• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2023

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
25 - 18 Central Coast Grammar way. Great ending, 18 - 18 at fulltime. Then headed into extra time, with their 9 scoring in the second half of extra time.
Great news! Would dearly love one of the ISA Div 2 group to step up to Div 1. It's a numbers game of course and they may not have it but on talent alone, it would be great to see them (or any other Div 2 team) come onboard.

NotStraight

Bob McCowan (2)
Great news! Would dearly love one of the ISA Div 2 group to step up to Div 1. It's a numbers game of course and they may not have it but on talent alone, it would be great to see them (or any other Div 2 team) come onboard.
Unfortunately with the quality of footy I saw they could barely beat anyone in the 2nds comp let alone 1sts. I think if they did join Div 1 it would be like GPS with them playing in the 3rds comp. If they could develop their players and skill levels they could slowly move their way up the ranks.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Unfortunately with the quality of footy I saw they could barely beat anyone in the 2nds comp let alone 1sts. I think if they did join Div 1 it would be like GPS with them playing in the 3rds comp. If they could develop their players and skill levels they could slowly move their way up the ranks.
Not that long ago, there was a "Div 3" in ISA where the 3rd XVs from Div 1 also played 1st XV from Scots Bathurst, Oxley Grammar and Blue Mts Grammar. Used to be a very competitive comp. There were after match functions with speeches and exchange of gifts along with food at Scots, Oxley and Blue Mts. Those schools were great hosts. The Cs for each age group from the 'bigger' schools would also play against the 3 Div 3 schools. Not sure whatever happened to their rugby program - I guess Scots & All Saints are in Div 2 ISA since the two schools have amalgamated.

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
RIP to legendary Oakhill coach Andrew Wisemantel. He passed away in France overnight. Fantastic legacy, leading the school to multiple ISA premierships while also being the head of sport. He’ll be sorely missed by everyone in the ISA community.
Yes thoughts are with his family and the extended College community out there. Very sad news indeed.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill.

Btw I don't believe there was a single Joeys representative.

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill.

Btw I don't believe there was a single Joeys representative.
Yeah I saw that to. Good result from them and indicative of the work that goes in to the program up there.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
@Hankspank please see above.

"Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill."

rugboy

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah, no Joeys, View, Knox

Bit of a strange age group for a lot of the players around but I am glad to see 8/26 from the State Schools/'non known' Rugby Schools.
It is a much different spread. Yes, no Joeys but the best 15 yo Justice from Joeys is playing up an age in the Tahs 16s and would have been a walk-up starter

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Yeah I saw that to. Good result from them and indicative of the work that goes in to the program up there.
Unfortunate that 5/6 are a year young in the year above, Im unsure of Sam Polley but Darcey Feltham, Hasani Bloomfield, Ben Visagie and Flynn Farrel all are in the 2025 class but are 2026 age. Interesting stuff.

rugboy

Jim Clark (26)
Unfortunate that 5/6 are a year young in the year above, Im unsure of Sam Polley but Darcey Feltham, Hasani Bloomfield, Ben Visagie and Flynn Farrel all are in the 2025 class but are 2026 age. Interesting stuff.
Sam Polley is also 2025 class unfortunately

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
With regards to Oakhill, of the 6 x U15 Waratah squad, 4 of them will be in their ‘Opens’ age group next year. They also got 3 boys coming back who were involved in the recent triangular series vs Tonga. So, they certainly have depth, and it is timely to acknowledge the contribution of the late Mr Andrew Wisemental. He was not only their 1st XV coach but had a massive contribution to ensuring boys in the lower age groups stay engaged and committed to Oakhill rugby. He was instrumental in manifesting a positive rugby culture across the school – as shown by their numbers in every age group year after year. RIP, Wisey ....

Backintheolddays

Billy Sheehan (19)
With regards to Oakhill, of the 6 x U15 Waratah squad, 4 of them will be in their ‘Opens’ age group next year. They also got 3 boys coming back who were involved in the recent triangular series vs Tonga. So, they certainly have depth, and it is timely to acknowledge the contribution of the late Mr Andrew Wisemental. He was not only their 1st XV coach but had a massive contribution to ensuring boys in the lower age groups stay engaged and committed to Oakhill rugby. He was instrumental in manifesting a positive rugby culture across the school – as shown by their numbers in every age group year after year. RIP, Wisey ....
Kudos to Dural rugby club as well. Developed these kids exceptionally pre high school. Great to see these fantastic teams come through, will strength the program for a decade.
hope they hold onto them

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
Yes the contribution Andrew Wismantel made to Oakhill rugby will be never forgotten.
The current yr 11s that played first xv this year and the inclusion of some very talented young players will lift Oakhill
next season.
They will be playing for Wisey . I expect to see a very driven and different side next year.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
a real (and rare) growth story about schools rugby. Have a mate who went there in the 90s. They had a first xv and no other open teams. Now they rival some GPS schools as to the amount of rugby teams they have. (25 plus). A real rugby school these days. So good to see.