• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Rebels QF June 7 2024

Hurricanes v Rebels QF June 7 2024

• OH GOD not another pole

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Go Rebels!

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Go Canes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both these teams are dumb

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • you're dumb

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Tex is a giant dummy

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • DC Target eats boogers

• did this thread really need a pole?

• Your mum needs a pole you ******

• Language!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
We can say one thing though. We keep hearing there is no real buy in on teams (tribalism etc) , yet we see a few people in stands crying as they finish, and read the celebrating Rebels thread, and try and convince me that they haven't fans?
Oh we were there and quite a few diehards, just not enough of us.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
"Rebels pull off maiden win against Lions to go back-to-back for first time in 2020. A season that started out in nightmare fashion has turned around quickly for the Rebels, after the Melbourne-based team beat the Lions 37-17 to post back-to-back wins for first time in a year.7 Mar 2020"

I wonder who the ref was?

"Doleman began refereeing while a student in Dunedin, becoming a professional referee in 2020.[2] In 2019 he had refereed the final of the 2019 World Rugby Under 20 Championship.[3] He refereed his first Super Rugby match on 7 March 2020 in a match between the Rebels and Lions"

Facts matter.

Last edited:

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
"Rebels pull off maiden win against Lions to go back-to-back for first time in 2020. A season that started out in nightmare fashion has turned around quickly for the Rebels, after the Melbourne-based team beat the Lions 37-17 to post back-to-back wins for first time in a year.7 Mar 2020"

"Doleman began refereeing while a student in Dunedin, becoming a professional referee in 2020.[2] In 2019 he had refereed the final of the 2019 World Rugby Under 20 Championship.[3] He refereed his first Super Rugby match on 7 March 2020 in a match between the Rebels and Lions"

Facts matter.
Is there some fact around which year before this one the Crusaders missed the final..

Was this the first year the defending champion didn't make the final series?

I need some new trivia questions :). (Jks I just wanted to poke fun)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^

1. 2016
2. Good question that might require actual research (as opposed to just making something up) before answering.
3. Yes, you do. Like two weeks ago.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Facts matter.
Yep but as I pointed out seemingly not on the Net!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Rayasi is almost as likely to burn his own team as he is likely to burn the opposition. Billy Proctor is the silent humper who will get you and setup Rayasi with the platform for his rocks-or-diamonds nonsense.
Gales of laughter here after he faked the between the legs, took off on an epic 50 metre break then fucked the whole thing up with a crossfield kick which dribbled into touch.

Match was great drama for the first 38 minutes before the dickhead Canes went full dickhead.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Jesus boys that’s poor. Can Canham tell the fellas when he’s gonna steal the lineout ball so we’re ready.
Always frustrating to win a lineout against the throw only to see a massive loss of territory or turnover because nobody was ready for the steal. With Canham, Holloway, Cale and Frost, someone should always be on guard to collect the steal.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
3 best on ground for the Rebels, Leota, Uelese and Canham. All the local boys who will no longer come through into Super Rugby in the future.

RA needs a reality check, pathways are not there with no professional rugby for juniors to attend. They will go-to League or AFL, AFL was already poaching the best athletes from all sports, just one less to contend with.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Also an easy to fix issue I think. A couple of those line-breaks came from the inside centre... just not being there? Whoever it is has been way out of position a bunch of times and they've gone through completely untouched.
I don't know why we didn't start Joste there. I feel that is hisbposition

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Rebels 8 needs a rest. That’s twice he’s fallen off Barrett and let in a try
I thought the first one was Kailea. Either way, they were the same near that broke us, but credit to them it may have been tired ness because we just did not have enough ball

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Looking at the replay. Never been a fan of Anderson, but both tries left him with a bit to do off very good lead up work and he finished off both nicely.

Not sure there is a future for him at the remaining teams, but I hope he finds a place somewhere is Oz rugby. Back to 7's or maybe at force

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just watched the first half. Canes so good at counter ruck and over the ball. No idea why the ref doesn't call half the canes knock ons though. They just of had 10 in the first half and 6 were called. Lawrence got smashed off the ball running to make a tackle from the ruck and the ref said it was part of the ruck.

The hurricanes got away with one at the end of the first half. Tackled 3m short. Rolls and then driven over to score. You can't roll or crawl. Pretty clear cut. How the hell is rolling momentum ?

Last edited:

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Just watched the first half. Canes so good at counter ruck and over the ball. No idea why the ref doesn't call half the canes knock ons though. They just of had 10 in the first half and 6 were called. Lawrence got smashed off the ball running to make a tackle from the ruck and the ref said it was part of the ruck.

The hurricanes got away with one at the end of the first half. Tackled 3m short. Rolls and then driven over to score. You can't roll or crawl. Pretty clear cut. How the hell is rolling momentum ?
Ah shiggins, you have called so many of these over the years, technically correct but the refs call what they see and interpret what they are taught. Sometime it works out for us but on balance the usual result, with the odd exception is the bettee team wins. If we are good enough to beat that and to be honest on balance, lets say the better team won today. Great effort by my boys but man for man the hurricanes were better.

I am still very sad about it though.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rebels should be proud. The scoreline doesn't look good but it should have been 20-28 with 10 to go if they disallowed the try at the end of the first half. And then they allowed another no try that even the kiwi commentators were surprised with. Canes just too good in attack. At home as well. Would have made a better specitcal score board wise if the refs and tmos did their job and disallowed those trys.