• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Same people said the same about Izzy. Hunt was better at league and better at AFL he maybe better at Union as well.

If all our players are fit and firing though I dont think he makes the starting 15. Could possiably Jarg a squad spot if he has a steller year

Hunt, who was only intermittently a regular starter for the Maroons and Kangaroos, was better at league than Folau? Really? Some reinvention going on there.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
WTF
QLD tight 5 (except Kepu).
They must have a bloody good coach up there !!

his name is Nick Stiles and he coaches one hell of a set piece, see the Reds tight head pushover try and Brisbane City's scrum for reference.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Im calling it.
TGC does not look good in a coat and tie
1415848826643.jpg

He's definitely a track suit man isn't he.:)

I think the Wallabies had just been to the Remembrance Day service at l'Arc de Triomphe, which sort of narrows the dress options though.

B

Bobby Sands

Hunt, who was only intermittently a regular starter for the Maroons and Kangaroos, was better at league than Folau? Really? Some reinvention going on there.

Hi Groucho,

He was a better footballer everyday of the week.

Israel was a better finisher and athlete, and therefor perfect for a rep side with such good players inside him.

The skills of the two are not even a comparison.

Ie the difference between Lote & Mat Rogers. Athlete & footballer.

T

Train Without a Station

Lezbehonest. Hunt competed with players like Slater and Bowen for a single position. Izzy completed with players like Mogg and an early career Darius Boyd for 2 positions.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
McMahon the luckiest bloke in the squad after last week's showing.

He didn't set the world on fire did he? Dropping him was easier but Cheika gave him a second chance.

Good for him.

Think you guys harsh....as McMahon played a much better second half than first half so fact turned it around in second half in first test means absolutely deserves a second chance....although I thought it might be from the bench...but showed he could adjust as very different game to recent baa baa and NRC games which lot looser....

So Cheika giving a chance to see if can continue to improve on improvement already made in second half..I think he deserves a decent run and as long as shows continued improvement all good for me....

B

Bobby Sands

Don't forget also that K played a game of SOG starting at 5/8 with no regular season gametime in the position, such was the faith in him as a complete footballer.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hunts my roughie outsider to play RWC.....Hunt at 12 - wow...what a backline that starts to look....ummm....although wing options still limited....hmmm.....the honey badger back for world cup perhaps.....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Lezbehonest. Hunt competed with players like Slater and Bowen for a single position. Izzy completed with players like Mogg and an early career Darius Boyd for 2 positions.

They each have a different skill set and physical attributes - just like trying to compare Michael Hooper with Stephen Moore. Folau is fantastic at what he does and here's hoping that Hunt will prove as good doing what he does. I think he probably will and I'm excited that he'll be playing super rugby in 2015 and in the mix for Wallaby selection.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Not that it means much but hunt is probably the only footballer with a crazier schoolboy reputation than Beale. He was dominant in league from a very young age, was very good when he played the fifteen man code overseas, and has been somewhat successful at AFL - more so than Folau. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the RWC squad.. time will tell

B

Bobby Sands

Best schoolboy player in QLD in the last 15 years. Pocock, QC (Quade Cooper), To'omua, Browning, Sautia, Toua all considered and four of them played within four years of each other at the same school, so it was relatively easy to compare.

He was also only 16 at the time.

End rant.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Pardon my French, but I think this is their side

That's the same starting team.

They played pretty well in the last half-hour against Fiji , I thought, and new fullback Spedding, a muscular runner, had a cracking debut. New winger Teddy Thomas (what a name for a Frenchman) was also dynamic scoring a hat trick.

But the real surprise for me was another rookie, 13 Dumoulin, who was hard to handle.

10 Lopez has been in great form for Clermont and managed the game well and Tales looked in good nick when he replaced Lopez

France had all the possession and territory before the break last week, but had no continuity and couldn't take their chances, but in the second half they looked a lot slicker and put Fiji away.

A game of two halves.

I don't have too many concerns for this test match but I remember having the same thoughts two years ago and we got creamed.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
He didn't set the world on fire did he? Dropping him was easier but Cheika gave him a second chance.

Good for him.

I'm glad they backed him. Would have not been flash for a young players confidence to drop him. I'm sure he would have had a week of coaches in his ear. I think he could really have a lot to offer playing the French.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)

Hunt did fight closely with Billy Slater for the QLD fullback spots for a few years. I'd rate Slater as the best league fullback of all time. That's saying something.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is all a bit off topic but.. I think Hunt could turn out to be the back up for Folau we are looking for at Full Back. I know a lot of people are talking about him as a centre but he has all of the qualities we are looking for at full back. Extremely confident under the high ball, comfortable playing at the back, loves to run the ball back into contact, outstanding boot, reads the game expertly. Doesn't have the counter attack ability of the likes of Folau or Beale but has other strengths. If Folau goes down injured (touch wood) Hunt could be a good option.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
This is all a bit off topic but.. I think Hunt could turn out to be the back up for Folau we are looking for at Full Back. I know a lot of people are talking about him as a centre but he has all of the qualities we are looking for at full back. Extremely confident under the high ball, comfortable playing at the back, loves to run the ball back into contact, outstanding boot, reads the game expertly. Doesn't have the counter attack ability of the likes of Folau or Beale but has other strengths. If Folau goes down injured (touch wood) Hunt could be a good option.

Yep, that's where I see him in the mix also, so long as he proves he is up to scratch at Super level first.

B

Bobby Sands

Hunt will play 15 for the Reds no doubt about it.

With Izzy at the back, the spot for him would be 12. But depending on how he goes he could play 15, and allow Izzy to be put back on the wing.

I can't see him not in the XV, he is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.