• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
This is the Cheetah's v Waratah's thread isn't it? :confused:

I heard the result before I watched the replay and I have to say that I was astounded. Not as much by the final result...I mean upsets do happen.... but by the actual scoreline. Viewing the game though, the Cheetah's looked hungrier, played accordingly, and deserved that win. Funny how when you dominate the contest the bounce of the ball seems to go your way as well. Tah's on the other hand looked indifferent, were waiting for the likes of Beale or Mitchell to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and when that didn't happen, resorted to headless chook stuff to try and save the result.

It was as though the Tah's (and others have mentioned it) felt they only needed to turn up to win. That lack of intensity cruelled them when they got behind and stayed behind. Felt a bit sorry for Pakalani. A couple of those pills that he dropped were under difficult circumstance, and he actually looked to be one of the few who was busting a gut. Hard for any individual to look better than average when the oppostion is nailing you at the gain line.

Obviously very disappointing for Tah's fans but really shit happens, get over it and get behind your team. You've only had one crap game this year, and I put that down to bad mental preparation and a lack of respect for the opposition. The Crusaders were, and are, in rare form, so that game doesn't count, and the two games prior you were on fire! If they repeat the dross this weekend then perhaps there's something in it.

Onya WJ for sticking up for your team!

D

Dunnman

I love the way slot of guys are saying you as in a fan on this page is the 15 men that played for the tahs on sat night. Haha.

The tags were always in the game. For example. If they could of turned around and played how they should they could of scored 4 try's in the last 20. I think thats was every tah fan was hoping. Poor guys I feel for ya.

Go the force. We beat the lions. Oh shit stormers here we come. :/

Go the force!!!!

Do you not believe in tricep training, "shiggins"?

D

Dunnman

Is that a dig at my profile pic. Wtf "Dunnman"?

Go the force!!!!

No offence intended, big guy. But heavy tricep training will improve your bench press substantially. Not an area you should be neglecting.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
What Shiggins should not be neglecting is proof-reading, especially on an iPhone

Yeah Mate I just read it again and it's shocking!!! "tags , slot " and I couldn't even read the end of the first paragraph my self.

I just had too change 3 things in that paragraph lol. Stupid iPhone.

Go the force!!!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
No offence intended, big guy. But heavy tricep training will improve your bench press substantially. Not an area you should be neglecting.

Wtf. I've been staying away from the bench recently. Do I know you or are you just being random?

Ps. I am not cameron Shepard. Lol

Go the force!!!!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wtf. I've been staying away from the bench recently. Do I know you or are you just being random?

Ps. I am not cameron Shepard. Lol

What intriques me is on what basis Dunnman has apparently concluded that the photo shows an imbalance between biceps and triceps development. The biceps are being contracted with the dumbbell curl which means that the antagonist muscle group, the triceps, is relaxed. There would seem to be sufficient muscle bulk shown behind and below the deltoids to suggest that Shepherd would probably have well developed triceps.

Shiggins's muscle architecture is, as he suggests, unknown to most of the rest of us, particularly those who do not frequent the beaches of WA.

D

Dunnman

Oh brother, I didn't realise Bruce was such a know it all.

How about in this photo, young fella. His triceps look as though they still have a bit of meat on them despite biceps flexion and relaxation of the tricep anterior lateral heads....

06.jpg

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

Bruce knows all... He is President at Sydney Uni for Sports and Fitness. Haven't you heard him banging on about how much better the Uni stength and conditioning facilities are compared to other Australia Super franchises? A little trumpet blowing, but he's probably not wrong.

D

Dunnman

so first a discussion on best looking players, now a discussion on strong strong arms. Anything you wanna let us know?

It takes a real man to be able to opely discuss these issues without fear of being labelled sausage wallet.

FYI Dunnman likes the ladies and the ladies like Dunnman.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can I just state that Ronnie Coleman does not count as an example of some sort of normal muscle development?

Just remember: "it's a peanut"

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)

How about in this photo, young fella. His triceps look as though they still have a bit of meat on them despite biceps flexion and relaxation of the tricep anterior lateral heads....

06.jpg

Six of one, half a dozen of the other; In the first photo, you couldn't see the triceps, but they were there. In this photo, you can't see the injection sites, but rest assured...

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There's also the fairly obvious point that ridiculously extreme body building physiques would be zero use on the rugby field.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This thread Is dead. First talk about the wrong game and now about muscles. My biceps are a tad sore after last nights work out. Oh yeah feel the burn.

Go the force!!!!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
its not dead its organically finding its place. if it was dead, it would have been in the starting 15 for the tahs on saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.