• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Blues, Round 13, 21 May 2016, NIB Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who did the ruck work against the Blues?

2016-05-23_5-46-50.jpg

Remember:
1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Involvements over time

2016-05-23_5-46-04.jpg

Impressive efforts by Coleman, Scoble, Miller and R Haylett-Petty.
Gutsy effort against all odds by Hodgson.
Seeyou next year Captain Courageous.
Above average effort by McCalman.

Best efforts by Backs:
Morahan & Godwin - 18 Total (17 Attack/1 Defence);

Despite all of the rhetoric I thought it was a spirited effort against a talented but inconsistent Blues outfit.

Another poor effort from another ref on "L" plates at this level.
Sadly this is the standard that the lower teams have to simply get used to and do their best to adapt.
This was Jamie Nutbrown's 3rd Super Rugby game and he appeared over-whelmed by the occasion and never took control of the game.
Incredibly poor - inconsistent management of the breakdown and Blues offside situation.
2 Yellow Cards to the Blues came too late to make a difference.
Fast line-speed is one thing but the Blues off-side play should have been managed better from the get-go and ruined the game as a spectacle.

DH-P try should have gone to the TMO instead of being brought back to the infringement.
Dane rolled out of the high tackle, was clearly free of any tackler when he hit the ground and was entitled to go over the line.
Don't try and tell me that this wouldn't have changed most opinions re this game.

Have no issue with the Kyle dis-allowed try. Brache's interference simply dumb!

Impressed by the way the team maintained their effort after Hodgson's tragic departure for the season.

Can't understand why it's always unsupported single runners continually taking the ball into contact only 5m from the try line. No-one gets coached this way. Just plain stupid laziness by the players. From observation - it's not how they train!

Most Ruck Involvements from Round 13.

2016-05-23_6-07-24.jpg

2016-05-23_6-06-38.jpg

Clearly Hodgson was pushing for another 40 Ruck Involvement effort.
I reckon these 6 Force can stand very tall (even Rusty and Guy) amongst some good company this week.

As usual the table is dominated by Back Rowers - plus 3 Front Rowers (2 Force) and 3 Locks (2 Force).

Only 4 players from this list were in the 2015 RWC squad.
If you recall the Wallabies were totally worked over at the breakdown by the ABs in the RWC Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.