• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
WJ is right. 3 trys all.

On that basis, the Brumbies actually beat the Reds.....bahahahaha

Competitive my ass....was anyone watching that game that thought 'The Tahs can still win this' from about 35min on??

Only die-hard Tah fans.....

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
This is why we need my statistics based points system to reflect the style of play of each of the teams in every game...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
On that basis, the Brumbies actually beat the Reds.....bahahahaha

Competitive my ass....was anyone watching that game that thought 'The Tahs can still win this' from about 35min on??

Only die-hard Tah fans.....

Yep, we were only ever a try down from it being a tight finish. I call it competitive on the basis that if the tahs had taken the chances they created, they went blown off the park at all.

The saders are a very different beast. They have the ability to put teams away which is something the tahs as well as the wallabies have struggled at times with over the last few years

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yep, we were only ever a try down from it being a tight finish. I call it competitive on the basis that if the tahs had taken the chances they created, they went blown off the park at all.

The saders are a very different beast. They have the ability to put teams away which is something the tahs as well as the wallabies have struggled at times with over the last few years

Maybe on paper....but not on the field. The tahs were getting smoked where it mattered and it ended up showing on the score....they were LUCKY to even be that close in the end....

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe on paper....but not on the field. The tahs were getting smoked where it mattered and it ended up showing on the score....they were LUCKY to even be that close in the end....

The tahs are capable of points, we have the back three to score try's, so it was more than on paper. But it doesn't take away from the fact the tahs were in the game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
NSW Waratahs centre Tom Carter says he felt ashamed after his side were booed off the SFS

* By Jon Geddes
* The Daily Telegraph
* March 21, 2011 7:22AM

Devastated New South Wales Waratahs centre Tom Carter felt ashamed after supporters booed his team off the SFS following their humiliating 23-3 defeat to the Cheetahs on Saturday night.

And teammate Lachie Turner said that the experience had put a real dent in his heart as fans vented their anger at the performance, which Fox Sports commentator Greg Martin said was like watching "the 15 Stooges".

In a blunt admission, Carter said that the fans had every right to feel angry.

"The booing is a product of the fact we didn't turn up and play," he said. "I feel ashamed as a person to have to deal with that.

"You've got to go home and think about that - we deserve everything we get."

Carter described the rout as the most disappointing performance he has been involved with at NSW.

"It's not acceptable - it's not acceptable to our fans and our coaches who work so hard and support us so much," he said.

"And for us to turn out and play like that is just rubbish.

"You can't be bad losers, the Cheetahs out-enthused us, they beat us at the breakdown and they won the game. But we were awful."

Carter said a lot of words can get spoken but in the end they mean nothing. What counts is the 80 minutes they play each week.

And he warned that if they reproduce that same effort next Saturday in Canberra, the Brumbies would win by 70 or 80 points.

"We can talk about it all the time but it just wasn't good enough across the board," he said.

"We have to go and have a good look at ourselves.

"In key moments we fractured rather than come together."

Turner said he hadn't had too many more hollow feelings than when he faced the wrath of the crowd at fulltime on Saturday.

"That cuts me to the core, it certainly brought it all home tenfold," Turner said. "It puts a real dent in the heart that one."

Turner said there wasn't much said in the sombre dressing room after the game.

"I think everyone was struggling to find the words to say. I have no doubt we will come back on Monday and there will be a pretty tough and honest and brutal team meeting," he said

Turner said it was like there were 15 players out on the field who were on a different page and couldn't string anything together.

Veteran Waratahs prop Al Baxter had never been booed before and said the reaction of the crowd was fair enough.

"They paid money to come and watch a good game and we didn't give them a good game," he said.

"I guess that is a wake-up call for us to have to lift our game and make sure that doesn't happen again."

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The tahs are capable of points, we have the back three to score try's, so it was more than on paper. But it doesn't take away from the fact the tahs were in the game.

Really?!?! Again, no-one (except you hopeful Tah fans) thought the Tahs were in the game from about 35min on. You might have scored 3 tries but without TPN, the Tahs seem quite soft. Rugby is all about the contact area and when you are getting absolutely smoked there, who cares who is in your back 3?? The Hurricanes have almost always had great players in their back 3 but have been average up-front = 0 Super titles. Look at all the past winners (OK it's usually the Crusaders) but the teams have always had formidable packs and been pretty abrasive in the contact......the Tahs won't be or ever look to be in the game until that's fixed.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Where were they on Saturday night? You had a chance to make amends for the Crusaders game and you came out and played worse. I hate to break it to you but that is simple fact.

Reactions: daz

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Tahs were in the Crusaders game for 20 minutes, and really not after that. Any levelling towards the end probably reflected the Crusaders taking the foot off a little. The Tahs were never about to win or really compete. Any talk otherwise is delusional. Too much deluded self-inflation, not enough hard yakka. Bullrush is spot on.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Where were they on Saturda night? You had a chance to make amends for the Crusaders game and you came out and played worse. I hate to break it to you but that is simple fact.

The reds had a chance to make up for there scratchy win in round one against the tahs, what happened there. Remember the bravado about coming of age and home bush being home ground cos there all wallabies, seems weird for you to forget that so soon.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The Tahs were in the Crusaders game for 20 minutes, and really not after that. Any levelling towards the end probably reflected the Crusaders taking the foot off a little. The Tahs were never about to win or really compete. Any talk otherwise is delusional. Too much deluded self-inflation, not enough hard yakka. Bullrush is spot on.

Don't think it's delusional at all, as I've said if we had kicked well, we would only have lost by 2. That said we were blown off the park in a twenty-thirty minute period. But we created the opportunities to win, our execution let us down. It was still a loss and I dint take comfort from it as we took no points, but the tools were on show to illustrate with another opportunity the result could easily be different. That's why I say we were competitive.

That said, I've been saying that against the crusaders for ten years now.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The reds had a chance to make up for there scratchy win in round one against the tahs, what happened there. Remember the bravado about coming of age and home bush being home ground cos there all wallabies, seems weird for you to forget that so soon.

You really are clutching at straws if you want to focus on the Reds rather than your own team, but none the less I'll play along.

1st - You may not have noticed but scratchy or not we beat the Force

2nd - Our shit performance was against the Tahs and we came out the next week and beat our bogey team in a place we have never one.

3rd - Reds are heading in an upwards direction, not downwards like the Tahs.

4th - Have a look at the competition and conference ladder.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You really are clutching at straws if you want to focus on the Reds rather than your own team, but none the less I'll play along.

1st - You may not have noticed but scratchy or not we beat the Force

2nd - Our shit performance was against the Tahs and we came out the next week and beat our bogey team in a place we have never one.

3rd - Reds are heading in an upwards direction, not downwards like the Tahs.

4th - Have a look at the competition and conference ladder.

Ruggo, I think he meant a chance to make up for your scratchy win (against the Force) when you played the Tahs. Perhaps not worded clearly.
But otherwise, I agree! ;)

D

daz

Here ya go Ruggo. We like stats to back up our arguments on this forum.

Australia
Round 5 Updated: 20/03/2011
Team P W L D F A +/- Bns Pts
1. Reds 4 3 1 0 111 78 33 1 17
2. Waratahs 4 2 2 0 94 62 32 2 14
3. Force 4 1 2 1 81 97 -16 1 11
4. Brumbies 4 1 3 0 87 128 -41 3 11
5. Rebels 5 1 4 0 70 192 -122 2 6

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Haha, nice worknruggo, tahs have been ahead for three weeks, now there a couple of points behind the reds are on fire.
Generalizing qld fans, the tahs win over the rebels in Melbourne meant nothing cos Melbourne are crap, so we can cross your win off as well. According to your stats the force suck so that doesn't count either.

Honestly. I'm discussing the tahs in a tahs thread, they played shit against the cheetahs and got rightfully beaten for it. But to come into a tahs thread and talk shit when your golden team got there asses handed to them by that team is just sad. Good luck in a few weeks.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I love the way slot of guys are saying you as in a fan on this page is the 15 men that played for the tahs on sat night. Haha.

The tags were always in the game. For example. If they could of turned around and played how they should they could of scored 4 try's in the last 20. I think thats was every tah fan was hoping. Poor guys I feel for ya.

Go the force. We beat the lions. Oh shit stormers here we come. :/

Go the force!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.