• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Italy v Australia, Sunday Nov 10 2013, Stadio Olimpico

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Okay, McKenzie has pulled a Deans to the nth degree. The good thing about Deans is that even when he picked players who you weren't expecting, we still won the game.

But this shit......... I do not understand. How the hell are Slipper, Alexander, Timani, Horwill and Genia still in the team? Does he need them to hand the ball to the opposition on the try line or is that just ignored because once upon a time they made a good pass or tackle?

Does this man understand the position he is in? Is he naive enough to think that the team is amazing and the referee is the reason his record is 25%?

I would prefer it if we gave the coaching job to a shoe at this stage. If we lose this weekend, the worst part won't be that we lost, it will be that I expected it and don't expect any changes.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Fardy has been exceptional.... possibly our best 6 since a 2008 Elsom...

Unless he has a serious drop in form, is injured, or moved to lock (a viable option).... the 6 jersey is his.....

But can't you see..... either Higgers or McMenniman when fully fit would probably put Fardy out of the pack.
What's this man love thing you have with Fardy?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Link thinks tight 5 doing an ok job. He does not think the same about George Clancy. http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wal...abies-scrum-woes/story-e6frf55l-1226755208414
Pointing out that the referee was wrong is not a good idea. It's even worse if you are right and the referee cops it because of you.

We should just shut up for a while. A century or so, should just about do it.

I am sure having 15 "captains" in gold squawking and telling the ref how to do his job constantly throughout the match is not helping things. Surely the referee is getting annoyed and even though they are professional, they will start to give the 50/50 to the opposition.

Just play the game FFS (that especially is directed at Benny A, who is probably the worst - either that or he is trying to learn how to fly).

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Alexander to be embarrassed by weaker Italian props. I'm sure this bloke got his scrummaging tips from Al Baxter

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Clancy was shit last weekend and deserves a shitcanning because of it. It's entirely the right thing to do or you'll just continue to get fucked over.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Have a bad feeling about this. Wallabies to win ugly and retain the same team for the last three games all of which we'll likely lose.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
"If you're seeing one thing where you get penalised, and then later the same thing happens to the other side and the penalty is still against you, you go 'What's going on here?'

He was right about this. First two penalties to England seemed fair, then on the third they do exactly what the wallabies were penalised for yet instead of being penalised they are rewarded.

The refereeing of the scrum is a joke.

And please don't try to say McKenzie doesn't know what he is talking about. He deserves more respect than he is getting on this site.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But can't you see... either Higgers or McMenniman when fully fit would probably put Fardy out of the pack.
What's this man love thing you have with Fardy?

Because Fardy's workrate and impact around the field is the most impressive we've seen from a Wallaby 6 in years....... He's just suited to test rugby.........

As I already said, Higgers had his best Super rugby season this year and it's a shame he got injured, but he has yet to bring that form to test rugby.........

He's not a guaranteed test starter, and he's clearly more suited to 8........

MMM's workrate was not up to scratch this year, and he only got a start when Palu was injured and Mowen was shifted to 8........

I'd have Fardy over Mowen too..........

But it might also be worth playing him at lock where he plays in Super Rugby and has the same high workrate, leaving more options in the backrow where we have more depth?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Clancy was shit last weekend and deserves a shitcanning because of it. It's entirely the right thing to do or you'll just continue to get fucked over.
He is only addressing the refs perception of the scrum.
It's just a coincidence that this weeks scrum is tipped to be the toughest the Wallabies will face on this tour.
Not.

Before Link starts shit canning the ref for piss poor performance.
He should start with his tight 5, have a blow then move to the 9.
Why should the ref be held responsible,if poorly performed players are not?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Okay, McKenzie has pulled a Deans to the nth degree. The good thing about Deans is that even when he picked players who you weren't expecting, we still won the game.

But this shit... I do not understand. How the hell are Slipper, Alexander, Timani, Horwill and Genia still in the team? Does he need them to hand the ball to the opposition on the try line or is that just ignored because once upon a time they made a good pass or tackle?

Does this man understand the position he is in? Is he naive enough to think that the team is amazing and the referee is the reason his record is 25%?

I would prefer it if we gave the coaching job to a shoe at this stage. If we lose this weekend, the worst part won't be that we lost, it will be that I expected it and don't expect any changes.

I can understand Genia, he's dropped him once already, you have to hope that a player of his caliber takes a shit week in his stride and steps up again. Everyone has their shockers, I'm backing him to be back to his best this weekend.

Horwill was improving, I can understand why you'd keep him and also it was Timanis first start in a while, hopefully he picks it up this week.

What really, really, really, really fucks me off is this front row bullshit. Im hoping, as I'm sure everyone else here is, that there is some mastermind plan behind flogging this dead horse of a selection, but it really isn't looking good. So much for "its a week to week contract" hey? What happened to "if its not working, we'll try something else?" And the solution is rob simmons at 6? The only change?

It's only 6 months in so I still have patience for him, but Link is certainly dipping his toes into the pile of shit that was Robbie Deans' selection abilities. It won't be long before he dives in head first.

Going to edit this. After calming down a bit:

I can see why he's kept the front row as well... If we are perfectly honest, and has been pointed out numerous times, they actually didn't do too badly against the poms. In fact,t here were a few scrums where we should have won the penalty and got dudded. I'm not saying it would have won us the game etc. etc. but I would say there was only one or two scrums towards the end where we really got messed up, the other times Clancy just fucked them over. Changing the front row isnt going to change the perception that results in us getting the blame for every scrum failure. Slipper and Alexander are improving in this area and if jackson has any ball this weekend, he will ref according to what he sees, not some preformed idea that if the scrum collapses, it must be australias fault.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Rob Simmons
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Dave Dennis
20. Liam Gill
21. Nic White
22. Christian Lealiifano
23. Joe Tomane

http://e1.365dm.com/13/07/660x350/Jake-White-Brumbies-boss-Super Rugby-2013_2974445.jpg?20130718090236

Status
Not open for further replies.