• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: ROUND 5 - LAS VEGAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
4 - 6 March

Pool A: New Zealand, Kenya, Portugal, Russia
Pool B: Australia, England, Scotland, Japan
Pool C: Fiji, Argentina, Samoa, France
Pool D: South Africa, USA, Canada, Wales

Standings after four Rounds:

1= Fiji (69)
1= South Africa (69)
1= New Zealand (69)
4= Australia (54)
4= Argentina (54)
6 England (51)
7 USA (49)
8 Kenya (42)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Quade is in!

Pat McCutcheon is also making his debut.

Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens squad for the Las Vegas Sevens at Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas:
1. Henry Hutchison. Club: Randwick, NSW. Hometown: Crows Nest, NSW
2. Tom Kingston. Club: Sydney University, NSW. Hometown: Sydney, NSW
3. Sam Myers. Club: Northern Suburbs, NSW. Hometown: Grenfell, NSW
4. Boyd Killingworth. Club: Warringah Rats, NSW. Hometown: Collaroy, NSW
5. Tom Lucas. Club: Sunnybank. Hometown: Rockhampton, QLD
6. Con Foley. Club: University of Queensland. Hometown: Brisbane, QLD
7. Cameron Clark. Club: Northern Suburbs. Place of Birth: Auckland, NZ
8. Greg Jeloudev. Club: Sydney University, NSW. Hometown: Sydney, NSW
9. Ed Jenkins. Club: Sydney University, NSW. Hometown: Sydney, NSW
10. Allan Fa'alava'au. Club: Endeavour Hills, VIC. Hometown: Melbourne, VIC
11. Quade Cooper. Club: Toulon, France. Place of Birth: Auckland, NZ
12. Pat McCutcheon. Club: Sydney University, NSW. Place of Birth: Narromine, NSW

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
an interesting mix there. Obviously QC (Quade Cooper) and Pat Mac, and then Killingworth back too.

Lewis Holland having a break.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon at this stage you could lock the following players into Australia's best side:

Ed Jenkins
Cam Clark
James Stannard
Lewis Holland
Henry Hutchinson
Con Foley
Sam Myers

Pama Fou will join them if he gets healthy.

Allan Fa'alava'au probably just about certain although if Quade Cooper dazzles he could potentially fill that playmaking role.

If all the above players make it, that probably leaves two more forward spots and one back spot for the squad.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Not much between Hutchinson and Jeloudev, and Myers and Tom Cusack imo, and Boyd Killingworth is just hard as nails. Those three could make up the balance.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm disappointed Speight is not there.
All he needs is miles on the clock.
But they keep picking Kingston.
Comparing Kingston to Speight, is like comparing Simpsons donkey to Black Caviar.

For whatever reason Speight hasn't committed to the Sevens for the whole season. He's playing for the Brumbies. He certainly isn't just not playing because they've chosen Kingston ahead of him.

I agree that Kingston isn't up to it. From what I can gather he ended up in the 7s squad because he couldn't get a Super Rugby contract.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What a weekend of rugby - I feel tired already.

You tell me, last Saturday 4am Uk time, Sunwolves match to start the day (I get up at 4.30am for work M to F) and 3 Super matches following then the 6 nations matches til 7pm!

Being in the UK or Europe is the best place to be in for watching televised games held at any place in the world!

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
No trust. No width. Limited skills. If it wasn't for Russia, Portugal and Wales, we'd be in danger of relegation.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Your guys should have been 7 tries up at least. No competency. Fa'ala'avau playing the best I've seen him play, Hutchison looks a great finisher, a 15s team will probably poach him after the Olympics.

T

TOCC

I missed this game but I have been very impressed with Fa'ala'avau this season..

Quade Cooper made his debut, how did he go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I thought he did ok. Played about 5 minutes off the bench. First pass was a bit wayward, and he didn't have a huge amount to do, but I don't think he looked out of place at all.

With a bit more experience he might just make it. Looks to have a vision and playmaking ability that we lack at the moment.

It was only game 1 against mediocre opposition. But so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.