• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Wake up and smell the roses,the world is a changing and so has Ramndwick rugby, its the marketing to other private schools that will be the future????????????
We should take all comers...
Poido has Newington covered
Hoilesey has his eye on Waverley
What wrong with miking Scots as well??

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
How good is Zeb Holmes-Baer going in the front row in seconds !!!
Another very promising talent up from colts this year.
Very potent pairing in the centres in 2nds also -- Paea and Waqa. They'll run riot at Nepean on Saturday.
Mate Zeb is the real deal thats for sure, first full year and Prop too. Could be anything

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate Zeb is the real deal thats for sure, first full year and Prop too. Could be anything
I thought he was lazy at first sight, but gee was I wrong . Against Warringah his speed off the mark to get to the ball then the work on the ball was great. He read the play well.

Was he carrying a long term injury?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting message from Wade Kelly on the Wicks website (so much for the 3 year plan!!!):

Three year plan.......What a load of crap.
Every time any sporting club signs a new coach you hear the best excuse for failure from Day 1
" I've got a three year plan"
Ha! What are we doing between now and then?????
"We're in a rebuilding phase"
"A total clean out was needed and we are starting afresh"
All I can see in those words is this ......
"If we stuff up in the next two years then don't blame me!"
Now don't get me wrong things don't happen overnight and sure areas can be improved but 3 years???? Come on!

The best one I ever saw was Matt Williams at Scotland;
"I'm so proud to take the National job. Success is not going to come over night. I've got a 5 year plan"
Geeze!!!
The next three six nations were interesting........50,000 screaming Scotsmen at Murrayfield cheering on a team that was going out there just to what? Make up the numbers?
Needless to say Williams was sacked after three and the new coach stepped in with what? You guessed it .........a three year plan.

Funny thing is I keep hearing people saying "yeah the boys are doing alright and I like the youngsters getting a go. Seems like its all part of Kelly's three year plan"

To the people saying it, any chance you can forward the plan it to me at wkelly@randwickrugby.com.au

I'll tell what plan we've got at the Wicks and it won't take long:
- provide a great program on and off the field
- train hard
- pick the best players
- play to win
- enjoy the experience
- repeat

Nowhere in that is a time frame. It's just an on going process of building on what was already there.

When I can't do that then it's time for someone else better to take over. That day will come as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow and I for one will not be standing behind the excuse of a three year plan!

Up the Wicks
Wade

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought he was lazy at first sight, but gee was I wrong . Against Warringah his speed off the mark to get to the ball then the work on the ball was great. He read the play well.

Was he carrying a long term injury?

Not sure about an injury but it's great to see a front rower coming off the field exhausted not just from his effort in the scrums but from his work at the breakdown, in defence and ball carries.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Going to be an interesting 4 weeks of footy. Road trip to Penrith and then Norths, Souths and Uni. Big ask to win all four however, they are in with a chance against the last three. Bonus points will be crucial to the outcome of their final position on the ladder? Winning takes that question away.

Always a difficult trip to Penrith no matter how well the home team are going!!

Been an enjoyable season to watch the way they've played.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Do I need to get a collection of your posts together to outline my point???? Your not fooling anyone back to the colts forum to pump up southern districts, we will see how that works for you.
Do I need to get a collection of your posts together to outline my point???? Your not fooling anyone back to the colts forum to pump up southern districts, we will see how that works for you.
Very touchy, do I need your permission to before I reply to a thread on any forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.