• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC Tokyo 7's - Easter 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Pool A Fiji, England, Wales, Hong Kong
Pool B NZ, Australia, Scotland, Portugal
Pool C SA, USA, Canada, Kenya
Pool D Samoa, Argentina, France, Japan

If Pool B looks familiar that's because it's the same as HK.

Really good analysis of where everyone's at in terms of qualification for Rio here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rio-olympics.14206/

In summary: SA, Fiji & NZ have kicked clear of the field, Australia extended their lead over England in HK.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Shannon Walker with possibly the dumbest play I have ever seen on a rugby field. From a simple dot down he has managed to get done for a shephard on the goal line. Subbed immediately afterwards. Get off. In fact, that raises the spectre of a fix. A bookies payoff regarding his not scoring.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Even if we now lose to NZ we can still qualify for the Cup Quarter Finals if we beat Scotland and they beat Portugal (would come down to points difference).

However, it is now in a situation where it could actually be in the interests of the Scottish players to lose to Portugal, as that would help England, who are qualifying on behalf of GB.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
They hate England too much to allow that to happen! I've lived in Scotland for four years and I know it only too well!

I was the only one cheering at a Dundee pub when England scored a goal against Ukraine in the last World Cup (I didnt cheer for very long mind you), but when the Ukranians scored next, the whole place erupted!

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Jeez some of these Saffa's are brilliant sevens players - power, pace, vision, handling, fitness and the ability to control the speed of the game - they've bloody got it all.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Shannon Walker with possibly the dumbest play I have ever seen on a rugby field. From a simple dot down he has managed to get done for a shephard on the goal line. Subbed immediately afterwards. Get off. In fact, that raises the spectre of a fix. A bookies payoff regarding his not scoring.
Could there be any other explanation? Down 12-dot second half and he does that? That was just ridiculous.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I couldn't understand why the Oz coach Geriant John changed the match plan from the last tournament in which he kept Shannon Walker on the bench to be used as an impact player with great success late in 2nd half.

Instead he started Walker today, why? So it comes down to him really.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Even if we now lose to NZ we can still qualify for the Cup Quarter Finals if we beat Scotland and they beat Portugal (would come down to points difference).

However, it is now in a situation where it could actually be in the interests of the Scottish players to lose to Portugal, as that would help England, who are qualifying on behalf of GB.

Portugal may well defeat Scotland on their own merits, but I couldn't see them throwing the match for any purpose let alone to advantage the English.

The Scots don't mind taking the English cash, but they still need an enemy to hate.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.