• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

England at the Rugby World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skippy

Is it really necessary to be out on the booze during a WC? I mean, resesrch shows the effects of alcohol on world class athletes can last for a few days in the system. Was this necessary? It surely hampens injury recovery even from the slightest knocks. I just find it interesting in this modern day and age that elite rugby players still feel the need to go out for a big night on the lash, right in the middle of a big tournament. Just doesn't seem right to me. If I was an elite player and was at a WC I wouldn't do anything that could potentially compromise my performance or team. I can't remember which athlete but someone once said he trained on Xmas day because he knew it was one extra day's training on his rival who wasn't. Surely that attitude is not too much too ask from elite rugby players during a WC. I'm not an England supporter but I'm disappointed they are out on the booze let along what Tindall was up too. I would be outraged to hear the Wallabies out on the turps. C'mon lads... is 6 weeks without a drink to ensure you get the most out of your performance etc too much to ask?

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apparently the stunning blonde was a saffa named susie.
Her target was the All Black captain....England is wearing white from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.