• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2025

phil_jones1989

Frank Row (1)
Mate always have faith in ur team. Aloys almost knocked off Waves this year in the slippery conditions on their own home turf. Anything could happen next year. However I still stand by my comment, in saying Aloys have no depth.

Cheers
#philly

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Yes Mule,

I have heard from a very reliable source the following, using Waves as the case for 2025.

Waves will play Joeys and Scots as the first 2 trial games. So the number of trial games in term 2 will be reduced.
Then the 1 full round of CAS will occur, and finish by the end of term 2. So a CAS winner will eventuate.
Rep teams will then be selected ( which makes good sense after a full CAS and trials season) and play GPS, ISA etc.

Term 3 the top 2 CAS and ISA teams will play each other, I think resulting in a GF as the final game (not 100% sure though).

Sounds smart to me, it doesn't resolve the imbalance typically across the CAS schools but I assume, given it's tradition, it isn't something that can easily be resolved, and maybe it shouldn't be, as long as injuries don't increase because of the size/capability differences.

Choosing the CAS rep teams after the full competition is spot on imo.

I think this may even make SNORT smile tbd!

RugbyBot

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hope they do this, makes a lot of sense. A problem though is that the ISA season is longer than CAS. maybe they don’t do trials and just roll it through all of term 2.

Mule

Ward Prentice (10)
that sounds like it is heading in very much the right direction!

I'd love the Term 2 comps to be just like this (1 round tradition)

and then the Term 3 comp to be really successful so it then attracts (hopefully some begging ;-) ) other association (GPS, CCC, CHS, AICES, etc) top 1-4 schools into a 16 schools NSW ALL SCHOOLS KNOCK OUT CUP played over 4 weeks (with week 1 losers going into a plate comp, week 2 losers going into a trophy comp etc)... ultimate CUP winner goes on to play top QLD/ACT/VIC/WA/WATAS schools in a 1 week comp in Term 3 holidays

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Agree Mule, unfortunately I can't see the GPS ever buying in, given their 2 round comp, and unwillingness to play in any other comp.

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
Can't see things ever extending to Term3 hols. Too close to HSC.. and you've got the athletics season as well which takes the last half of term 3.

For now the GPS comp is nice and close and I suspect they will stick with two rounds, but who knows how long that will last.

Last edited:

MooseyGoosey48

Frank Row (1)
Waverley predicted 2xv:
1.Cy Preteketes ( Younger brother of AJ)
2.Harrsion Jaeger (Younger Brother of Tom Jaeger)
3.Vjay Vacatua...
4. Kai Mcdermott (2s Merchant)
5. Fergus Dominy
6.Callum Bush Brady(2s merchant)
7. Kobi Siltala (Roosters Dev)
8.Solomon Penitani
9. James Granger
10.Hamish Punch (2s merchant)
11.Will Markham (Rooster Dev)
12. Paula Tenisia (Roosters HM)
13.Max Gutierrez ( Pathways)
14.Cooper taylor (2s Merchant)
15. Kai Towns/Riley Donohoe

Potential Darkhorses:
1. Liam Wolthers
2. Miles kelly (Brother of Felix kelly)
3.Billy Myer
4.Kaiasi Talakai
5.Sam Rogers

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
Top 3 calculated based upon 1XV performance or via "club performance" similar to subbies?

The extra team in ISA could be a bit of a sticking point but the general idea is solid.