• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
You think he should know by now RF, he has had the 16 jersey for a few years now. In that time the Tahs have made hardly any personnel changes in the tight five. Zero in fact.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Mumm as captain... Awww man...
But i suppose, who else is there?...
If we don't put 40 on them...

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well Assisi liked pigs but was more gentle than them. I assume halfback?

A thoughtful contribution, rsa, but we have to allow for his prediclection for avoiding human contact. I'd shift him one position out. Throughout human history five-eighths, flyhalves, standoffs, nervous nellies, skipping gerts - call them what you will - have been renowned not only for their fear of tackling but even more so for their terror of being tackled. Thus the evolution of the hospital pass and the hurried kick to no one or nowhere in particular.

In my mind's eye I can picture St Frannie, cassock flapping about his ankles and birds twittering around his ear holes, praying as was his wont that his half back would box kick the ball or turn it back into the forwards. A man of peace predisposed to turn the other cheek, and thus the patron saint of No. 10s.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Any news on our Tin Ears that side? Blue ? They are dangerous when they are that silent and you expect them to lose by 50.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
A thoughtful contribution, rsa, but we have to allow for his prediclection for avoiding human contact. I'd shift him one position out. Throughout human history five-eighths, flyhalves, standoffs, nervous nellies, skipping gerts - call them what you will - have been renowned not only for their fear of tackling but even more so for their terror of being tackled. Thus the evolution of the hospital pass and the hurried kick to no one or nowhere in particular.

In my mind's eye I can picture St Frannie, cassock flapping about his ankles and birds twittering around his ear holes, praying as was his wont that his half back would box kick the ball or turn it back into the forwards. A man of peace predisposed to turn the other cheek, and thus the patron saint of No. 10s.

St Frannie is also the patron saint of the NFL quarterback who have the "Hail Mary" pass in their repertoire.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
You think he should know by now RF, he has had the 16 jersey for a few years now. In that time the Tahs have made hardly any personnel changes in the tight five. Zero in fact.

I have a feeling though that the tahs have been focusing way too much on training with TPN and he is lacking proper experience in workingwith the rest of the pack.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Fitz has to play harder and also demonstrate that he is not a liability in the scrum.

Agreed, but Ulugia?

Of all the decent Hookers running around in Aus, Ulugia?

I have had concerns about Fitz for a while, he just plays too loose

Meh

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Fitzpatrick is talented round the field and in the scrum when he knows who hes playing with.

He knew who he was playing with against the Saders. The Tahs front rowers have been together for three years pretty much, with only the loss of Palmer. Ulugia was third string cover for the departure of Frier, who has been injured forever in any event. He can't say he didn't have a solid base of knowledge of those propping him.

The key was the lack of application he displayed as a sub in the Juniors game. It may be that his two performances have played him out of the jersey to give Ulugia a very rare start.

Same for Turner at 13, it is an acknowledgement that Cross has been in very poor form (which is a continuation from last year). I like Turner at 13, the Shute SHield may well be a big step down but it shows that he has the basics of the position correct, his positioning in attack and defence was excellent and nobody has ever questioned his commitment in the tackle.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fitzy has to start. He missed out on the Brumbies game, and needs the game time, otherwise he will head down to melbourne. Does Hickey not like him? His throwing is great, and is dynamic around the park. Look at the 2nd half of the Tahs V Bulls last year.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Any news on our Tin Ears that side? Blue ? They are dangerous when they are that silent and you expect them to lose by 50.

Yes I saw them having a braaivleis with some good Aussie mutton and a couple of 'Roo steaks in the local park down the drag from Aussie Stadium. When I asked why they're not training they said the C Team is playing the Tahs. No need to risk their form players ahead of what should be a piece of piss. They need to rest their stars. When someone asked me where they can buy Castle Lager, I left.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Turner looked good in the trial against Fiji, he ran straight, was unselfish, worked hard and defended OK. (he ran out of the line a couple of times)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
HSBC WARATAHS
15. Kurtley Beale (Randwick)
14. Atieli Pakalani (Randwick)
13. Lachie Turner (Eastwood)
12. Tom Carter (Sydney University)
11. Drew Mitchell (Balmain)
10. Berrick Barnes (Sydney University)
9. Luke Burgess (Sydney University)
8. Wycliff Palu (Manly)
7. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University)
6. Ben Mowen (Randwick)
5. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
4. Dean Mumm [c] (Sydney University)
3. Al Baxter~ (Northern Suburbs)
2. John Ulugia^ (Southern Districts)
1. Benn Robinson (Eastwood)
Reserves
16. Damien Fitzpatrick (Eastwood)
17. Sekope Kepu (Randwick)
18. Sitaleki Timani (Southern Districts)
19. Dave Dennis (Sydney University)
20. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
21. Daniel Halangahu (Sydney University)
22. Ryan Cross (Eastern Suburbs)
^ NSW Debut
~ 119th NSW Cap (Phil Waugh 130, Chris Whitaker 118 )

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Damo walks at the end of the seaon, i blame Chris Hickey

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.