• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Brumbies 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
Geez that was a bit rough. Chiefs getting a massive rub of the green from 'look @ me' Steevo.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All down to Steve Walsh choking on the big one: should have been a brumbies feed from the Messam knock on.
There is nothing in the laws about I should have blown it earlier therefore I'll ignore the fact the play was live.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Brumbies had the stronger set piece but Chiefs were making more ground in open play. Could have gone either way. I really thought that wasn't a knock on at the last lineout, but that could just be bias. Game played out like a grand final.

I didn't think it was a knock on either. Looked to go straight through his hands and continue along the line. That said, the camera angle was on an angle and Walsh was there in line, so he was in a better position to judge. That also said, he had a shite day at the office.

Reactions: mst

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I really enjoyed the match. Brumbies play some pretty smart rugby and always look to be well drilled. The Chiefs always deliver some pretty quality rugby.

Good to see some quality rugby so far this round.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brumbies had the same issue as the Tahs, the bench frontrowers aren't up to the same standard as starters

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good scrum by Brumbies. They are the best Aussie team so far

I really enjoyed the match. Brumbies play some pretty smart rugby and always look to be well drilled. The Chiefs always deliver some pretty quality rugby.

Good to see some quality rugby so far this round.

Yeah, I enjoyed the game too. I didn't like the last 10 minutes, if you know what I mean ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
how do you explain the scrums won against the feed?

With the two starting props, the ponies scrum was on top, when they were replaced the chiefs slowly got on top and were on the top by the end of the game

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good game.........

It was a fairly tight contest but the Chiefs deserved the win........

A humbling loss the Brumbies need after last week...........

I actually missed the last few minutes but had no major complaints against Walsh, but what was going on at the start of the game with the Chiefs entering the ruck from behind Nic White? It happened once again a little later and he waved it away but I missed the reason?

Scott Sio was immense.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
ummm.unless someone's playing politics isn't that how it should be?
How long since Kepu has played loosehead?

Pretty regularly for the Tahs, two different segments of last nights game,

As it should be? only in Aus, some Aus franchises are light on reserve props

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I felt like the Brumbies just took the foot off the pedal a bit in those last 15 minutes, especially in the forwards. Chiefs started getting on top physically and in the end they deserved the win.

Really missed David Pocock out there, but I have to say I was really impressed with Jordan Smiler's work off the bench. Rory Arnold had a good game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.