• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Tahs, round 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What really worries me is that Growden says the Tahs will win by 50. Given the high esteem that I hold for the man's journalistic abilities, I'm more worried than before. :(

Growden is a know-nothing cock trumpet who should probably disappear up his own corpulent arse. He did absolutely zero for rugby journalism for years at SMH and I can't believe ESPN were gormlessly stupid enough to pick up a turd.

T

tranquility

I'm sure rugby could benefit from adopting some AFL marking techniques. I don't see why in rugby you cant go up in some situations and take (mark) the ball above the head instead of taking it on the chest all the time.
:confused:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Growden is a no-nothing cock trumpet who should probably disappear up his own corpulent arse. He did absolutely zero for rugby journalism for years at SMH and I can't believe ESPN were gormlessly stupid enough to pick up a turd.

LOL, phrase of the day. Well played. It's right up there with fart knocker or knob jockey for mine.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sure rugby could benefit from adopting some AFL marking techniques. I don't see why in rugby you cant go up in some situations and take (mark) the ball above the head instead of taking it on the chest all the time.

Because your ribs would hate you if you caught a ball like an AFL mark.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Tahs have won the last 4 matches in a row against the Force so the stats would indicate that it will be a comfortable win for the men from NSW.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Waratahs are conceding less than 7 points in the second half this year. #1 in the comp. That's a surprise.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
@Pfitzy there are lots of practices from that code that do not translate particularly well to Heavensgame, such as:
1. Selection of places to defecate
2. relationship with animals
3. Behaviour at the season launch
4. Appropriateness of Mad Monday activities
5. respect for women, partners and girlfriends
6. Supplements

to name but a few.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^That is a foregone conclusion @Lindommer.

Nothing to talk about apart from discussion as to the magnitude of the Tahs victory margin.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One thing I find amazing is that the bookies have the Force starting at $2.70 outsiders against the Tahs at $1.45.

As far as I can see, the only thing that really favours them is the fact that they've never lost in Perth. Certainly they've never come up against a Force team like this that is brimming with confidence after four wins on the trot.

Personally I would have thought it should be very close to even money.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Doesn't the amount of money bet on a team also effect the odds?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doesn't the amount of money bet on a team also effect the odds?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If there is a flood of money on the Force then the odds will tighten because the bookies will be worried that they got the odds wrong. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Super Rugby betting markets are pretty small in general.

Regardless of who you think will win, having a team that has won four straight at home and being rank outsiders is pretty astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.