• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

England vs Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Match report from Twickenham:

Albeit the Welsh team being stuck in traffic somewhere in London for the most of the match, the English team only racked up 25 points in 70 minutes of uncontested training run and somehow manage to even concede a try, even the opposition isn't there.

Finally the Welsh appear at the Twickenham turf on the 72 minute of the game and score two tries in quick succession and threaten to go three in just a couple minutes, but winger George North is judged to have a knee in touch during a half break and England take the win.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well plenty of things for ch to think about. Shame it's Italy we re playing. Back row was far better without capt sam. Faletau could finally get out wider in support. Charteris stopped the lineouts debacle and took the load off awj. Rhys Webb played better than Davies. Sanjay played out of his skin. He's gotta move beyond the defensive mindset

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Well done England. I have to say I won a motzer after placing a bet when Jones was appointed coach. That's enough improvement.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Match report from Twickenham:

Albeit the Welsh team being stuck in traffic somewhere in London for the most of the match, the English team only racked up 25 points in 70 minutes of uncontested training run and somehow manage to even concede a try, even the opposition isn't there.

Finally the Welsh appear at the Twickenham turf on the 72 minute of the game and score two tries in quick succession and threaten to go three in just a couple minutes, but winger George North is judged to have a knee in touch during a half break and England take the win.

Yeah, that was it. A dreary game of rugby with occasional spurts of anger.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This has been the worst six nations tournament in a long time. Uninspiring.

Australia and New Zealand are leaving the rest of the world behind when it comes to basic skills and vision of players.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think the best news is that Eddie wants the orcs to get back the arrogance of the lord bald era. So all the world can get back to hating them again

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Jones will now start changing (or at least after the French game) how the English play, and I expect to see a few more changes in selections.

Where to for Wales? I know many people continue to say that the close losses prove that Gatland has Wales very competitive with a small player pool. With that sort of attitude Japan would never have gone anywhere near beating SA. I admit it is easier for a minnow team to play with abandon and care more for the style of their game than the result as nobody expects a win. It is all about the journey and how they approach the game.

My argument against Gatland's tactics is simply that whilst he has managed to get consistency and some success in the 6N outside of that small pond Wales are rarely a threat. Even against a South African side coached by DeVilliers and the Robbie Deans Wallabies, possibly the worst periods of play either side has put together in the professional era. IMO the Gatland tactics do not make use of the talents of the players at his disposal and actually limit the possible outcomes instead of the admittedly riskier path that allows for outperformance.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Gatland has not changed a single thing about how Wales play since his first day in the job. He is the luckiest coach in the world. Seems he can do no wrong.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought England were very impressive for 40-50 in this game and we should be worried when we play them. They will be a much tougher prospect than their RWC form suggested. They played with their characteristic muscle in the set pieces and the collisions, but they've combined that with some pace, good passing and dynamism from the pigs in the loose. That Itoje kiddie is a find isn't he! They'll be a real handful I think. The key will be to do to them at the breakdown what we did last year and cause their attacking pill to be static and force them to kick.

Wales, well what can you say. They were awful for 70 minutes and didn't look like scoring until Cole's yellow card and then all of a sudden they threw out the play book and played on instinct. Just like the corresponding fixture in the RWC really. It wasn't enough but it showed that when you have runnings supporting the ball carrier in depth and don't just shift the ball to a static player that you can break the line. If the latter are Gatland's tactics then they should look for another coach. There is clearly the attacking talent, but they looked clueless for a long time in that game. The other thing I noted (and have done before as well) was that they played better after Warburton went off. It kills me to even think it, because Sam has been a great servant of Welsh rugby, but maybe his time is up?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Apparently under UK law (since 1978) it's illegal to say anything discriminatory against any ethnic minorities which gypsies are now classed as.
He could be in hot water but I doubt it, he got away with the forearm smash on a player lying on the floor with no citing.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Racism?

Gypsy?

Since when are gypsies a race?

"Gypsy", that is a quality insult!

"Gook", that's a racist insult.

In summary;

gypsy = good.
gook = bad.

Maybe Marler would've got away with it if he'd called the guy a "gypsy woman"? You'd have to laugh wouldnt you? WhoFT is going to get offended at that?

--Confused of Onehunga.
Might be wrong but I Think it's been politically incorrect ever since the nazis rounded them up as racially inferior stuck them in auschwitz and gassed them

Status
Not open for further replies.