• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
What a load of rubbish. You really think your private school would give academic scholarships to Tongans, Samoans and Fijians if they weren't good on the rugby field? C'mon, get real. I will take anything we can get for my Pacific people.

My kid goes to the most expensive private school in Melbourne. I don't hate on kids getting a good education or those that can afford it. My beef is that your rugby is almost exclusively at private schools and does not include the vast majority of kids who go to school outside of these elitist institutions.

Like I said, exclusive, elitist and separatist. Sound like the evolution of a prison colony. Fact.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So just in case we have all forgotten the Hurricanes play the Rebels tomorrow. Even with the players they are resting the Hurricanes should win. Especially when you consider Rebels have played about 30 minutes the last two weeks.

Happy to see Sefa get a start, Cadeyrn back and Samo get a possible run (always been a favourite of mine). Tony please give Tom a run, Pat hasn't been playing well enough to justify being an 80 minute hooker.

We will miss the wrecking ball that is Timani.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
@vegascane.......

image.jpg

...... stat you, bro?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ I'd be taking that as a shot across the bows if I were him........

@vegascane, it's all good to bite back at the kiwi-baiting that (very) occasionally happens on here but there are limits & you've well overstepped them. Some of your posts show you have some knowledge of & feel for the game, others* seem to have been written by an especially pissed-off 12-year old. You may want to suspend the 12-yo's internet privileges & let the rugby fan share his thoughts (that being the purpose of this site).

* Post #86 being a prime example.............

And as we say back in the 'tron "don't Bro me if you don't know me". Or "cuz" for that matter.

For the record "my people" are Dad's side Ludwig (German), Falcon (English), Scott (funnily enough English) & Craig (lallans Scots), Mum's side Paterson (Scots-Irish), Mordaff (Welsh), Mudgeway (Irish) & ? Irish birth, death & marriage records from the 1830's being rather vague....... not sure what that means in terms of my culture but the only Turangawaewae I need is wherever I happen to be on the rare occasion I feel the need to stand & speak.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Glad you read bro. Certainly hope that being on here as long as you have hasn't changed your colour from Black to Yellow my bro. Opinions are opinions, you wanna debate then debate. Otherwise my Nga Tapu Wae bro, don't forget where you are from as Levin could use tamariki like you to increase the IQ and work picking the blackberries since you and Carlos left...

Long live the Canes, still waiting for the next King Carlos to appear.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gotta go with WOB on this Vega, mate I another Canes fan also from Levin lol, and as WOB says you actually have some good points to bring up at times, just you tend to bring them across as an angry young man who is tough on the net! And you don't have to ask me if I change my color of team, I been a one eyed AB supporter for the 60 years of my life, and love discussing rugby with people that support ANY team in the world, the only disappointment is when you cop the odd one who can't keep it reasonable---wherever they from!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No Ardie this week. Out for the next month at least. Time to take your best shot.

Out of interest, I've shared my whakapapa (wife's BTW is father Raukawa (Okauia) mother Tainui (Kawhia via Raglan)) what's yours? Where's YOUR Turangawaewae?

Note for the uninitiated: in Maori culture anyone who speaks must first establish their right to speak by stating their ancestory (whakapapa: not just a ski field, I should be in marketing :)). Turangawaewae literally translates as a place to stand & speak but usage-wise means that you've established your right to speak & be taken seriously, or least be listened to with respect.

Here endith the lesson, I'm outa this thread & back to the cricket. Apologies to those interested in Rebels v Hurricanes for hijacking your thread.............

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
V.Cane, joining an Australian rugby forum* then immediately wading in and proceeding to slag off everything Australian (their schools, their 2nd 5's, their words, their rugby ranking, their cricket team, their fuckin everything) is not the sharpest forum ingratiation manoeuvre I have ever seen.
*ps, I only joined here because The Silver Frown banned me halfway to Sixpackistan and back.

A few quiet singles down to long-on, to evade the eye of the mod, before you come roaring in off the long run with your cock & balls all over the show may have been a better strategy.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just going to throw it out there, Rebels by 10.

Remain undefeated on the road and in NZ for 2015. Some on has got to back us.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Porirua is home. A NZ born Samoan with a Samoan born NZ raised wife that speaks Maori fluently. Don't ask why, she just loved Te Reo while growing up in the Hutt Valley. Beautiful language and culture, a model for all colonized indigenous people.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ps, I only joined here because The Silver Frown banned me halfway to Sixpackistan and back.

Seriously? If it's any consolation remember that some cockhead once turned down a bunch of scruffs calling themselves The Beatles, the cockhead's wife's cousin thought The Rolling Stones could be rather good if only they'd get a proper lead singer & the cockhead's wife's cousin's step-kids mate decided that OneDirection were the future of Rock&troll......... True Genius is seldom appreciated in its own time & place etc.

Please share the material(s) that got you banned............ Pleeeeeeease.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
V.Cane, joining an Australian rugby forum* then immediately wading in and proceeding to slag off everything Australian (their schools, their 2nd 5's, their words, their rugby ranking, their cricket team, their fuckin everything) is not the sharpest forum ingratiation manoeuvre I have ever seen.
*ps, I only joined here because The Silver Frown banned me halfway to Sixpackistan and back.

A few quiet singles down to long-on, to evade the eye of the mod, before you come roaring in off the long run with your cock & balls all over the show may have been a better strategy.

Surely people can voice there opinion on where Australian rugby is weak, needs development or change and how this can be done....

Please don't tell me this is a navel gazing forum where we sing Kumbayah and congratulate each other on being mediocre. Harden up like the Wallabies team from 1999-2002.

If you want to just play singles to long on and retain the status quo and ignore the problems rugby has here and the mediocrity it produces, that's fine with me. Play away.

You might want to note in your cricket analagy that cricketers very rarely play singles to long on anymore. Modern cricketers from all nations now are a little more advanced and a lot more innovative with their shot making now. Singles to long on are from an ancient era. You could learn a lot from your cricketers!

Status
Not open for further replies.