• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Rebels - Friday the 7th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
A lot of emotion with this match, keep the thread clean and respectful. Remember both sets of fans are hurting this year.

Only discuss the match here.

Special Rules:
1) NO ARU TALK
2) NO TALK ABOUT WHO'S GETTING THE CHOP
3) NO TALK ABOUT WHICH PLAYERS WILL GO WELL AT THE OTHER TEAM
4) NO TALK ABOUT COX/VIC Government/WA Government
5) RESPECT EACH OTHER

B

BLR

Respect a Victorian? NEVER! :p

Seriously though, judging by some of the results in the Saffa conference last weekend this test break could have broken any momentum either team could have had. Could very well be a banana skin match for the mighty Force.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Too true BLR, you can never be sure how either team will come out of the break, and while I completely neutral will be quite interested to see how this one pans out.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Perhaps there will be more interest in the individual performances than in the result? Is Lance fit and playing? Could he come into Wallabies' contention? Ditto RHP?

Will Koroibete outplay Rona or Peni? Is DHP fit and well? How will Lomax go against the Force old stagers in the front row?

L

Leo86

Article on roar staes that Hodgo to miss game with calf injury but McCalman, Peni and Lance possible to play.

M

Moono75

This game is could go any way after the test break. Bad weather forecast and its school holidays so the crowd may be a problem. Dont worry I'll be there.

D

daz

I'm not sure there is too much at stake in this game, apart from the normal conference points, and of course the even more valuable bragging rights.

I really don't see how the outcome of this match will somehow influence any potential 2018 decision (and I am sure that there will be a fair few "journo" columns leading into this match death-riding both teams for click-bait), but that's just me.

Given the abysmal season of the Rebels, I cannot in any way tip them to get over the Force. I hope they do, naturally, but while there is no team in the Oz conference that can say they have had a great good half-decent season in 2017, the best that the Rebels can claim going into this match is under-under-under-dog status.

Yeah, I know. As far as pep-talks go, that was ordinary. I feel like the game-caller in "Major League" pre-winning season; just me, a bottle of bourbon, and vast quantities of indifference.

B

BLR

Given the abysmal season of the Rebels, I cannot in any way tip them to get over the Force. I hope they do, naturally, but while there is no team in the Oz conference that can say they have had a great good half-decent season in 2017, the best that the Rebels can claim going into this match is under-under-under-dog status.

You aren't claiming that status!

Historically when the Force have been favoured the Rebels have got over the top of us. History shows the Force are the ultra underdogs.

Plus the rain is due to favour the Victorians. It's going to be very tough for the boys in (nice looking) blue.

But, as we all know, that's where the Force thrive so with their ultra underdog status they should give the Rebels a good fight and could pull off one of our many tremendous against the odds victories.

D

daz

But, as we all know, that's where the Force thrive so with their ultra underdog status they should give the Rebels a good fight and could pull off one of our many tremendous against the odds victories.

The Force are above the Rebels on the conference ladder (I guess being due to the Force winning more games this year!), and are playing at home. I'm no sports bet expert, but isn't that the very opposite of against the odds?

I actually think this could turn out to be one of the worst games in the history of Super Rugby; two teams that are mentally and emotionally spent, and I think the last thing either of them want to do right now is run out onto the field.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Force are above the Rebels on the conference ladder (I guess being due to the Force winning more games this year!), and are playing at home. I'm no sports bet expert, but isn't that the very opposite of against the odds?

I actually think this could turn out to be one of the worst games in the history of Super Rugby; two teams that are mentally and emotionally spent, and I think the last thing either of them want to do right now is run out onto the field.

The worst game surely has to be the Lions v Sunwolves last weekend,

So I am not confident this weekend, even if the Rebels hold the advantage 9-3 over the Force. Or 5-1 at NIB. I don't think the time off has done any team a favor as Super Rugby 2017 just needs to be over already.

L

Leo86

Out of 12 matches all but 1 finished with 7 or less of a margin. History says it should be a good game

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Out of 12 matches all but 1 finished with 7 or less of a margin. History says it should be a good game
And that one I just happenend to be in Perth for a week so stayed on for the weekend. TT made a ton of changes and had to use subs after 20 min.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

L

Leo86

And that one I just happenend to be in Perth for a week so stayed on for the weekend. TT made a ton of changes and had to use subs after 20 min.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

You in Perth this Friday? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.