• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Crusaders v Reds (Rnd 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wanted to add: Injuries are often used as an excuse but the only player of note out at the moment is Cooper. The game is played with 15 guys!!!
Actually, I don't think Frisby was that bad. I didn't see any glaring errors from him. There were certainly a lot worse than him out there.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Wanted to add: Injuries are often used as an excuse but the only player of note out at the moment is Cooper. The game is played with 15 guys!!!
Actually, I don't think Frisby was that bad. I didn't see any glaring errors from him. There were certainly a lot worse than him out there.

Don't forget K has the trots and that hip strain from trying too hard.

I agree, Nothing wrong with Frisbie, he is just not a 10, doesn't have the vision of a 10. Would make a good half back though, has that split second decision making really needed at 9.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What on earth will the QRU Excuses Think-Tank (whose only job all week is to generate them) come up with now?

Is there anything left? After the S&C group vaporised, could the ETT be next?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What on earth will the QRU Excuses Think-Tank (whose only job all week is to generate them) come up with now?

Is there anything left? After the S&C group vaporised, could the ETT be next?
A quick review of the Deans excuse factory post 2011 will provide the required material. I am sure RG has it all carefully noted since so much of the Reds this year is reminiscent of the Wallabies during that period.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't think Frisby is a brilliant 10 but remember playing out of position due to injury....so does not deserve to be harshly judged......next years replacement for genia which I think looks promising....based on nrc form as half etc.....

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think Frisby is a brilliant 10 but remember playing out of position due to injury..so does not deserve to be harshly judged..next years replacement for genia which I think looks promising..based on nrc form as half etc...

Did the Reds not have a backup 10? How stupid is that?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I was watching Hansen tonight...thought had very good game.....

Irony is more what noticed was quality of lineout throws........

Plus made a few good breaks from the breakdown.....

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Did the Reds not have a backup 10? How stupid is that?
Apparently was supposed to be Coke man despite not having played a game of rugby in a decade, or The Brand because King Robbie said he was a 10.I age Frisby want bad, Genia's passing was woeful, high, low, slow. His running was much better and he effort to the breakdowns, but he dropped away very badly in the second half. I stand by my judgement that he is the fourth 9 in Australia on form.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
you forgot young Duncan ? can't remember his last name.
Yes, poor bloke didn't really get a chance. Add in a junior with virtually no senior rugby experience.

Really anybody who defends RG has no idea about building a squad. i don't regard Beale as a flyhalf's foreskin but he is at least a genuine option at 10 and every other Australian squad has two genuine senior 10s in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.