• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: ROUND 3 - WELLINGTON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Some odd refereeing decisions in the NZ v SA game. That was definately a maul that went to ground. SA scrum, not NZ penalty. Anyway, life continues....

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I will have to look at that again, but I could have sworn there were enough bodies there for it to be a maul.
5 bodies, Kiwi carrier and 4 Saffas. Ioane is close, but deliberately opts not to join the tackle when the carrier is wrapped up. Ref doesn't call Maul, saffas realise their mistake and start driving towards the kiwi line, carrier hits the ground and the tacklers don't roll. Penalty to black.

The slightly odd one for mine was the a scrum, where instead of a short arm to Green for early driving, it was a full arm to black for pulling on the NZ forward.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Re Quade. With next to no familiarisation with the squad and its plays, and little (recent at least) 7s involvement, if any at all, I really don't expect him to make the grade. Similarly, most disappointed with how Tom Kingston is adapting to the game. Missed tackles, out of position, poor handling and little impact on the opposition defensive lines. Seems it is quite difficult making the transition.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
QF's from 0830 Q-time, 0930 AEDT:

Bowl: Scotland v Portugal, France v Japan, Canada v Russia, Wales v Samoa

Cup: New Zealand v Kenya, England v Argentina, Australia v South Africa, USA v Fiji

Akira Ioane - future All Black star.

Looks like a ready-made replacement for Kaino & should be hitting his full potential around the time the B&IL tour :)

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Pretty basic rugby errors by the Aussies so far.
Incorrect tap, multiple handling errors and 30% missed tackles. Just not good enough.

T

TOCC

Yep Australia getting well outplayed by South Africa..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
I reckon they look very lacklustre in attack. Quite One-Dimensional. I reckon Quade will give a decent boost to creativity, which I reckon is much needed.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
USA vs Fiji, gonna be a cracker I reckon. Out and out speed and power by both teams. The yanks should fancy themselves you'd think.

T

TOCC

I reckon they look very lacklustre in attack. Quite One-Dimensional. I reckon Quade will give a decent boost to creativity, which I reckon is much needed.

Perhaps, they do lack a quality ball distributor, actually the overall passing in the team is poor at best.. I doubt that Quade will seamlessly transition into the squad though, I think it will take a few tournaments to get used to the tempo and work rate and I don't think he has the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I'd said it before, but Stannard looks like Colin Gregor did last year.

Sevens needed to jump on Ben Lucas when the reds chose not to re-sign him, there was a good 4 or 5 months between the end of his contract and signing on in France.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Straya 17-5 USA USA USA & into the Plate Final v Argentina.

Once young Hutchison gets his D sorted he's gonna be some player.........

Status
Not open for further replies.