• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Illawarra Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Wreckless, are you WA now? I ask because I notice your icon for UWA Rugby. I hear Neddies are strong once again, how are Uni going? If not for a dramatic change in circumstance I would likely be studying at and playing for the students over in Wa right now.

Now - this requires a post of it's own! I hope you are sitting comfortably! :)

UWA are the reigning Premiers and Club Champions! The firsts won last years GF under extraordinary circumstances. Having finished 2nd on the ladder they played Neddies ( everyone hates them! :) ) in the major semi and lost that game 63-5 ! Cott had won the minor semi and so UWA had to play Cott in the elimination final to see who would take on Nedlands ( who everyone hates ) in the GF. Uni beat Cottesloe 19-18 with a penalty after the siren - another shot at Neddies ( the hated ones! )!

UWA turned around a 63-5 flogging in the semi to win the bloody game 15-13 - unbelievable! It shows that you can do anything if you dare to dream and have the self belief! This was UWA's first premiership since 1972 and one of their most successful seasons ever! Premiers in 1st's, 4th's, U/20's Colts plus Club Championship - I'm proud to have their icon on my blogs!

Cheers, Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Wreckless, the IDRU boys certainly hang around. Woodsy I remember quite well while Bert and I go back to the late '60s when I was a student at Wollongong University College and he was in admin there. That was before the Shamrocks started up.

So Woodsy encompasses the "unholy trinity" - ref, lawyer & Viking!!!! :)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
So Woodsy encompasses the "unholy trinity" - ref, lawyer & Viking!!!! :)

It suggests that he was either game or oblivious to abuse. A Viking refereeing a Shamrocks game would be subject to a relentless series of appraisals of his character and speculation as to his parentage from the sidelines.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I didn't get down to Vikings on the weekend as I am under doctor's order's not to put too much pressure on my hamstring until the results of the scans are returned to ensure I haven't ruptured it, so I cannot report anything sadly. And depending on what the result is, it could be a good 3 - 12 weeks before I get back on the paddock.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I didn't get down to Vikings on the weekend as I am under doctor's order's not to put too much pressure on my hamstring until the results of the scans are returned to ensure I haven't ruptured it, so I cannot report anything sadly. And depending on what the result is, it could be a good 3 - 12 weeks before I get back on the paddock.

Ouch! :( Keep us posted WCR and all the best with that! Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra District Rugby Union
Master Builders Club Premiership
Results Round 6, 19TH MAY 2012
1st Grade
VIKINGS 27 (J Diggings 1 try, E Nava 1 try, J Parkhill 1 try N Tottman 3 conv, 2pg) def CAMDEN 10 (l Russell 1 try, S Martin 1pg, 1conv)
SHAMROCKS 69 (L Rosa 1 try 4 conv, A Burns 1 try, T storm 1 try j kindred 1 try, J Johnston 1 try, S Tarasenko 2 tries, J Millen 2 tries, D Porra 1 try, H Mercer 1 try,S Pritchard 2 conv, J Pigrim 1 conv.) def BOWRAL 0
AVONDALE 46 def UNIVERSITY 12 (D Nepia 4 pg)
TECH/WARATAHS 51 R Hoffman 1 try, A Kelly 1 try, C Condon 1 try T Longbottom 1 try N Sanguto 3 tries, J Taingahue 1 try, W Bruton 1 try, L martin 3 conv ) def KIAMA 21 (B carter 1 try, M Quinn 1 try, B Rauque 1 try B King gee 3 conv)
SHOALHAVEN - BYE
2nd GradeShamrocks 62 def Bowral 0
Avondale 89 def University 5
Shoal haven 51 def Engadine 21
Tech/Tahs 32 def Kiama 29
Camden 27 def Vikings 21
3rd GradeWollondilly 15 def Shamrocks 8
University 32 def Avondale 29
Vincentia 22 def Engadine 7
Tech/Tahs 17 def Kiama 11
Camden 29 def Vikings

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bowral Rugby Club. That brings back memories. Going back over 30 years ago, Bowral made their first ever 1st Grade IDRU Grand Final which was played at the Dapto greyhound track. I think their coach at the time was Steve Streeter although I may be defaming him. Anyway whoever the coach at the time was thought it would be a good idea to prepare for the big day by giving the boys some extra fitness training. When I was coaching my teams didn't get to many Grand Finals but the last thing I would do would be to give them any fitness work at all in that week. Rather the smart thing to do is to freshen them up.

The Bowral coach, let's blame Streeter, adopted the polar opposite approach. He got an army PT instructor in to conduct a couple of sessions - I am not making this up. Come the big day and the boys from the Southern Highlands hardly got beyond a jog the whole game and were absolutely flogged. We all have to buy our coaching experience - at the expense of our players.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Bowral are struggling now - have done for a few years!

Rocks 6-0 - looking good! Looking forward to Round 9 June 16th Vikings vs. Shamrocks at Vikings! Will be a huge day!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Results Round 7, 26th May 2012
1st Grade
Shamrocks 15 def Avondale 8
Camden 24 def Kiama 13
Tech-Waratahs 39 def Shoalhaven 12
University 74 def Bowral 12

2nd GradeAvondale 40 def Shamrocks 7
Camden 26 def Kiama 3
Vikings 38 def Engadine 17
Tech-Waratahs 26 def Shoalhaven 12
Bowral 24 def University 19

3rd GradeShamrocks 17 def Avondale 10
Camden def Kiama on forfeit
Engadine 12 def Vikings 7
Vincentia 19 def Tech-Waratahs 12
Wollondilly 19 def University 14

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
How's that hammie going WCR? Heading down to Kiama this weekend?

Cheers, Wreckless

Good but not good enough to play yet. My mate who is a physio had me go for a little run on Wednesday and it wasn't too bad. But I still have a small degree of discomfort when I get into the crouch position as I would for a scrum. He thinks giving it another week would be the better option.

As for this Saturday, I can't. I have a Christening this Saturday in Sydney (same mate as above) and I'm one of the God fathers. After all he's done for me over the last few weeks (hasn't charged me a cent) and considering our history together, I'd imagine it may end the friendship if I elected to skip the ceremony.

To add to that, I have exams coming up starting next Saturday at 11am and the following Saturday at midday. In all, due to injury and scheduling I'm likely to miss a combined 5 weeks and 6 games.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Ex Bowral Blacks and NEdlands player right here :D .

Played at Bowral in the late nineties when they wont their first grade premiership (s) - then at nedlands for 4 years in the early naughtys. I thought it was Soaks who everyone hated! Although its been years since I was there so things might have changed.

Its a shame Bowral has been struggling - a mate of mine started the highlanders rugby club and apparently they lost a few guys ot that in inception (since then though they are now a league team) . Bowral was really strong when I played there right through the grades. Hopefully they can get back on their feet.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Ex Bowral Blacks and NEdlands player right here :D .

Played at Bowral in the late nineties when they wont their first grade premiership (s) - then at nedlands for 4 years in the early naughtys. I thought it was Soaks who everyone hated! Although its been years since I was there so things might have changed.

Its a shame Bowral has been struggling - a mate of mine started the highlanders rugby club and apparently they lost a few guys ot that in inception (since then though they are now a league team) . Bowral was really strong when I played there right through the grades. Hopefully they can get back on their feet.

Good to hear from you X! :). I agree - the comp needs a strong Highland franchise but there appear to be some schisms up there as you say. A splinter group from the Blacks went off and formed the Bundanoon rugby club and that severely weakened Bowral. Thay have some good juniors in the U/17's comp this year and hopefully will see some benefit in the not too distant future. In particular Harry Boyce, Jesse Elliot and Tim Lewis are standouts for Bowral juniors with Boyce and Lewis having repped for NSW Country over the last couple of years in their age division.

Re Soaks - you make a good point!!! Especially as UWA went down to Soaks last week by a point! :mad:.

Cheers, Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Good but not good enough to play yet. My mate who is a physio had me go for a little run on Wednesday and it wasn't too bad. But I still have a small degree of discomfort when I get into the crouch position as I would for a scrum. He thinks giving it another week would be the better option.

As for this Saturday, I can't. I have a Christening this Saturday in Sydney (same mate as above) and I'm one of the God fathers. After all he's done for me over the last few weeks (hasn't charged me a cent) and considering our history together, I'd imagine it may end the friendship if I elected to skip the ceremony.

To add to that, I have exams coming up starting next Saturday at 11am and the following Saturday at midday. In all, due to injury and scheduling I'm likely to miss a combined 5 weeks and 6 games.

Do the Christening WCR! Keep in the good books with the physio - a sound investment! Good luck with the exams and maybe see you at the Shammies game on 16/6 - that'll be a big day! It will probably be the first game I'll see as my young bloke has school rugby most Saturdays and is playing over the long weekend for Sydney Uni's U/17's at the State Championships! :)

Cheers, Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Results Round 8, 2nd June 2012
1st Grade
Avondale 16 def Camden 13
Vikings 22 def Kiama 18
Tech-Waratahs 33 def Shamrocks 0
Shoalhaven 21 def University 15

2nd GradeAvondale 29 def Camden 14
University 19 def Shoalhaven 15
Shamrocks 27 def Tech-Waratahs 14
Vikings 20 def Kiama 10
Bowral 13 def Engadine 5

3rd GradeAvondale 35 def Camden 28
Vincentia 68 def University 7
Engadine 7 def Wollondilly 5
Shamrocks 14 def Tech-Waratahs 13
Kiama 15 def Vikings 0

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Good to hear from you X! :). I agree - the comp needs a strong Highland franchise but there appear to be some schisms up there as you say. A splinter group from the Blacks went off and formed the Bundanoon rugby club and that severely weakened Bowral. Thay have some good juniors in the U/17's comp this year and hopefully will see some benefit in the not too distant future. In particular Harry Boyce, Jesse Elliot and Tim Lewis are standouts for Bowral juniors with Boyce and Lewis having repped for NSW Country over the last couple of years in their age division.

Re Soaks - you make a good point!!! Especially as UWA went down to Soaks last week by a point! :mad:.

Cheers, Wreckless

Yeah I was aware when the group formed the highlanders - a good mate of mine was part of the inception commitee. I see the juniors are going strong. Hopefully they get back on track. They were really strong when I was there last.

I must admit , even though i was a neddies player I was kind of chuffed to see uni win the premiership last year given that they copped a 70 point hiding in the major prelim final . What a turnaround in two weeks that was. Uni were always the cellar dwellars for all the years I was playing in PErth so it must have been quite a party that night at McGillvray Oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.