• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's - Round 9 - Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
1. Henry Hutchison. Club: Randwick, NSW.
2. Tom Kingston. Club: Sydney University, NSW.
3. Sam Myers. Club: Northern Suburbs.
4. Josh Holmes. Club: Warringah Rats, NSW
5. James Stannard. Club: Souths, QLD.
6. Con Foley. Club: University of Queensland.
7. Cameron Clark. Club: Northern Suburbs.
8. Jesse Parahi. Club: Northern Suburbs, NSW.
9. Ed Jenkins. Club: Sydney University, NSW.
10. Allan Fa'alava'au. Club: Endeavour Hills, VIC.
11. Nick Cummins.
12. Pat McCutcheon. Club: Sydney University.

Pama Fou and Jesse Parahi are both huge inclusions. Hopefully Parahi is in good shape because if he finds form in these two tournaments he will be in our 12 for Rio.
Sam Myers was like a Jesse Parahi-lite last season and is now one of our most important players. If we can have both of those guys in our 12 we really add some physicality and dynamism in our forwards across the entirety of each match.

Have been through the list a number of times but can't find Fou listed. Are you just anticipating his return in London or his fitness for Rio?

Hopefully Parahi comes back as influential as he was previously. Otherwise, I think there are still a couple in the Paris listing who are unlikely to make it to Rio or are yet to cement their spots, namely Kingston, Holmes, Cummins and McCutcheon.

I'd think Fou and Killingworth are likely to replace two of them, and a couple of others who missed out here might get a run at London and be in the picture for Rio.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Have been through the list a number of times but can't find Fou listed. Are you just anticipating his return in London or his fitness for Rio?

Hopefully Parahi comes back as influential as he was previously. Otherwise, I think there are still a couple in the Paris listing who are unlikely to make it to Rio or are yet to cement their spots, namely Kingston, Holmes, Cummins and McCutcheon.

I'd think Fou and Killingworth are likely to replace two of them, and a couple of others who missed out here might get a run at London and be in the picture for Rio.

Woops, I misread the article.

Pama Fou is definitely back for the London tournament.

Full article here:
http://rugby.com.au/news/2016/05/05/21/16/friend-makes-five-changes-for-paris

T

TOCC

Crowd figures are tracking for an abysmal result, 18'000 tickets sold across 3 days with more then 60'000 on offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is on Fox Sports as below

Qantas Australian Men's Sevens fixtures in Paris, France, 14-15 May
Australia v Brazil, Pool C, 5.34am AEST (14 May, Day 1)
Australia v England, Pool C, 9.04pm AEST (14 May, Day 2)
Australia v South Africa, Pool C, 12.15pm AEST (15 May, Day 2)

Reactions: TKO

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
The big news is that Fou is in full training again.

The old big news is that Parahi is back in Sevens, and the present big news is that Friend has judged him Sevens-fit enough to take to Paris. I'll be watching him like a hawk.

If these two get are available and ready for the Olympics it will increase our chances of getting a medal more than is thought.

A pity about Allan F being sick

Good to see Hutchison back - I like watching him using his rugby smarts. It would do Aussie Sevens well to keep him after this year but I think he is too good to keep out of Super Rugby.

I've read comments that he would too small to play Super Rugby since he was 15 years old but he is one out of the box and I don't doubt that he will be snapped up.

Doesn't bode well for the following, left out despite not being injured:
  • Sam Figg
  • Simon Kennewell
  • Boyd Killingworth
  • Connor Mitchell
  • John Porch
  • Stephan van der Walt
  • Frank Winterstein
No huge surprises except perhaps Holmes ahead of van der Walt or Killingworth; maybe the return of Parahi pushes Boyd out.
We're in a great position with the depth on offer now

Not all exclusions are on form and it's the same for the other teams also.

Kennewell has been out for the season and started playing just recently and was chosen in the Oz U20 squad.

BK has gone to Paris to replace AF as Braveheart advised us, but I'd have him in my Rio team.

The rebirth of Parahi as a Sevens player, should he prove that he is back to scratch, is not good news for van der Walt or the injured Cusack, who have had some good games this season.

I think eight of the twelve in Paris are Rio bound - and another three are at home are not available - Allan F, Fou and Holland.

I'm not sure who my twelfth player is but it could be a midfield-type like Clark - maybe it's Kingston, and there are nine in Paris - or maybe it's Winterstein.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Assuming everyone is fit apart from those with long term injuries, this would be my 12 for Rio.

Jenkins (c)
Myers
Parahi
Fa'alava'au
Killingworth/McCutcheon (I think Cutch is a smokey if he plays 2 good tournaments)
Clark
Holland
Fou
Stannard
Hutchison
Jeloudev/Kingston
Foley

It's certainly going to be a really tight contest for the last few spots which is exactly what we need. Good players missing out is the best sign of our overall strength.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
That's my team too basically - forgot about Jelly, but that's the twelfth position that's up for grabs for me. It will depend on whether Friend wants a third flyer to go with HH and Fou or a centre-type to supplement Clark

I'd have Killingworth ahead of Cutch because when they have both been fit Killingworth has done more.

It's a good squad and practically picks itself with two tournaments to go to change our minds.

Let's hope that everybody is fit enough to be selected - especially Fou: he has a point of difference that nobody else has.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
That's my team too basically - forgot about Jelly, but that's the twelfth position that's up for grabs for me. It will depend on whether Friend wants a third flyer to go with HH and Fou or a centre-type to supplement Clark

I'd have Killingworth ahead of Cutch because when they have both been fit Killingworth has done more.

It's a good squad and practically picks itself with two tournaments to go to change our minds.

Let's hope that everybody is fit enough to be selected - especially Fou: he has a point of difference that nobody else has.

Interesting talks and meetings with Friend with a former NSW 1s former Schoolboy Rugby Player who is a flyer, has caught the attention of Friend

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Interesting talks and meetings with Friend with a former NSW 1s Schoolboy Rugby Player who is an absolute flyer and will be training with the team

Gee, it's a bit late in the day for the Olympics, I would have thought. Maybe he is being given a try out for next season?

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Gee, it's a bit late in the day for the Olympics, I would have thought. Maybe he is being given a try out for next season?

What I have heard there have been lots of talks from overseas and meetings. This player has had a training session which has been impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.