• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Rebels QF June 7 2024

Hurricanes v Rebels QF June 7 2024

• OH GOD not another pole

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Go Rebels!

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Go Canes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both these teams are dumb

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • you're dumb

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Tex is a giant dummy

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • DC Target eats boogers

• did this thread really need a pole?

• Your mum needs a pole you ******

• Language!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ah shiggins, you have called so many of these over the years, technically correct but the refs call what they see and interpret what they are taught. Sometime it works out for us but on balance the usual result, with the odd exception is the bettee team wins. If we are good enough to beat that and to be honest on balance, lets say the better team won today. Great effort by my boys but man for man the hurricanes were better.

I am still very sad about it though.
That's never a try. That's no try 99 out of 100 times. It's the wrong call in a semi final. I'm not here saying the rebels should have won at all but the hurricanes had 14 points they shouldn't have which would of made a better specitcal.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
That's never a try. That's no try 99 out of 100 times. It's the wrong call in a semi final. I'm not here saying the rebels should have won at all but the hurricanes had 14 points they shouldn't have which would of made a better specitcal.
I took the "victories" out of the game. Two tries in a few minutes had the bells cloud jumping in celebration. I think we knew the game was gone but taking every small success where we could. Dispoint d but very proud of our supporters there. If only there more of us

Last edited:

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I took the "victories" out of the game. Two tries in a few minutes had the bwok cloud jumping in celebration. I think we knew the game was gone but taking every small success where we could. Dispoint d but very proud of our supporters there. If only there more of us
Mate it was so good too see the rebels come back into the game and score 2 quick teams. Rebels just lacked that killer punch at times when they were close to scoring. Their defence in the first half was brilliant and passionate.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Let's be fair. The Rebels made the finals "technically". With that loss it was 7 on the trot. Not carrying great form. There's only 4 good teams and they are the ones playing next week. 8 teams in the finals was just extravagance for TV's sake.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have been a big critic of the Rebels all season but that game was a ripper and anyone who thinks another Australian side could have played with that amount of guts and determination is deluding themselves.
Well done to all of you Rebels supporters for hanging in there, I hope that game meant as much to you as it did to me, but I think your day is done.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Always frustrating to win a lineout against the throw only to see a massive loss of territory or turnover because nobody was ready for the steal. With Canham, Holloway, Cale and Frost, someone should always be on guard to collect the steal.
Lack of urgent response to lineout steals and loose ball on the ground has been an issue for 20 years

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought the first one was Kailea. Either way, they were the same near that broke us, but credit to them it may have been tired ness because we just did not have enough ball
AFL, I have been noting that the Kiwi's seem to be not only palming off but also lowering and moving their legs to the side to avoid a legs tackle under the new rules. Barrett did it several times, which makes it hard to tackle him.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Let's be fair. The Rebels made the finals "technically". With that loss it was 7 on the trot. Not carrying great form. There's only 4 good teams and they are the ones playing next week. 8 teams in the finals was just extravagance for TV's sake.
Having 8 teams in the finals with a 12 team comp never made sense to me.

Although, the Rebels were close to if not the most competitive losing team this weekend.

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
The rules at the start of the season were that the top 8 sides made the finals. The Rebels were one of the top 8 sides therefore they made the finals. Any other consideration is simply wrong. I understand you think that 8 is too many teams to play finals but on that basis I can just as easily state that the Brumbies made the finals "technically" and am no less correct than you are.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The eight team finals definitely made the lead in to the finals more interesting. Unfortunately, it also made the finals less interesting. Frankly, I find just three weeks of finals a little underwhelming