• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

while I am glad the Reds won, WTF happened to Genia!?! I'm having a shocker in the first round and his -14 points so far isn't helping.
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should have gone with the majority and should have gone with Pretorius rather

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Regretting picking Ioane now. Accidently left Lilo on the bench and he scored 30+ points for the Brumbies. Oh well

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'll admit I only picked Leon Power because he was cheap and has an awesome name, but he made 18 tackles and played 80 minutes so one to keep an eye on...

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
On a whim I had James Hanson as my captain, and he top scored the round (well tied with Ben Alexander). Pity my other picks kind of sucked.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just looked at SBW's current points stats, am surprised that offloads are worth only one point, was it worth more last year?

Yeah, they were either 2 or 3 points last year. If offloads are seriously just one point, players like SBW and Cooper are not going to score nearly as well this year. Might have to rethink SBW then :(

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The lack of tries scored and the scrappy nature of the games means this round is pretty low scoring and pretty close.

I wouldn't worry too much if you didn't have a great week this week, as you aren't far behind the top guys. You'll see the table sort itself out when the games start opening up in a couple of weeks and players start pulling down 50+ hauls.

My one early observation is the changes to prop scoring have made a big difference. A good game could easily pull a 50+ score, which was virtually unheard of before.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Victor Vito with -7. Having flashbacks to last year with Nonu getting sent off.

And now I have the dilemma of trying to chase the points with my transfers this week, or sit it out and hope.

As bad as it is watching Vito score badly this week, it'll hurt even more if I trade him and he scores big next week.

S

spooony

Yeah, they were either 2 or 3 points last year. If offloads are seriously just one point, players like SBW and Cooper are not going to score nearly as well this year. Might have to rethink SBW then :(
Well he made 2 offloads and have beaten 2 defenders but he missed 1 tackle and gave away 1 penalty. It is not because he did not have a good match but players like SBW can't do much if his team have something like 33 percent possession. He had to tackle most of the game rather than run of pass. So I will look at his pack why they did not get more ball.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
332 points so far - I am happy enough with this considering some of my picks struggled. But only good enough for 99 in the G&GR league! Very tough league.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Here are a few players who I like the look of after week 1:

- Eben Etzebeth, a lock from the Stormers. Only $100K and looks just as good as Bekker if not better. Raw, bruising runner.

- Johann Goosen, five-eighth from the Cheetahs. Young but looks the goods. Scored 28 points but that was with a sin-binning. A good hard running 10 who takes on the line a lot and can kick the house down. A steal at $150K.

- Nick Koster, 8 from the Stormers. Has been around a while but just starting to get run-on positions. Great ball runner but has a good brain on him as well. $250K and will get plenty of chances with Schalk out for 6 weeks.

- Rudi Wulf, wing from the Blues. Just come back from a stint in the NH and looked very dangerous in a scrappy game. Looks like a slightly more reliable version of Toeava. $250K.

- Higgers. I reckon he is in for a big season, and I reckon he is a must-pick coming into a slightly easier game against the Force. Pricey at $400K but if you've got the cash then get him in there.

I didn't see the Bulls/Sharks game and only caught the second half of Chiefs/Clan. So I'm unsure who are the good picks there.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree with you on Wulf BarBar. Was thinking during the game - shit wish I had left him there.

Also thinking the same with Mogg from the Brums - He was only $75 K wasn't he. But they have the bye this weekend.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Agree about Higgers.

A backrow of Higgers, Adam Thompson & Messam looks to be the optimal scoring combo

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Also thinking the same with Mogg from the Brums - He was only $75 K wasn't he. But they have the bye this weekend.

Unfortunately, the number of games he ends up playing will not be dependent on his skill, but on injuries to other Brumbies players due to his being contracted as part of the EPS.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah, not a great start. Thought I'd throw habana in, figuring at 13 he'd get a bit more of a look in, but forgetting he is shit now...

Status
Not open for further replies.