrong (or the situation has since changed). Let's see.

Could be there's no moves happening. Or no point airing any that might be.

To be fair and frank, not much new can be announced while RA are on the hop for what's happening at Sanzaar and WR (World Rugby) level.
At this point I don't think one can say RA are not supportive without bit more evidence to say otherwise at this point. Certainly GRR say they are talking with RA and not suggesting at least in any public media or even on the rumour mill they are not supportive.

I think the evidence suggests RA is more supportive of GRR than perhaps you are inferring Kiap. Just imo and indeed happy to hear from those closer to the GRR inner sanctum to suggest otherwise is the case.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)

If Brisbane gets a team in global rapid rugby best believe I’m becoming a fan.

Still held on a holding pattern which qld based NRC team I wanna support. At the moment I’m a fan of both but because qld country ain’t really country and Brisbane city ain’t all city. There’s no fan allegiance to the players . They can’t even divide up the Brisbane club rugby football players for the 2 city and country franchises

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is where the debate is becoming incredibly toxic for the game across the country these days. RA don’t look after Rugby in NSW, the model doesn’t allow for it. If any team hasn’t gone ahead, it would be NSWRU causing the issue, that’s if they are even doing that. Rugby in this country is not a simple parent company ideal, where every decision is made at head office. It’s like the federal government telling the state government what to do. Its not a simple chain of command.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
At this point I don't think one can say RA are not supportive without bit more evidence to say otherwise at this point. Certainly GRR say they are talking with RA and not suggesting at least in any public media or even on the rumour mill they are not supportive.

I think the evidence suggests RA is more supportive of GRR than perhaps you are inferring Kiap. Just imo and indeed happy to hear from those closer to the GRR inner sanctum to suggest otherwise is the case.
I hope you're right there, RN. In light of the last sentence of my last post, it might be just a case of having to wait some seasons.

The supportive test will be whether there's any team presence ex-Perth. In terms of WSyd in Rapid rugby, the opposition is from rugby in Sydney, not direct from Raelene or RA, per se. While that option remains out, it's a case of elsewhere.

Hawaii was mentioned up the thread. The distance is a bit much of a stretch, IMO, but it's more of a chance than Western Sydney.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
My understanding was NSWRU were saying not ready for a team this year as too short a timeframe.

Yes the litmus test will be whether Western Sydney model if backer still wanting to go ahead - then has the support of NSWRU.

Again I am prepared to wait and see.