• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Soupnasty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Postseason NSW Schools Rankings

Many of the Forum Fanatics were quick to judge my Preseason Schools Rankings, and with only one ISA round remaining and the other competitions concluded, I believe it's time to finalise the Postseason Schools Rankings. Without further adieu, here are my rankings where teams have been ranked into tiers by my team and I.

This isn't the be-all and end-all of Rugby Rankings, just a thereabouts ranking - enjoy!

Tier 1: Shore and St. Augustine's

These two teams emerged as the winners of their competitions respectively, and both were exceptionally dominant throughout the trial period and regular season. Some may question why I've placed Shore ahead of St. Augustine's, given that Auggies defeated them.

However, it's important to note that Shore was leading 10-7 before a red card changed the game’s dynamic. According to reports, Shore then brought on their 2nd XV to avoid further suspensions, which led to their narrow 26-22 loss.

Further, Shore faced a tough start in the GPS, but ultimately claimed the premiership in what is widely considered the strongest competition in the country. Shore's more decisive wins over teams like Oakhill further cement their position as the top team.

While the undefeated* Auggies have been strong contenders, nearly winning the SAINX tournament (barring an unusual Joe Walsh miss), Shore's consistent performance against higher-calibre teams makes them the superior side overall.

Tier 2: St Joseph's, Oakhill, Scots, Kings, Newington, Riverview

It's no surprise that the rest of the GPS schools dominate this tier. Joey's had a strong start but faltered as the season progressed. Kings, Scots, Newington, and Riverview all had their ups and downs in what is regarded as the best and strongest competition in Australia.

Oakhill slots into this tier after a narrow loss to Auggies, where two late tries in the first half proved costly. However, their ability to keep Auggies scoreless in the second half and score two tries of their own was impressive. Oakhill also defeated Riverview and had convincing wins against the top three CAS schools.

What keeps them below Kings and Joeys is their tight win against Joeys' 2nd XV where they had multiple missed opportunities, and their 23-point loss to Shore in difficult conditions.

Tier 3: Barker, Knox, Waverley

The competition among the top CAS schools was fierce, and their rankings could be debated. Barker, in particular, could potentially be a Tier 2 team. They suffered narrow one-point losses to Riverview and Oakhill but still came up short.

These three teams would likely struggle against those in the higher tiers, as demonstrated through their matches against Oakhill and Auggies.

Tier 4: Cranbrook, Pius, Kinross, St Stanislaus'
Cranbrook tops this tier due to their potential when fully healthy, as supported by their strong win over Oakhill. If fully healthy all season, Cranbrook most definitely would have been a problem in the CAS, with the potential to move up to Tier 3.

Pius, Kinross and Stannies had moments of promise but ultimately couldn't deliver when it counted. Pius had a strong trial period and a close game against a fatigued and understrength Auggies side (who had played Shore three days earlier). However, they faded when it mattered, suffering significant losses to Oakhill and losing to Stannies.

The two country teams, Kinross and Stannies, always put up a good fight but haven't achieved anything particularly noteworthy. A special mention goes to Oscar Cleary and Cooper Watters, two country boys who made the schoolboys team—always great signs for ISA Rugby.

Tier 5: St Patricks, Trinity, St Gregs, Aloys,

These teams find themselves at the bottom of the rankings.

Gregs remains a league-focused school.

Pats lost perhaps the best schoolboy combination of all time to league for crucial games during trials and the season, and even when they played, their forwards struggled to establish a platform.

Aloys simply lack the rugby player base to be competitive.

Trinity's season was especially disappointing, as it seemed they'd awarded scholarships to the wrong players.

Tier 6: TAS, Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, and Others

These schools are not on par with the rest of the teams mentioned above.

Special Mention:
Shoutout to Oakhill, the only team inside the top two tiers to be entirely homegrown with no scholarships—a significant achievement.
Lucky this is on the ISA forum cause it would be laughed off any other forum

Filthy 5ths

Stan Wickham (3)
Possible 2025 Auggies 1stXV.
1. Jaiden makoni (16as)
2. Carter garner (16as)
3. ?
4. Josh arundel (16as)
5. Fletch padovan (2nd XV)
6. Archie iSherwood (1st XV)
7. Cooper fenn (2nd XV)
8. Noah rylands (1st XV)
9. Chayse geros (2nd XV)
10. Jack kalms (16As)
11. Tom longland (16As)
12. Archie breakwall (2ndXV)
13. Oli metcalfe (1st XV)
14. Sonny Colella/ Eddie Bryant (16As)
15. Beau Alexander (1st XV)
thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: ISA

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Jaiden makoni (16as)
2. Carter garner (16as)
3. ?
4. Josh arundel (16as)
7. Cooper fenn (2nd XV)
8. Noah rylands (1st XV)
9. Chayse geros (2nd XV)
10. Jack kalms (16As)
11. Tom longland (16As)
12. Archie breakwall (16As)
thoughts?
Pretty sure Archie breakwall is in the 2nd XV and backs ups for 1st XV. Chayse geros has also finished the season in 1st XV due to Sam blank being injured.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
Morning,

Have heard a lot about the young gun Patchett. I understand Pius boys have failed to showcase much promise in previous matches, however could anyone give me some background on his playstyle.

Cheers
JIJ

The big X

Stan Wickham (3)
Morning,

Have heard a lot about the young gun Patchett. I understand Pius boys have failed to showcase much promise in previous matches, however could anyone give me some background on his playstyle.

Cheers
JIJ
You can watch his representative games on youtube. He was a sub for ISA black

The big X

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Jaiden makoni (16as)
2. Carter garner (16as)
3. ?
4. Josh arundel (16as)
7. Cooper fenn (2nd XV)
8. Noah rylands (1st XV)
9. Chayse geros (2nd XV)
10. Jack kalms (16As)
11. Tom longland (16As)
12. Archie breakwall (2ndXV)
thoughts?
Are the front rowers in the 2nd XV year 12's?

Maul of Duty

Ward Prentice (10)
Postseason NSW Schools Rankings

Many of the Forum Fanatics were quick to judge my Preseason Schools Rankings, and with only one ISA round remaining and the other competitions concluded, I believe it's time to finalise the Postseason Schools Rankings. Without further adieu, here are my rankings where teams have been ranked into tiers by my team and I.

This isn't the be-all and end-all of Rugby Rankings, just a thereabouts ranking - enjoy!

Tier 1: Shore and St. Augustine's

These two teams emerged as the winners of their competitions respectively, and both were exceptionally dominant throughout the trial period and regular season. Some may question why I've placed Shore ahead of St. Augustine's, given that Auggies defeated them.

However, it's important to note that Shore was leading 10-7 before a red card changed the game’s dynamic. According to reports, Shore then brought on their 2nd XV to avoid further suspensions, which led to their narrow 26-22 loss.

Further, Shore faced a tough start in the GPS, but ultimately claimed the premiership in what is widely considered the strongest competition in the country. Shore's more decisive wins over teams like Oakhill further cement their position as the top team.

While the undefeated* Auggies have been strong contenders, nearly winning the SAINX tournament (barring an unusual Joe Walsh miss), Shore's consistent performance against higher-calibre teams makes them the superior side overall.

Tier 2: St Joseph's, Oakhill, Scots, Kings, Newington, Riverview

It's no surprise that the rest of the GPS schools dominate this tier. Joey's had a strong start but faltered as the season progressed. Kings, Scots, Newington, and Riverview all had their ups and downs in what is regarded as the best and strongest competition in Australia.

Oakhill slots into this tier after a narrow loss to Auggies, where two late tries in the first half proved costly. However, their ability to keep Auggies scoreless in the second half and score two tries of their own was impressive. Oakhill also defeated Riverview and had convincing wins against the top three CAS schools.

What keeps them below Kings and Joeys is their tight win against Joeys' 2nd XV where they had multiple missed opportunities, and their 23-point loss to Shore in difficult conditions.

Tier 3: Barker, Knox, Waverley

The competition among the top CAS schools was fierce, and their rankings could be debated. Barker, in particular, could potentially be a Tier 2 team. They suffered narrow one-point losses to Riverview and Oakhill but still came up short.

These three teams would likely struggle against those in the higher tiers, as demonstrated through their matches against Oakhill and Auggies.

Tier 4: Cranbrook, Pius, Kinross, St Stanislaus'
Cranbrook tops this tier due to their potential when fully healthy, as supported by their strong win over Oakhill. If fully healthy all season, Cranbrook most definitely would have been a problem in the CAS, with the potential to move up to Tier 3.

Pius, Kinross and Stannies had moments of promise but ultimately couldn't deliver when it counted. Pius had a strong trial period and a close game against a fatigued and understrength Auggies side (who had played Shore three days earlier). However, they faded when it mattered, suffering significant losses to Oakhill and losing to Stannies.

The two country teams, Kinross and Stannies, always put up a good fight but haven't achieved anything particularly noteworthy. A special mention goes to Oscar Cleary and Cooper Watters, two country boys who made the schoolboys team—always great signs for ISA Rugby.

Tier 5: St Patricks, Trinity, St Gregs, Aloys,

These teams find themselves at the bottom of the rankings.

Gregs remains a league-focused school.

Pats lost perhaps the best schoolboy combination of all time to league for crucial games during trials and the season, and even when they played, their forwards struggled to establish a platform.

Aloys simply lack the rugby player base to be competitive.

Trinity's season was especially disappointing, as it seemed they'd awarded scholarships to the wrong players.

Tier 6: TAS, Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, and Others

These schools are not on par with the rest of the teams mentioned above.

Special Mention:
Shoutout to Oakhill, the only team inside the top two tiers to be entirely homegrown with no scholarships—a significant achievement.
I agree with most of this, however I would have Oakhill in Tier 3. They only just won against the Joeys 2nd XV. While it was a win, the other tier 2 GPS teams in your analysis/rankings either had a close win or loss against the Joeys 1sts.

All in all a really good post season snapshot though

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
60A75204-D308-47FD-94DE-15606C12A146.jpeg

Ezekiel Guttenbiel class of 2023 from Augs making the u19 Waratahs squad

Filthy 5ths

Stan Wickham (3)
Predicted Auggies 2026 first XV
1. jaiden makoni (16As)
2. carter garner (16As)
3. Oscar ryan (16As)
4. Rory Toole (16As)
5. Josh arundel (16As)
6. Oscar andrews (16As)
7. Benji khago (15As)
8. Sifa oldfield (16As)
9. Aston mcaulley (16As)
10. Wilson ruthven (15 As)
11. Tom longland (16As)
12. Manu Elliott (16As)
13. Eddie Bryant (16As)
14. Sonny Colella (16As)
15. Jack kalms (16As)

HM harry smythe/ Sam clarkemoar/ Ollie Johnson (all 15As)

Last edited:
Reactions: ISA

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Predicted Auggies 2026 first XV
1. jaiden makoni (16As)
2. carter garner (16As)
3. Oscar ryan (16As)
4. Josh arundel (16As)
5. Rory toole (16As)
6. Oscar andrews (16As)
7. Benji khago (15As)
8. Sifa oldfield (16As)
9. Aston mcaulley (16As)
10. Wilson ruthven (15 As)
11. Tom longland (16As)
12. Manu Elliott (16As)
13. Eddie Bryant (16As)
14. Sonny Colella (16As)
15. Jack kalms (16As)

HM harry smythe/ Sam clarkemoar/ Ollie Johnson (all 15As)
Judging off how the Auggies 16As have gone this year the 1st XV in 2026 will be very good. Exciting future for the boys on the beaches.

number8bro

Frank Nicholson (4)
Final round predictions:

Auggies vs Pats: Auggies 20+

Kinross vs Stannies: Stannies 3+

Pius vs Gregs: Pius 10+

Final Ladder Predictions:

1. Augustines
2. Oakhill
3. Stannies
4. Pius
5. Gregs
6. Kinross
7. Pats

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Anything on the current year 11s in the Auggies 1st XV?
Noah rylands- #8, very strong ball carrier, u16 Waratahs last year and will likely look to lead the forwards next year in the 1st XV.

Beau Alexander-#13, very good feet and fast, played Harold Matthews for manly and has had a very successful season in the 1st XV.

Ollie Metcalf-#14, fast and elusive, represented NSW schools 2 at schoolboy champs this year and has played very well this year.

Chayse geros-#9, speed and footwork, represented NSW schools 2 at schoolboy champs this year, was a late call up to the 1st XV this year after Sam blank broke his hand.

There are a few more players that have played on and off due to injuries throughout the year but these are the main ones. Feel free to add anything/anyone.