• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Redtilldead24

Frank Nicholson (4)
It’s a rough back end of the CAS draw for Waves and Knox (especially for waves having Knox away). Having to play their two biggest games back to back is a big ask.

james richards

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ladder:
Barker (9 pts) +112 PD
Knox (6pts) +49 PD
Waverley (6pts) +24 PD
Cranbrook (3pts) -7 PD
Trinity (0pts) -85 PD
St Aloys (0 pts) -93 PD

** Knox v Aloys yet to be considered on the table ... not sure why. When added Knox should be in 1st thanks to the point difference
when added it should be Knox in 1st with 9 points and a PD of +123 if my knowledge of the score being 74-0 is accurate

Last edited:

james richards

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ladder:
Barker (9 pts) +112 PD
Knox (6pts) +49 PD
Waverley (6pts) +24 PD
Cranbrook (3pts) -7 PD
Trinity (0pts) -85 PD
St Aloys (0 pts) -93 PD

** Knox v Aloys yet to be considered on the table ... not sure why. When added Knox should be in 1st thanks to the point difference
when added it should be Knox in 1st with 9 points and a PD of +123 if my knowledge of the score being 74-0 is accurate
Adding to this I think this year will come down to a Barker v Knox final-round game for the shield unless Waverley can pull off a win on their home ground ... thoughts?

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
The game will be a big one no matter what.
Will either be the two undefeated teams playing each other (if Knox beat Waverley), or Knox trying to force a 3-way premiership.
(Assuming no upsets in Barker and Waverly's other games)

The schedule the last few years has put these games in Term 3, albeit it's not great for the CAS selectors.

rugby-OG

Stan Wickham (3)
The game will be a big one no matter what.
Will either be the two undefeated teams playing each other (if Knox beat Waverley), or Knox trying to force a 3-way premiership.
(Assuming no upsets in Barker and Waverly's other games)

The schedule the last few years has put these games in Term 3, albeit it's not great for the CAS selectors.
i have been a bit behind on my CAS knowledge this year and would like to know, who are the most in form players so far this year?

Wow Rod, another belter at Death Valley.
Yet another epitome of how school boy rugby is the best of all to watch IMO.
Both sides exhausted each other.
As a Waves supporter it hurt that we dropped the last ball, 5 out, and unmarked, but then again Barker have also had their share over the years of being pipped at the post.

Trust you enjoyed it ;)
Was a hell of a game it felt like Barker had it in the pack and Waves had the firepower in the backs. Every time that it seemed Barker had it won they invited Waves back in with penalties. Both No 8’s had immense games and would have been my MoM on both sides. Death Valley is a tough place to get a result and good to see all games in the opens being tight affairs and going down to the wire. 2 wins each

rod skellet

Desmond Connor (43)
Was a hell of a game it felt like Barker had it in the pack and Waves had the firepower in the backs. Every time that it seemed Barker had it won they invited Waves back in with penalties. Both No 8’s had immense games and would have been my MoM on both sides. Death Valley is a tough place to get a result and good to see all games in the opens being tight affairs and going down to the wire. 2 wins each
Why I suggest a 3 way tie is that Waves travel well. Going to Warrawee will not phase the Double Vee, and neither does Knox travelling to Barker. If Waves play their best rugby and keep the ball away from the Knox wingers who have genuine pace, then they can win. And Barker will then need to do the same at home. To beat Knox I think 10 man rugby is the go.

Snort1

Stan Wickham (3)
Sigh. Another year, another broken competition.

I don't want this to be construed as Aloys-bashing but... well, there's been a lot of Aloys-bashing this year. Their three results have been 21-39 (commendable), followed by two 70-odd to nil scorelines. In some age groups they field a single team. It's not their fault, but it creates an unbalanced competition and, more importantly, does no good to any of the boys taking part.

Someone needs to fix this.

Mule

Ward Prentice (10)
U16 Waratahs announced
IMG_2196.jpeg
IMG_2195.jpeg

james richards

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are everyone's thoughts for this weekends round:
Cranbrook v Barker
Knox v Waverley
Aloys v trinity

Personally:
Cranbrook 3+ (barker only just pulling off a win against Waverley I think Cranbrook can pull off an upset on home ground)
Knox 7+
Trinity 20+

RugbyBot

Allen Oxlade (6)

I don't want this to be construed as Aloys-bashing but... well, there's been a lot of Aloys-bashing this year. Their three results have been 21-39 (commendable), followed by two 70-odd to nil scorelines. In some age groups they field a single team. It's not their fault, but it creates an unbalanced competition and, more importantly, does no good to any of the boys taking part.

The obvious answer is a two tier ISA /CAS comp for rugby only. Problem solved.

JackJill

Ward Prentice (10)

I have been notified there is developments in the consideration of possible an ISA/CAS integration, or possibly Auggies and Oakhill shifting over to match the strengths of programs. Nothing confirmed although.

Soupnasty

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have been notified there is developments in the consideration of possible an ISA/CAS integration, or possibly Auggies and Oakhill shifting over to match the strengths of programs. Nothing confirmed although.
If that happens, what does that mean for schools like Pius and Stannies etc

Surely the answer is to leave ISA and CAS and work on improving school rugby programs at Alloys etc