• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)
That leaves Greg's v Pat's
Anyone got any eyes on that?
1719043243569.png

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Boys from Bathurst got a bit of their own medicine. Reffing calls were abit odd in Oakhills favour and I believe if some of these calls weren’t made Oakhill were in for a tougher battle.
I think we need to start looking at these games in a perspective divorced from the referees whistle.

Without refs we don’t have games, and today Oakhill just had too much starpower and that’s what it came down to - not the “biased” refereeing.

In terms of Oakhill, Darcy Feltham is a chance of a line break every time he gets the ball. Ryan Scott is just about in every ruck, and the Italian Stallion has some deviously deceptive footwork for a Flanker.

A great result for Greg’s coming off a hammering, but a very disappointing result for Pats who would’ve probably expected a win.

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
ISA training started today, and from I saw and other information gathered from some of the other old blokes, this is the summary:

ISA 1s
1. Cameron Paull (AUG)
2. Riley Osbourne (AUG)
3. Lewis Wilson (AUG)
4. Tom Alloggia (OAK)
5. Aron Brennan (AUG)
6. Kinross #6 - unsure of name
7. Charlie Blank (AUG)
8. Noah Rylands (AUG)
9. Sam Blank (AUG)
10. Tamoko Berryman (AUG)
11. Oliver McKracken (AUG)
12. Joe Harvey (OAK)
13. Cooper Watters (STA)
14. Ollie Metcalf (AUG)
15. Tylan Berryman (AUG)

16. Jack Tink (KIN)
17. St. Pius Prop - unsure of name
18. Luke Haldane (SPX)
19. Luca Caruso (Italian Stallion) (OAK)
20. Kinross #9 - unsure of name
21. Gregs #12 - unsure of name

22. Preston Smallwood (STG)

ISA 2s
1. Jesse Galluzo (AUG)
2. Luke Muriti (OAK)
3. Julian Carruthers (OAK)
4. Zach Toole (AUG)
5. ?
6. Art Osbourne (AUG)
7. Ryan Scott (OAK)
8. ?
9. Chayse Geros (AUG)
10. Luke Alderson (OAK)
11. Mitch Stewart/Luca Benham (AUG)
12. Jack Taylor Hannify (OAK)
13. Beau Alexander (AUG)
14. Angus Tremain (STA)
15. Brodie Hitchman (AUG)

Unsure of the Bench.

Taite Howells (OAK)
and Mitch Holmes (OAK) are both opting to play Sydney Juniors over ISA.

Four 2nd XV players from Auggies are in crucial positions making ISA 2nds is surprising, but it shows the incredible depth of the program. In addition, the 1's team is entirely Auggies apart from some. Surprisingly, Tamoko Berryman gets the nod at 10 over Luke Alderson (OAK).

I have the feeling that without the sheer star power of Walsh, Conti, and Woods, this team might struggle against the GPS teams and possibly the CAS 1's team.

If anyone knows if there are any errors in this or knows any of the missing players please respond.

Last edited:

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward, from the CAS, ISA, GPS, CHS, CCC and AICES teams, TWO NSW Schools Teams (I & II) will be selected from the games played on the 27th and 28th.

It's a quick turnaround to the Australian Championships in the Sunshine Coast just 3 days later to play against TWO QLD Schools Teams (I & II) as well as an ACT Team and Victorian Team.

Should be a fun tournament to keep us entertained while ISA Footy is on break. Go well ISA lads.

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)
ISA training started today, and from I saw and other information gathered from some of the other old blokes, this is the summary:

ISA 1s
1. Cameron Paull (AUG)
2. Riley Osbourne (AUG)
3. Lewis Wilson (AUG)
4. Tom Alloggia (OAK)
5. Aron Brennan (AUG)
6. Kinross #6 - unsure of name
7. Charlie Blank (AUG)
8. Noah Rylands (AUG)
9. Sam Blank (AUG)
10. Tamoko Berryman (AUG)
11. Oliver McKracken (AUG)
12. Joe Harvey (OAK)
13. Stannies #13 - unsure of name
14. Ollie Metcalf (AUG)
15. Tylan Berryman (AUG)

16. Jack Tink (KIN)
17. St. Pius Prop - unsure of name
18. Luke Haldane (SPX)
19. Luca Caruso (Italian Stallion) (OAK)
20. Kinross #9 - unsure of name
21. Gregs #12 - unsure of name

22. Preston Smallwood (STG)

ISA 2s
1. Galluzo (AUG)
2. Luke Muriti (OAK)
3. Julian Carruthers (OAK)
4. Zach Toole (AUG)
5. ?
6. Art Osbourne (AUG)
7. Ryan Scott (OAK)
8. ?
9. Chayse Geros (AUG)
10. Luke Alderson (OAK)
11. Mitch Stewart/Luca Benham (AUG)
12. Jack Taylor Hannify (OAK)
13. Beau Alexander (AUG)
14. Angus Tremain (STA)
15. Brodie Hitchman (AUG)

Unsure of the Bench.

Taite Howells (OAK)
and Mitch Holmes (OAK) are both opting to play Sydney Juniors over ISA.

Four 2nd XV players from Auggies are in crucial positions making ISA 2nds is surprising, but it shows the incredible depth of the program. In addition, the 1's team is entirely Auggies apart from some. Surprisingly, Tamoko Berryman gets the nod at 10 over Luke Alderson (OAK).

I have the feeling that without the sheer star power of Walsh, Conti, and Woods, this team might struggle against the GPS teams and possibly the CAS 1's team.

If anyone knows if there are any errors in this or knows any of the missing players please respond.
Are the 16s teams out? I think the two missing in the 2nd XV lineup are both Pius players.

DamiensDefender

Frank Row (1)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,
It is clear that the Auggies schoolboys have found our sacred forum!
We must remember that this forum is to promote positivity in the game that we love, not to spread hate and compare players who are just students, not the next Superstars.
For Me when it comes to the debate of the 10s, I believe it was a flip of the coin but I think Tamoko was better because of his green link chemistry with the rest of the Auggies boys in the team
Hopefully this Auggies ISA 1 team lights a fire within Alderson and the rest of the Oaks to go and win the ISA.

DD Out.

Charlie mann

Frank Row (1)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,
It is clear that the Auggies schoolboys have found our sacred forum!
We must remember that this forum is to promote positivity in the game that we love, not to spread hate and compare players who are just students, not the next Superstars.
For Me when it comes to the debate of the 10s, I believe it was a flip of the coin but I think Tamoko was better because of his green link chemistry with the rest of the Auggies boys in the team
Hopefully this Auggies ISA 1 team lights a fire within Alderson and the rest of the Oaks to go and win the ISA.

DD Out.
I love what you have said here in my opinion I just think St Augs hame to much star power in the team. when they meet at Rat park I think Augs by 25+

SuperCoach12

Stan Wickham (3)
SC here, would like to give my opinions on the following selections of the ISA teams, I have several points to discuss:

1. The significant inclusion of St. Augustine's players highlights the team's impressive performance during the trial season, suggesting they will be a formidable force for the remainder of the season.
  2. Critics have raised concerns about bias in the ISA selections. As a member of the selection committee, I acknowledge that the majority were from St. Augustine's. While I cannot confirm any bias, I do admit there was a preference for their own players. However, after our discussions, I believe the reasons for choosing St. Augustine's players over those from schools like Oakhill and Pius were justified.
  3. The debate over the number 10 jersey between Luke Alderson and Tamoko Berryman Duff is noteworthy. Both are exceptional players with a history of strong performances at the representative level. I have high hopes for both, as they aim to secure spots in the NSW schools and juniors squads.
  4. ISA's performance against other associations is unpredictable. The absence of Woods, Walsh, and Conti may weaken their chances against GPS, but with standout players like Blank, Harvey, and Tylan Berryman Duff leading the backline and strong forwards like Wilson and Osbourne, both Waratahs academy members can set the tone early, they will be a significant threat.
I am eagerly anticipating this Thursday and Friday to see how ISA will fare against other associations. The talent on display promises to make this Carnival truly memorable.

SC signing off.

DamiensDefender

Frank Row (1)
I love what you have said here in my opinion I just think St Augs hame to much star power in the team. when they meet at Rat park I think Augs by 25+
I'm not sure about that.
For me a superstar team such as Oakhill who are really bonded through their blood and mustard, is likley to beat a team full of superstars who are looking for a highlight tape.
My Take: Auggies don't get ISA

SuperCoach12

Stan Wickham (3)
Oakhill edge past Stannies 29-6.

First half ended 12-6 but Oakhill were just too classy with too much fire power for Stannies to keep up with.
RahRah, SC here. Could you confirm if there are any injuries reported from the Oakhill camp? I heard that two players missed the Stannies game due to minor injuries and one player got injured in the first half.

REGARDS SC