• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Rebels - Friday the 7th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fingers crossed it is a great game that both teams can be proud of, regardless of the result. And a crowd over 10k.

B

BLR

19748903_1447058748666203_1107848004019640154_n.jpg

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
As the Melbourne Rebels and Western Force prepare to meet in Perth on Friday evening, leaders from both teams have joined forces to address the uncertainty clouding both team’s futures in Super Rugby.
Western Force legend and RUPA Board Member Matt Hodgson said his side have no intention of the match being an “us against them” battle in any aspect other than what happens on the field.
“We’ve put in a lot of hard work over the June break and we’re really looking forward to ripping in on Friday night to do the Sea of Blue proud against the Rebels,” Hodgson said.
“We really want to take the points, but we know that whoever wins takes bragging rights only and that this game won’t decide if either team still has a future in the competition. I’m very grateful that the media this week has focused on the game itself and not the ARU’s attempts to cut a team.
“All players remain united in our belief that the best interests of Rugby in Australia are best served by the retention of five teams and maintaining our national footprint with both Western Australia and Victoria.”
Rebels centre Tom English, also a RUPA Board member, echoed Hodgson’s sentiments.
“We can’t wait to get back on the field this Friday night and finish the season as strongly as we possibly can. That 80 minutes is our time to escape the ongoing uncertainty and stress that this dragged-out process has created.
“All of us at the Rebels have a great deal of empathy for what the Force players have been put through this season, having experienced it ourselves and I’m sure we’ll all catch up post-game to support each other.
“I’d like to thank all players from around the country for their solidarity in these hard times. The welfare of all affected players and staff is paramount, and we’ve all really appreciated your phone calls and support. We will continue to prepare and play as best as we possibly can while our futures are decided at a Boardroom level.”

http://www.rupa.com.au/rupa-news/story/battle-only-between-the-white-lines

L

Leo86

Im happy with the team. Obviously McCalman still out and I heard cottrell is playing club rugby again

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Urgh. Lomax out, Fereti at reserve tighthead.

Would have preferred to see Maddocks start at 15 but Placid has been decent in his last few games.

No BVV or Siliva.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Or Leafa or Jack D (still injured ? or persona non grata ?) or Dom Day and it looks like a whole season without Jeffries or Metcher

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Benny V would still be in camp Fiji for World Cup qualifiers though, yes?

Without an unavailable list, I have to assume that's best available, and fuck me, that's a lot of boys missing.

Think if the game is to be won, it needs to be won early. Tessman and Lance well outshine anything our bench has to offer (no offense intended towards any of the boys) (maybe retallick)

M

Moono75

Thats a nice Force team. They'll bring plenty of commitment under Adam Coleman as our captain my captain!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
From mine, if Lance is fit to play he should start, and if he's not he shouldn't be in the 23.

That being said, as a Rebels fan I'm quite happy to Grant to go full Saffa and kick to our back 3 and Mafi standing deep.

L

Leo86

Agreed. Im a big fan of Lance so want to be sure hes good long term

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah Grants been very good the last few games compared to last year. Also its Wessels style to reward good play, he is all about building culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.