• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Surely people can voice there opinion on where Australian rugby is weak, needs development or change and how this can be done..

Please don't tell me this is a navel gazing forum where we sing Kumbayah and congratulate each other on being mediocre. Harden up like the Wallabies team from 1999-2002.

If you want to just play singles to long on and retain the status quo and ignore the problems rugby has here and the mediocrity it produces, that's fine with me. Play away.

You might want to note in your cricket analagy that cricketers very rarely play singles to long on anymore. Modern cricketers from all nations now are a little more advanced and a lot more innovative with their shot making now. Singles to long on are from an ancient era. You could learn a lot from your cricketers!
Mate, advice, opinion, healthy banter is all welcome. But if you walk into the pub for the first time, tell all the locals they're fucked, tell the barman the beer's too warm, and complain about the prices, don't be surprised if the welcome is frosty.
You've come in hard, you're tilting at everyone, and in my experience, most people doing that have an agenda.
I'm more than happy if you prove me wrong. Please do. We have plenty of posters from East of here who are highly valued members of the forum.
Your shot.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Mate, advice, opinion, healthy banter is all welcome. But if you walk into the pub for the first time, tell all the locals they're fucked, tell the barman the beer's too warm, and complain about the prices, don't be surprised if the welcome is frosty.
You've come in hard, you're tilting at everyone, and in my experience, most people doing that have an agenda.
I'm more than happy if you prove me wrong. Please do. We have plenty of posters from East of here who are highly valued members of the forum.
Your shot.

Lol...ok bro, I'll take it easy. Love the analagy. No hidden agenda but change would be nice at school age level.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lol.ok bro, I'll take it easy. Love the analagy. No hidden agenda but change would be nice at school age level.
You certainly aren't the only one banging that drum here. Unfortunately, Rugby's traction in schools is shrinking, not growing currently.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Please share the material(s) that got you banned.... Pleeeeeeease.
haha, I had a crack at their website from another website, - not even at The Silver Frown - then i log into TSF and get this PM from Baron Semen Brokeback, one of their 36 little goose-stepping Andy Hitler prefect moderatiii:
You are a knob...

There are many mods who think your posts are 100% worthless. I was pretty ambivalent, I generally prefer to let things slide. I am now pretty sure I was incorrect and the opther mods are actually correct and yuo the vast majority of your posts are indeed a complete and utter waste of time.
haha, he does have a point there actually!

so in summary, I didnt even post anything! Just sitting there minding me own business on a dozey rainy Monday, then I get a stroppy abusive PM from Herr Baron Semen Brokedick entitled "You are a knob", then I'm chucked out! hadnt even posted at TSF for a while but BaronSG found a thread - not even a thread at their website -sent me a pm calling me a "knob" and banned me. That was it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
haha, I had a crack at their website from another website, - not even at The Silver Frown - then i log into TSF and get this PM from Baron Semen Brokeback, one of their 36 little goose-stepping Andy Hitler prefect moderatiii:

so in summary, I didnt even post anything! Just sitting there minding me own business on a dozey rainy Monday, then I get a stroppy abusive PM from Herr Baron Semen Brokedick entitled "You are a knob", then I'm chucked out! hadnt even posted at TSF for a while but BaronSG found a thread - not even a thread at their website -sent me a pm calling me a "knob" and banned me. That was it.
Strangely, your obtuse knobbishness is part of your appeal! ;) That and your comprehensive catalogue of just plain wrong GIFs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

No! No! No! As the Phil Gould would say. Go away & come back when you've got something far more interesting (& if less truthful then so be it) to post. FFS you of all people I didn't expect to have to explain this to..... too long on Pitcairn? Has Kellaher been "in your ear" again? Jaysus H Christ,man, this is an Internet forum, truth doesn't even make the cut for being the first casualty..............

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Surely people can voice there opinion on where Australian rugby is weak, needs development or change and how this can be done..

Please don't tell me this is a navel gazing forum where we sing Kumbayah and congratulate each other on being mediocre. Harden up like the Wallabies team from 1999-2002.

If you want to just play singles to long on and retain the status quo and ignore the problems rugby has here and the mediocrity it produces, that's fine with me. Play away.

You might want to note in your cricket analagy that cricketers very rarely play singles to long on anymore. Modern cricketers from all nations now are a little more advanced and a lot more innovative with their shot making now. Singles to long on are from an ancient era. You could learn a lot from your cricketers!
Cyclo has pretty much covered it, but I would add the link below for you to have a read from the site admin. We sure as shit aren't sitting around singing kumbahya. But we still love the game and are going to try and find positives for our teams when we can.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/future-of-australian-rugby/

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Strangely, your obtuse knobbishness is part of your appeal!
thansk mate, I'm tearing up here, that is actually the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me in my whole entire life.

speaking of which, back on topic, found this pic of some of Cory Jane's children out in the wild. Check out the fend from the little girl in turquoise, that has my dad is the Upper Hutt bogan written all over it!

turquoise.gif

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
You certainly aren't the only one banging that drum here. Unfortunately, Rugby's traction in schools is shrinking, not growing currently.

I think Australian Rugby has a great future, if it can get itself together and better organised. The demographics and immigration policies are on your side.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Sure is Hugh, no doubt the beginning and the end of the 1990's were good to Australia with other countries behind by a long way. That's why things need to change from the inside out to help Australia get back there consistently.

Not too sure if we can get rid of league or AFL but there is definitely a space there for our game. NZ Rugby needs Australian rugby to be strong more than we kiwi's really want to admit.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
And by the way, dropping Maori words in is going to result in some vacant responses here.

I'm interested in the culture and would appreciate a 101 on the language etc.

Maybe start a thread in the general board and explain whakapapa and turangawaewae?

If anything it'd help introduce you to the regular posters here without resorting to the schoolboy sledges that are clearly getting irritating.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
OK, so all the pre-match forum flirting is done and dusted (we even got some Dismal Pillock GIFs, sweeeeet). I have no scientific assessment or any real hard evidence to support my assertions. I can make a vague tenuous link between the high volume of changes in the 'canes team, the small amount of changes in the Rebels team, the return of Samo to Aus rugby and the fact some dude saw me at the Mitcham shops at lunch and shouted" UP THE REBELS" (looked like he'd already been into the beers too).

Rebels by 10. Boom.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Going to be tough without timani but I'll be very interested in what Samo has left. Big opportunity for Neville too, given he seems to be on the outer. Hopefully he finds some form before announcing he's signed to the reds. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.