• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Soupnasty

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you’re referring to me I can assure you I’m not one of the boys. I can also assure you my focus is entirely on this weekend. I just find it frustrating that people talk up things that they know nothing about.

Nevergiveup is 100% correct that defence wins games. Whoever said the first two tries were scored because the Waverley backline isolated two props is very wrong. The first try yes. The second one was scored from an overlap 4 on 2 a great ball from Patea to get around a compressed defence BUT Knox defence rallied and the prop (who was injured) chased hard. The play was shut down by the winger holding wide and trusting the Prop and the centre to take the inside player. The ball from Waverleys centre was NOT controlled by the winger (knock on) and the defensive effort of Knox should have been rewarded. Alas it was not. That kind of defence (especially that shown from the injured prop) will prove the difference this weekend.

Knox by 12
"Whoever said the first two tries were scored because the Waverley backline isolated two props is very wrong"

Yeah, I didn't intend to blame the Props. It was a clumsy statement, though, that could be taken that way.
As a post, it certainly generated some debate, though.

Onto this weekend for the decider in sunny weather and a great game to finish the year

Knox_to_win

Frank Nicholson (4)
If you’re referring to me I can assure you I’m not one of the boys. I can also assure you my focus is entirely on this weekend. I just find it frustrating that people talk up things that they know nothing about.
Looks like you have access to the kids HUDLS at least. Good thing is we can track it down and have a chat at school.

Redtilldead24

Frank Nicholson (4)
IMG_1255.jpeg